ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rehan786
Newly Registered

Need help

Post by rehan786 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:20 pm

Hi Everyone iam new here and need some asisstancy. My friend who was permanent mamber of this board told me about this.
I need some advice from you all before i will apply for HSMP.

i am from pakistan and living in England.

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THAT SYSTEM ANALYST POSITION IS cOMING UNDER GRADUATE LEVEL JOB OR NOT.

I worked for state own oil company for 3 years as a system analyst. but someone told that HSMP team did not consider it as a graduate level job.

please help me thanks.

rao166

Post by rao166 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:38 am

In my personal opinion if it is written on your exp letter taht this job is graduate level and you were hired due to ur graduation, i think it wud be acceptable to HSMP team. also give them the your detailed job responsibilities.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:04 am

rao166 wrote:In my personal opinion if it is written on your exp letter taht this job is graduate level and you were hired due to ur graduation, i think it wud be acceptable to HSMP team. also give them the your detailed job responsibilities.
rao,
i dont agree with you totally.
there are some job positions not considered graduate level especially in IT field.
this is published on the workingintheuk site.
please reaserch that site thoroughly...if i can get the link i will post it here later
My bow has been renewed

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:26 am

Dear Rao,

Supposinig Yodiyokun is correct (and I am sure he is..), you can do one the best thing is try to get the advertisment cutting for the post same as you hold, which must be mentioning the requirement of the applicant, and it would have stated that Certian Degree is required for this position. THat will help you....

Do tell me that r u the same Rao... from PAkistan who is recently approved and has posted the news of approval?

rao166

Post by rao166 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:40 am

yes dhavaluk, i am the same rao :) . and i was giving suggestions to rehan who actually asked the question.

rehan786
Newly Registered

Post by rehan786 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:11 pm

Thanks to everyone who help me regarding graduate level job.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:21 pm

Hi yodiyokun,

Could you please send me the link of this list of job titles considered graduate level? I have searched the workingintheuk website, but couldnt find it.

Thank you,
Lu.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:00 pm

lbfrancois wrote:Hi yodiyokun,

Could you please send me the link of this list of job titles considered graduate level? I have searched the workingintheuk website, but couldnt find it.

Thank you,
Lu.
oh all right then but always check the workingintheuk site every 2 weeks for new information..
it took me a while to dig out this info again aargh :!: :!:
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/ind/en ... dance.html?

from that page.. go down and look at work experience you should find what u need there but read all sections quite revealing i'd say
My bow has been renewed

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:19 pm

Thank you for the link.

I have applied for a review recently, still waiting for the decision.
Based on those documents I can see that they cleary made big mistakes when considering my application.

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:54 pm

lb- what did you send in for your review?

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:23 pm

Hi amhilde,

I wrote the reason I asked for a review here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=4972

Hope it helps...