ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting Time For Spouse Visa, Hong Kong

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lightning187
Newly Registered

Waiting Time For Spouse Visa, Hong Kong

Post by lightning187 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:06 am

Hi,

My wife is from Hong Kong and we were married there in March this year. After our marriage we applied for a spouse visa so that she can join me in the UK. Our application was submitted on 16th March, which was 8 weeks ago now. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for approval of a spouse visa applied in HK? When we applied we were told to wait up to 3 months.

My wife went to the British Consulate in HK a couple of weeks ago to enquire the status of her application. Their response was the entire entrance clearance process for applications made from HK is now based in the Philipines and that they are unable to provide a progress status on her application. My wife has also emailed the Philipines British Consulate but they have not replied to her email.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
L

glace81
Newly Registered

Post by glace81 » Mon May 25, 2009 1:19 pm

It should take 180 working days..

glace81

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 26, 2009 12:08 pm

It should take 180 working days..
The above is SIX months.I think its incorrect. The website states anything between 8 to 12 weeks :lol:

glace81
Newly Registered

Post by glace81 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Settlement visa processing time is 3 months which is 180 days which doesnt include weekends,but that is the maximum time they give,they will give earlier than that anyway if they are satisfied with your application.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Settlement visa processing time is 3 months which is 180 days which doesnt include weekends,but that is the maximum time they give,they will give earlier than that anyway if they are satisfied with your application.
I know I was never good at sums, but can you explain how 180 days is equivilant to 3 months please???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

glace81
Newly Registered

Post by glace81 » Sun May 31, 2009 3:49 am

There are 30 days in a month, some may have 31 or less than 30 days..It really clearly shows that it is 4 months since 180 days, which includes the saturdays and sundays in a month but usually they doesnt have work on weekends so, that makes it 3 months they say..I am actually from Philippines, and always been updated with the British Embassy Manila's website. But it shouldnt take that long for 3 months if the entry clearance is satisfied with your application, they wouldnt drag that long..

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun May 31, 2009 5:32 pm

I don't even know why I'm posting this. But anyway..

Let's say a month is 30 days, and there are 4 weekends in a month. Do we agree that makes 22 working days per month?

So three months is 66 working days and six months is 132 working days.

180 working days is eight months and four days.

Oh, shit. We forgot about Bank Holidays. Back to the drawing board..
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 31, 2009 11:55 pm

Anybody else want to have a go ???? :D :P :lol: 8)