ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri May 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi,

I am going to show two bank accounts statement for the maintainance funds. (for the month of Feb). Will be ok to show two bank accounts balance (combined both on myname) for me and the dependent.
Will it ok if I show combined bank statements for Febuary but only current account statement for March and April

I am here on hsmp for 15 months and wife is since last 5 months. How much maintaince funds do I need to show?

Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks

debz

Re: Visa extension (including stamping in 1 and half hr)

Post by debz » Tue May 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi Soham,

Sorry for the late response..
My initial HSMP visa is going to expire on 23rd May'09, so they have given me the extension from that day (i.e. 23rd May'09) to 23rd May '12.

All the best for your application.

Debz here.
Soham1981 wrote:Hi debz

Thank you for your information.

I have book mine on 28/05/09 at Glasgow for HSMP to Tier 1 Extension.

I am applying with my wife and our visa expires on 12/07/2009.

We are going approx 6 week in advance.

Can i ask you one question?

Your tier 1 visa extended from date of application or from your visa expiry date?

Thank You very much.

Regards
Soham
debz wrote:I got my HSMP visa (non JR) extended ystrday from Glasgow PEO. Thanks to those in this forum who helped me with answer to my queries..

I thought that it will be a good idea to share my experience with all of you here..

My husband who too has his own HSMP visa also applied for extension ystrday at Glasgow PEO (we took 2 appos.. his old visa is valid till 18th June and mine till 23rd May)..

We had appo at 9am.. So, we reached the PEO sharp at 9 and underwent the security formalities (bag check, etc).. we were given our ticket numbers.. (mine was '001' and his was '002').. we were shown the waiting area and were asked to wait (till our no. was being called)..

At 9:15am I was called at a counter.. the person at the counter asked me abt the kind of visa I'm applying for.. he then asked for my application form and passport.. he had a look at those and then asked for my supporting docs.. I had the whole bunch ready (section-wise with cover letter on top of each) and handed it over to him.. he told me wait in the waiting area for 10-15 mins and have some tea/coffee till he calls me again.. he added that he wanted to look at my docs.. I told him that I'm ready to wait there (in front of him) in case he needs any clarification.. but he said that's not reqd.. I told him that each section has cover letter and left for the waiting area..

At 9:27am I was called again at the counter.. the man said that my case has been approved and that they have decided to grant me an extension of 3 yrs.. I could not believe my ears (as I didnt expect it to be so fast :D ).. he told that I will be called at the other counter to pay the fees..

By the time I left the document submission counter, I was called at the payment counter.. I did not fill in the payment details in the form as I thought that I was going to pay in-person.. but the guy at the counter told that I need to fill in those details though I pay up entering the PIN in the m/c.. so, did accordingly and paid up 1020 pounds.. he told me to wait in the waiting area till my no. is called again..

At around 9:45am, I was called again at another counter (which had 'premium service caseworker' or something written on it).. the person at that counter had a very quick look at my application and docs and said that he need to photocopy some pages and keep.. I was asked to be seated there itself and wait for him.. he came back in arnd 10 mins and told that photocopying is a hectic job.. I was thinking to myself that I had submitted more docs and made the poor soul's job worse maybe.. he told that I may need to wait for around 40 mins at the waiting area till the visa stamping is done..

At around 10:30am, I was called at another counter where I was handed over my passport with the extension visa on it..

My husband faced the same round of processes and got his visa stamped by around 11am..

I saw two other candidates going thru the same process.. but after they submitted their docs and waited for 10-15 mins, they were told by the guy at the submission counter that his colleague is going to take a closer look at thier case and get back.. not sure abt their visa category or the factors determining approval process speed..

As the process was over for both of us and we collected our mobile, umbrella, etc from the secrity counter and left.. the staffs at the Glasgow PEO has very good sense of humour and are very friendly and helpful.. the person at the security counter even came out of the building to give us the direction to the science museum..

our return ticket was booked for the 6:40pm train (to London).. the science museum was closed so we landed up watching 3 movies :lol: (as we didnt want to move arnd much with laptop & clothes' bag)..

Debz here.

CSK

Post by CSK » Tue May 05, 2009 8:37 pm

guys,

Congrats to all those who had success already !!

Can someone please put down the list of docs that u carried for ur extn during your PEO appointment?

thanks in adv..

niruv

Post by niruv » Wed May 06, 2009 12:42 pm

have submited following docs
No covering letters as my case is simple and stright.
But in one of my friends case he enclosed a covering letter for previous earnings to explain his salary was deposited twice in one month.

My Docs

Education: Original Masters degree certificate (Although not required as per guidance but they asked me.)

Previous Earnings and UK Exp:
Payslips
Bank statements
P60

English Language: Original Bachelor Degree certificate
Letter from university(Although not required as per guidance but they asked me.)

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Wed May 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Thanks Niruv.

Does anyone know how latest should the bank statements be? Can I show my bank statement which is like a more than a month old as I wont be receiving my current bank statement by the time of my appointment.

CSK

Post by CSK » Wed May 06, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi niruv,

Thanks for sharing these details. i consider my case also as to be strgt frwd and i hope to present the similar sort of docs list.

ambitions_high,
I too have same doubt since my appointment is on june 10th where in my bank statements come every 17th so i wont be able to submit the original bank statements, in tat case what is the other contingency that people have made?

I have barclays accnt, so planning to get a adhoc printed statement from the bank..

Has anyone had such scenario before?

Thanks...

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu May 07, 2009 10:52 am

I think bank statements should not be more than one month old for maintanance funds
CSK: Read the guidance notes before you submit the printed bank statement from the bank

bond

Post by bond » Thu May 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi ambitions_high

take a print out of online statements ask the bank to stamp and provide supporting letter stating that the are authnticating these statements and they are tru copies of customer transactions,

i have done the same, my appointment was on 5th of may, i did not had my original bank statements from december to april 30th i took colour printouts and asked the bank to stamp on every page and an authentication letter as well,

regards
bond

CSK

Post by CSK » Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 pm

niruv

This is bit confusing for me, let me explain what am intending to do.

1) I get my original bank statements every month through post, which i have kept safe for last 1 year. These statements will show my earnings or my salary credit transaction for last 1 year which will be in sync with my payslips. these are all original statemnts printed on banks stationary.
2) Now for my maintenance funds i am going to use the same statements to prove that i have "balance" of 800 £ in last 3 months.Obviously when i go for my appointment these statements will be more than 1 month, do u think this wil not work?
3) If i cannot use these statements should i have to get a seperate 3 month bank statement from bank just before my appointment?

I would appreciate anyone who can help on this.

thanks

dhalok
Newly Registered

application for extension outside the UK

Post by dhalok » Thu May 07, 2009 2:50 pm

hi everyone,

Please help me out guys...

Can application be made from outside the UK. I have been in UK for a year now and need to leave UK now.

I am under HSMP (applied in jan 08 and started working here in march 08 ) and planning to apply for extension, from outside the UK

bonvivz

congrats bond!

Post by bonvivz » Thu May 07, 2009 7:44 pm

bond wrote:Hi ambitions_high

take a print out of online statements ask the bank to stamp and provide supporting letter stating that the are authnticating these statements and they are tru copies of customer transactions,

i have done the same, my appointment was on 5th of may, i did not had my original bank statements from december to april 30th i took colour printouts and asked the bank to stamp on every page and an authentication letter as well,

regards
bond
Hey bond,

Congrats bro!...

plz share your experience..., Im due for extension in june. Which bank is yours?.. damn I enquired the HSBC bank , those guys are not ready at all to endorse a single statement. However I managed to convince them for Bank statements on their letter head with a stamp (usually used by teller). they "We are strictly not authorized to authenticate/endorse any statement for any reasons".

regards,

bon

bonvivz

answers

Post by bonvivz » Thu May 07, 2009 7:51 pm

CSK wrote:niruv

This is bit confusing for me, let me explain what am intending to do.

1) I get my original bank statements every month through post, which i have kept safe for last 1 year. These statements will show my earnings or my salary credit transaction for last 1 year which will be in sync with my payslips. these are all original statemnts printed on banks stationary.
2) Now for my maintenance funds i am going to use the same statements to prove that i have "balance" of 800 £ in last 3 months.Obviously when i go for my appointment these statements will be more than 1 month, do u think this wil not work?
3) If i cannot use these statements should i have to get a seperate 3 month bank statement from bank just before my appointment?

I would appreciate anyone who can help on this.

thanks

1) I see no issues
2)

Firstly its gud you are using the same statements, 'coz thats the safest way. Now I am unable to decipher "Obviously when i go for my appointment these statements will be more than 1 month, do u think this wil not work?" this. Its advised to have the latest bank statements with you before applying and not later than 1 month old.

3) Simple, request an one-off statement from the bank covering latest trascations.

CSK

Post by CSK » Thu May 07, 2009 8:49 pm

bonvivz

Thanks for ur inputs mate !!

Since i have my appointment on 10th june, i wil not have original bank statement from may 18- june 10th, since my monthly statements come every 17th... so my queries are

1) Should i get a bank statement jus for the period of may 18 - june 10..if yes i assume that i need to get it in bank's original stationary.

2) for maintenance proof will my original statements before may 18th will be enough or should i again have a latest bank statement got from bank for 3 months seperately.

Anyone who has clarity on this please help..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu May 07, 2009 10:37 pm

CSK wrote:bonvivz

Thanks for ur inputs mate !!

Since i have my appointment on 10th june, i wil not have original bank statement from may 18- june 10th, since my monthly statements come every 17th... so my queries are

1) Should i get a bank statement jus for the period of may 18 - june 10..if yes i assume that i need to get it in bank's original stationary.

2) for maintenance proof will my original statements before may 18th will be enough or should i again have a latest bank statement got from bank for 3 months seperately.

Anyone who has clarity on this please help..
Maintenance funds statement (whether or not it is the same as used for earnings points) can not be more than a month older on the date of application. For a 1th June application it would be 11th May. As you are submitting the bank statement issued 18th May, the evidence look good from that perspective.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

CSK

Post by CSK » Thu May 07, 2009 11:01 pm

push_hsmp,

Thanks a lot for clearing this up..it makes sense now to me.

But one final question is, do i need to get latest statements to cover the gap in between the original statement and appointment or will my original statements which are lesss than 1 month old will be enough to show as proof for maintenance & earnings?.

I just want to make absolutely clear wit my doubts, so please bare wit me if my queries look redundant :wink: :roll:

dellfan

Appoitment Booked

Post by dellfan » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14 am

Hi All,
Just booked appoitment for HSMP Extension (Non JR) at Birmingham PEO for 19 June 2009. My Visa Expires on 20 Jul 2009. Can anybody please share there experiences at this PEO.
I asked the advisor if my application is successfull will i be issued visa from 19/06 or will it be from my Visa expiry date, advisor said that it depends on the Case Worker discretion.

Regards

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:20 pm

Hello All,
I got the appointment (For Tier-1 General) for 19th June in Croydon and my HSMP visa expires on 6 Aug.
My wife is on HSMP dependent visa and I'll be applying for her as Tier-1 dependent.

Could you plz tell along with my docs(my bank statements etc) what docs do I need for her dependent visa apart from marriage certificate?

Does she need a separate bank account and money in that?

Regards

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri May 08, 2009 9:21 pm

CSK wrote:push_hsmp,

Thanks a lot for clearing this up..it makes sense now to me.

But one final question is, do i need to get latest statements to cover the gap in between the original statement and appointment or will my original statements which are lesss than 1 month old will be enough to show as proof for maintenance & earnings?.

I just want to make absolutely clear wit my doubts, so please bare wit me if my queries look redundant :wink: :roll:
The existing proof will do.
regards,
push

can i get approval?
Newly Registered

Post by can i get approval? » Sat May 09, 2009 12:14 pm

Thank you Niruv for that very well explained account of your time doing an in person application.
I was going to do a postal application like I did for my HSMP as this went very smoothly but my extension is going to be a little more complicated I feel unfortunately, hence I may have to try for an in person application.
Cheers.
Last edited by can i get approval? on Sat May 09, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sat May 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi,

I am filling up form for extension/transfer from HSMP to Tier-1. I have couple of queries while filling the form, and would appreciate your help.

1) Photographs - the recommend photo is without glasses???

2) B-10/11/12/13 - Home Office reference number, Previous worker reference number and Points based system reference number. Which numbers shall I fill-in, I was on WP in 2006, then HSMP in 2007. Looking from my previous applications, I had a reference number on my HSMP approval it has two numbers a) our ref and b) your ref. And the associated Leave to Remain approval had two more numbers a) work permit number, and b) your reference number.

So I am quite confused which reference numbers to fill in ???

3) D-4 - Reference number for Entry Clerance/visa. On my passport and my dependents passport, there are two numbers, a) VAF number and b) printed RED colour number

Not sure which number to fill in

4) On dependent's form, section 4 - Question H.5 - Is the main applicant making a initial or switching application or extension.

My thought was that it is an extension, but if I select Extension - I do not get asked for minimum funds £533 per month, I am taken to section-K, in whcih they never ask for dependants period of stay and £533 per month condition.

I will be grateful if people can share their understanding of the new form.

Thanks a lot.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 09, 2009 1:32 pm

can i get approval? wrote:Thank you Niruv for that very well explained account of your time doing an in person application.
I was going to do a postal application like I did for my HSMP as this went very smoothly but my extension is going to be a little more complicated I feel unfortunately, hence I may have to try for an in person application.
Cheers.
On the contrary, HO says that if your application is straight forward you should go for in person application. See below:
Our public enquiry offices offer a same-day service, at a premium fee, for considering straightforward applications for permission to extend your stay in the United Kingdom or to stay here permanently (known as 'leave to remain' and 'settlement'). They cannot consider complex applications.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 09, 2009 1:41 pm

wphsmpteir1 wrote:1) Photographs - the recommend photo is without glasses???
See this
wphsmpteir1 wrote: 3) D-4 - Reference number for Entry Clerance/visa. On my passport and my dependents passport, there are two numbers, a) VAF number and b) printed RED colour number
Red number
wphsmpteir1 wrote: 4) On dependent's form, section 4 - Question H.5 - Is the main applicant making a initial or switching application or extension.
My thought was that it is an extension, but if I select Extension - I do not get asked for minimum funds £533 per month, I am taken to section-K, in whcih they never ask for dependants period of stay and £533 per month condition.
if you are applying for HSMP-Tier1(G) then you can possibly reach to H5; You go to H3 then to H4 and then straight to J1. read the form carefully.
regards,
push

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sat May 09, 2009 9:31 pm

Thanks push_hsmp for your replies. I will get my photos taken asap without glasses to be on safer side.

a) Thanks for your help, i will fill in RED colour number in VISA in section , however in B10 (should I fill in Our REF Number from HSMP approval Letter???), and similarly in section B11 (should I fill in my WP acceptance letter from 2006??)

b) I am still unclear on the dependant form, when you said refer H3 then H4 and then J1. I do not think this applies to me.

I have

a) WP from Jan-2006 till June-2007.
b) HSMP from July-2007 till date.
c) Now I will apply for Tier-1 (General)

In PBS section-4, H3 - I select Tier-1 (General) and then go to H4

In H4, I select NO as the paragraph of HSMP Forum Ltd Judicial Review Policy Document does not apply to me, since I got my first HSMP after Nov-2006, and I did not switch categories from HSMP as stated in the Policy Document.

So I move onto H5, and select "An extension of his/her existing leave"
which takes me to section-K.

To me this seems logical, since when I first applied for HSMP in June-2007, I was not asked to provide evidence of maintainance funds for my dependant, and hence I am forwarded to section-K as per original conditons as prevelant in June-2007.

Please review my comments and suggest from your understanding. Its all so confussing these days, I need to complete the form in couple of days...

On another note, I would request all those who had WP before April 2006, therefater they changed to HSMP or stayed with WP to join the online petition.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 09, 2009 10:52 pm

wphsmpteir1 wrote:b) I am still unclear on the dependant form, when you said refer H3 then H4 and then J1. I do not think this applies to me.

I have

a) WP from Jan-2006 till June-2007.
b) HSMP from July-2007 till date.
c) Now I will apply for Tier-1 (General)

In PBS section-4, H3 - I select Tier-1 (General) and then go to H4

In H4, I select NO as the paragraph of HSMP Forum Ltd Judicial Review Policy Document does not apply to me, since I got my first HSMP after Nov-2006, and I did not switch categories from HSMP as stated in the Policy Document.

So I move onto H5, and select "An extension of his/her existing leave"
which takes me to section-K.

To me this seems logical, since when I first applied for HSMP in June-2007, I was not asked to provide evidence of maintainance funds for my dependant, and hence I am forwarded to section-K as per original conditons as prevelant in June-2007.
See your current leave is under HSMP (post Dec 5, 2006). Whatever your answer to H4 is, the application form asks you to move to J1 (Yes or No does not make any difference). I am not sure why are you ignoring "Now go to question J1" just after H4 and jumping to K. For more clarity, see H3 - only Tier-2 applicants have been advised to move to H5.
regards,
push

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Thanks push_hsmp

You are right. The confussion was because of the "go to J1" being aligned below the "yes" tick box. Thanks a lot.

I will be grateful if you can tell me about the question a) on what to fill in:

B10 : HSMP reference number

Is it your or our reference number (six digit number)

and

B11:

Is this necessary or B10 would be sufficient.