ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs for Black and white Screen(Mainframe) Programmers

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chandu_246

Jobs for Black and white Screen(Mainframe) Programmers

Post by chandu_246 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:31 am

Hi All,

I got my TIER1 stamped very recently.I know the job market is pretty dull at present.I have total 6 yrs of programming exp. in Mainframe.I would like to know the job market for Mainframe programmers.My TIER1 visa is valid from June1st 2009.

Seniors plz suggest.

Any mainframe programmers looking for job in UK can join this discussion.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Mon May 11, 2009 10:44 am

I can understand your excitement about getting Tier 1 visa and worry about the job market in UK but I think this forum should look in to the issues of immigration and problems related to that rather than jobs.
I am not discouraging you about the job discussion but this is not the right forum to do that.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Mon May 11, 2009 11:18 am

HSMP2008_JANUARY,

Dude, what do you think we ll do with Tier 1, we we do not have proper informatoin on the job market. Definitely with Tier 1 we are not going to work in hotels and restaurants, but proper software jobs.

So, i feel this is the right forum to ask questions on jobs also. Maybe you have a job and you dont understand the psychlogy of the person who would be leaving everything behind, traveling to UK for the job.

No offence to your reply, but i feel it was totally irrelevent and not sought for. Feel free to get back to me...

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Mon May 11, 2009 1:07 pm

coolsats wrote:HSMP2008_JANUARY,

Dude, what do you think we ll do with Tier 1, we we do not have proper informatoin on the job market. Definitely with Tier 1 we are not going to work in hotels and restaurants, but proper software jobs.

So, i feel this is the right forum to ask questions on jobs also. Maybe you have a job and you dont understand the psychlogy of the person who would be leaving everything behind, traveling to UK for the job.

No offence to your reply, but i feel it was totally irrelevent and not sought for. Feel free to get back to me...
Sorry mate, you dint get the point.
I understand that you need job after getting Tier 1 visa. This forum is specialized on immigration issues and people with job discussions are less.
If you are looking for getting the valuable feedbacks and discussions on job then there may be better forums.

Most of the people who uses this forum is to get the Tier 1 ( and other visa ). Once they have it, there is less possibility of they looking in to this forum.

So the point is you may get less feedback than you expected and this is not you want.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Mon May 11, 2009 1:59 pm

HSMP2008_JANUARY wrote:
coolsats wrote:HSMP2008_JANUARY,

Sorry mate, you dint get the point.
I understand that you need job after getting Tier 1 visa. This forum is specialized on immigration issues and people with job discussions are less.
If you are looking for getting the valuable feedbacks and discussions on job then there may be better forums.

Most of the people who uses this forum is to get the Tier 1 ( and other visa ). Once they have it, there is less possibility of they looking in to this forum.

So the point is you may get less feedback than you expected and this is not you want.

HSMP2008_JANUARY . i agree with you .

The above guys particularly coolstats needs to undertand one thing .
Jobs depends on who is applying and not generic .

It depends on his skill sets , experience , attitude (which coolstats dont have) (just go through the forum and see messages sent by coolstats, he is a pakka bihari localite viallager ) and the way they put forth in an interview .

No body in this forum can help a person achieve this . The person needs to get these himself .....

For chandu_246,

Mate , it is not like INDIA here where in recommendations works out . There are lots of jobs in mainframes . But depends on how good u r ...and interview is the gateway ..How u click there is important .... Your english skills also matters in UK .

But again ur disadvantage is mainframes is a old tech and you have guys with 25 years experinece also applying . Guy sitting next to me is a Old man who is 60 years and has 35 years experience and so u need to shine in front of such people . That is the game ...Be above the best ...

For example Guys working on Latest technologies will have more advantage as no of people are less ...So many factors ...

So it is individual based .

Go to job sites ..Pick ur job ..try to get a interview call ..Shine there ...
That is it ....No short cuts ....
People who always win today and tommorow were the people who always lost yesterday ...

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon May 11, 2009 3:22 pm

RE..
Regarding jobs in hotels::: I guess ppl working in hotels are earning more than ppl being redundent from IT jobs.. He will come to know the reality after coming to UK....It is rightly said its not INDIA and there is no short cut.. It all depends upon your determination... Its a different world up here... There are proper UK 5+ experence software developers without jobs....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon May 11, 2009 3:37 pm

What people do with their Tier 1 is entirely on their descretion. You can work in hotel, be a rocket scientist or be a Lakshmi Mittal. Point made was pretty simple and that was "this forum is not the right place".The last thing people would like to see in this forum is people searching jobs and floating CVs.
If you not have proper information on the job market or was not sure what you gonna do with Tier 1, why did you applied in the first place? As far as psychology of person leaving everything behind is concern, yes we very well know what it is. Everybody have done that. Thats why yasa and mahesh rightly said in this thread.. you will need determination to stand by your decision of leaving everything behind.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Mon May 11, 2009 4:17 pm

@ Maheshnair,

Dude, i speak like a bihari, cos am a BIHARI and am proud of that.
What i spoke about you previously, i must tell you that, YOU DESERVE IT

There's more coming your way pal if you dont mend your ways of talking in a public forum.

I ll be watching you... (Moderator edit : You are being watched. Offensive postings on this board will not be tolerated.]

Be Good and the world around would be Good to you...

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Mon May 11, 2009 4:50 pm

coolsats wrote:@ Maheshnair,

Dude, i speak like a bihari, cos am a BIHARI and am proud of that.
What i spoke about you previously, i must tell you that, YOU DESERVE IT

There's more coming your way pal if you dont mend your ways of talking in a public forum.

I ll be watching you...

Be Good and the world around would be Good to you...

You are Bihari or bikari i dont care . I will write and give on stamp paper man .
With your attitude , you will never get a Job in UK ..... Attitude is No 1 factor which gets u job and manners ..You are like stray dog .. Uk companies will shoot u on sight ....

You will keep writing Bihari slangs for rest of ur life sitting in some village ....Taker My word ....

I am sure you will reply to this mail with ur long bihari slangs ...But please do , as you are my biggest time pass ...You know these jokers who comes in between circus ....

" If you want i can help you get a Job , provided u are good at blow jobs ....There are lots of gays here or if your daughter can give me one "
People who always win today and tommorow were the people who always lost yesterday ...

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Mon May 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Dear Maheshnair,

I though am not gona use slangs on you, felt like you are behaving yourself. If only you could have replied with proper words, you would have saved yourself one more humiliation.

But MOTHERFUCKERS like you dont understand. Your MOTHER will give you the best blowjob cos she is a prostitute and does this all day at Central London.

Your FATHER, that motherfucking impotant good for nothing guy is busy shoving his LAURA inside you faced up face, so that you can give him a proper blow job.

Your sister and daughter if you have one, both whores are facing dogs, cos they are ugly like hell, and cant afford a human LAURA. So, MR MOTHERFUCKER aka ugly bastard get the talk to outa here, cos am gona completely rape your entire family, and make more Biharis out of them.

Guess this is enough for this time...

Hey Pal, i ve more coming your way...

I ll be watching you Mr . Mother Fucker...

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Mon May 11, 2009 5:46 pm

coolsats wrote:Dear Maheshnair,

I though am not gona use slangs on you, felt like you are behaving yourself. If only you could have replied with proper words, you would have saved yourself one more humiliation.

But MOTHERFUCKERS like you dont understand. Your MOTHER will give you the best blowjob cos she is a prostitute and does this all day at Central London.

Your FATHER, that motherfucking impotant good for nothing guy is busy shoving his LAURA inside you faced up face, so that you can give him a proper blow job.

Your sister and daughter if you have one, both whores are facing dogs, cos they are ugly like hell, and cant afford a human LAURA. So, MR MOTHERFUCKER aka ugly bastard get the talk to outa here, cos am gona completely rape your entire family, and make more Biharis out of them.

Guess this is enough for this time...

Hey Pal, i ve more coming your way...

I ll be watching you Mr . Mother Fucker...

Definitely you keep watching ..I have a meeting now ..
watch for my message after 10 pm .....

(Moderator edit : You are being watched. Offensive postings on this board will not be tolerated.]

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue May 12, 2009 6:29 am

{Moderator edit : This post was totally unacceptable on this Board. Accordingly, having already been warned, this member has now been banned.]

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Tue May 12, 2009 11:44 am

Thank you moderator, well made decision.
Am glad, this forum is being watched for people like Maheshnair...

Hail Moderator

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 12, 2009 11:54 am

coolsats, a "thin ice" member, you are also being watched, and if there is any repeat of unacceptable postings, you will go the same way as maheshnair.

Personal abuse on this Board will not be tolerated.
John