ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for RC and want to travel to Germany.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freedom83
Newly Registered

Waiting for RC and want to travel to Germany.

Post by freedom83 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi all,

My husband applied for a RC in November 2008 and is still waiting for his RC. He did not send his passport with the application- just the certified copy of his passport( and mine). We will send our passport when our application is reviewed.
My husband want to travel to Germany, applied for his Schengen visa. Do you think it is safe for him to travel just with his passport and the Certificate of Application which confirms he is applying for his RC?
What do you think about that?
I am a bit concerned and do not want to go through again " me rescuing him " from Detention Center or something like that...
Please advise ...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Waiting for RC and want to travel to Germany.

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 10, 2009 2:26 pm

freedom83 wrote:Hi all,

My husband applied for a RC in November 2008 and is still waiting for his RC. He did not send his passport with the application- just the certified copy of his passport( and mine). We will send our passport when our application is reviewed.
My husband want to travel to Germany, applied for his Schengen visa. Do you think it is safe for him to travel just with his passport and the Certificate of Application which confirms he is applying for his RC?
I am a bit concerned and do not want to go through again " me rescuing him " from Detention Center or something like that...
Please advise ...
Can he not wait for Schengen visa - my gf just got one inside a week so shouldn't take long.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

freedom83
Newly Registered

Post by freedom83 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Wanderer wrote:

Please advise ...
Can he not wait for Schengen visa - my gf just got one inside a week so shouldn't take long.

Thank you , Wanderer.
Sorry, I was not very clear.
As soon he gets his Schengen Visa, he will travel.
The point is that he HAS NOT received his RC yet. So that means he has his passport with a Family Permit , which was valid for 6 months( till 29 Nov 2008)
His EEA2 application is still in HO under consideration. He sent the application to HO 20th November 2008.
So my problem is that he will have his passport with his Schengen visa, but in his passport will be ONLY that family permit ( no RC) that's all. Plus he will have a Letter from HO confirming that he has applied for RC.
He is so sure he can travel like that.- but I am concerned...
Can people actually travel while waiting for RC???

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Are u an EU-citizen ie - not British?

And is ur husband planning to travel with u or without u?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun May 10, 2009 3:47 pm

freedom83 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Please advise ...

Thank you , Wanderer.
The point is that he HAS NOT received his RC yet. So that means he has his passport with a Family Permit , which was valid for 6 months( till 29 Nov 2008)
His EEA2 application is still in HO under consideration. He sent the application to HO 20th November 2008.
So my problem is that he will have his passport with his Schengen visa, but in his passport will be ONLY that family permit ( no RC) that's all. Plus he will have a Letter from HO confirming that he has applied for RC.
I think he would have a hard time getting back into the UK if he is a visa national. I know of non visa nationals (ie Americans) who have travelled out while waiting for their RC, and show only passport and COA on arrival. But I suspect it wouldn't go so smoothly for a visa national. They're likely to grant him entry in the end, but it's just a lot of hassle, which is better avoided by just waiting for the RC. Unless it's really urgent, and you just have to go. All the best! :)

freedom83
Newly Registered

Post by freedom83 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Wanderer wrote:Are u an EU-citizen ie - not British?

I am an EU Citizen

He is planning to travel without me...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 10, 2009 5:21 pm

freedom83 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Are u an EU-citizen ie - not British?

I am an EU Citizen

He is planning to travel without me...
In that case he's gonna need to show I bona fide visa I fear....

freedom83
Newly Registered

Post by freedom83 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Rozen wrote:
freedom83 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Please advise ...

Thank you , Wanderer.
I think he would have a hard time getting back into the UK if he is a visa national. I know of non visa nationals (ie Americans) who have travelled out while waiting for their RC, and show only passport and COA on arrival. But I suspect it wouldn't go so smoothly for a visa national. They're likely to grant him entry in the end, but it's just a lot of hassle, which is better avoided by just waiting for the RC. Unless it's really urgent, and you just have to go. All the best! :)
Thank you all for your replies.
I will leave my husband to decide what to do because as he says" what they can do to him"... Honestly, after all we have been through- I do not want to deal with UK Immigration ever again...
I am the one who is worried, my hubby says- he will be OK....
Anyway- lets wait and see and I will keep you posted how did it go- for others to learn from his experience ...
Thank you again guys

freedom83
Newly Registered

Post by freedom83 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to tell you that my husband was refused a Schengen Visa as German Embassy says in the letter that he must provide a "Valid Residence Permit for the UK" and his Family Permit is expired now. So he is going nowhere until he gets his EEA2.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:17 pm

freedom83 wrote:Just wanted to tell you that my husband was refused a Schengen Visa as German Embassy says in the letter that he must provide a "Valid Residence Permit for the UK" and his Family Permit is expired now. So he is going nowhere until he gets his EEA2.
At least he satisfied his curiosity! :)

abidjan1

Post by abidjan1 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:43 am

hi freedom83
your husband has been waiting for more than 6 months. what hapen with the HO is that when they receive application they just put it in drawer and you have to wait until when they happy. here is what you will do and within a month he should normally hear something about his RC.
send and email to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk explain politely the fact you been waiting more than 6 months . it should triggered your application process. always work.
if his travel is not urgent then follow my advice and hopefully within a month he sould be sorted
good luck

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu May 21, 2009 1:30 pm

freedom83 wrote:Just wanted to tell you that my husband was refused a Schengen Visa as German Embassy says in the letter that he must provide a "Valid Residence Permit for the UK" and his Family Permit is expired now. So he is going nowhere until he gets his EEA2.
He can push back on them if he wants. He does not require a residence permit in the UK. In fact the Residence Card in the UK is entirely optional, as is laid out on the home office web site.