ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried partners visa UK Mexican-French couple

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karlita77
Newly Registered

Unmarried partners visa UK Mexican-French couple

Post by karlita77 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:33 pm

Hello everyone! I just joined the forum because I need some help with the unmarried partners visa in the UK. My case is not very straightforward because I am Mexican and my partner is French, but we have been together in the UK for two years. I have already written to the Home Office and to UK Visas and they have explained to me more or less what I need for my application. It seems we have almost all the papers, but I can't help feeling nervous about it and I really want to make sure I get the visa.

Well, we have different proofs of our relationship, such as correspondence to the same address, emails between us when we've been apart, hundreds of photos,etc. However, just at the beginning of our relationship I was in Mexico for a couple of months, during which obviously we don't have anything with the same address. After that I went to the UK and we lived together but in a shared house with other students. From that house we have only one or two letters and bank statements, I don't know if that's enough! We have a lot more papers from the other places where we've lived, so that's ok.

In one month I'm going to Mexico and I will apply from there. At the moment me and my boyfriend are in France on holiday and we will go back to the UK in October, but we still don't have a place to live there. This last year we lived in York and now we will have to go to Nottingham so we still have to look for a place to live. For the visa they say that you should have adequate accommodation, so what am I supposed to say in this case, if we still don't have a flat? We think we will stay for a week or so with some friends while we find a flat, so I'm not really sure how to manage this for the application.

I would really appreciate if any of you have any ideas of you and I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks a lot! :P

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:41 pm

Not sure you got a reply to this,.... hope everything has worked out fine to you. I applied for my partner (I'm British, he's Brazilian), and I owned a flat, so that helped. However, I suppose that if you have the financial proof that you can accomodate yourself adequately, the HO will have no qualms about it.

Bank statements, ex landlord letters, etc, should help.

Good luck.

karlita77
Newly Registered

Thanks Rogeiro

Post by karlita77 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:49 am

Hello Rogerio, thanks a lot for your reply. Well, I still haven't applied for the visa as I am in France and will be going to Mexico to do it in August. Like I said, the main problem I have now is that my boyfriend and me still don't have a flat in Nottingham, but we definitely have the money to have adequate accommodation. So I still have to see how to solve this issue, but I am almost sure we fill all the other requirements. Anyway, thanks a lot and I will appreciate if you have any other useful information... Thank you!

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:10 am

hey Karlita, that's great news. I am sure that the process will go smoothly. Let us know how it goes. All the best - keeping my fingers crossed for you two.

karlita77
Newly Registered

Post by karlita77 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Hello Rogerio! I am now in Mexico and went just yesterday to the British Consulate here to apply for my unmarried partner's visa. Unfortunately, they asked me for my partner's birth certificate, which I didn't have so I have to wait now for him to send it to me and I will go again in a few days. I had a certified copy of his passport and I didn't know I needed the birth certificate as well :( . I hope everything goes ok afterwards, but I am quite nervous! Also the people here are not very helpful, and they are Mexican!!! I will let you know what happens...

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:27 pm

Just take your time and get him to send his UK long style birth certificate (there is a short and a long version). I am sure everything is going to be okay.

Good luck and let us know!

R

karlita77
Newly Registered

I have my visa!!

Post by karlita77 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:53 am

Well, great news! After one month of struggling with the British Consulate in Mexico, I finally have my unmarried partners visa. I had to go 3 times because every time they said I had some paper missing. However, after one of those times, I got really angry after the way they treated me and called the vice consul to complain... I don't know if he spoke about me with the women at the consulate because as a miracle, this third time that I went to give in my application, they didn't check almost any papers, any evidence and I didn't even need an interview... They gave me the visa just like that!! I'm really happy but it was all very strange...
Thanks for everyone's help!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:03 am

Congratulations, glad it all worked out in the end.
John