ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for mother and sister - HSMP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpguy1234
Newly Registered

Visit visa for mother and sister - HSMP

Post by hsmpguy1234 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Hello Everybody,

I am currently on HSMP and came to the UK last year. I plan to apply for visit visa for my mother and sister next month.

I understand that I'll have provide a sponsorship letter with their application, to sponsor their travel and stay in the UK, along with supportign docs (bank statement/salary slip etc)

As per UKBA website, and this forum, for a visitor to get EC, he/she has to prove that he/she'll return to Pakistan after their visit. They may provide documents like Letter from Employer, or Letter from School metntioning of leave etc.

My mother is a house lady, and doesnt have any such situation. Same is true for my sis, she no more goes to study, completed a couple of years back, and doesnt work. So both of them cannot provide any such document to prove their intention to get back. They dont have any property in their name as yet. They do have some good savings (National Savings) in their names, and bank accounts with some cash, not much, in there.

I plan to buy return tickets for them in advance, to attach to their application, as a proof of strong travel plans. Will this do any help?

It might be note worthy that I finance my family's monthyl living expense, and they have access to my bank account in Pakistan. I send money on regular intervals. And they dont have any other source of income in Pakistan as such.

What other documents can I use to support their application? As, although genuine, but it doesnt seem to make a strong case.

I will really appreciate any help & I apologize if I am asking an already-asked question, as I searched through the forum and couldnt find anything related.

Regards,

hsmpguy1234
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpguy1234 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:50 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=39122

This seems similar but its not, as it only asks about Return ticket. I need advice on any other docs as well. Please.

Regards,

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Visit visa for mother and sister - HSMP

Post by Rozen » Tue May 12, 2009 4:51 pm

hsmpguy1234 wrote:Hello Everybody,

I am currently on HSMP and came to the UK last year. I plan to apply for visit visa for my mother and sister next month.

I understand that I'll have provide a sponsorship letter with their application, to sponsor their travel and stay in the UK, along with supportign docs (bank statement/salary slip etc)

As per UKBA website, and this forum, for a visitor to get EC, he/she has to prove that he/she'll return to Pakistan after their visit. They may provide documents like Letter from Employer, or Letter from School metntioning of leave etc.

My mother is a house lady, and doesnt have any such situation. Same is true for my sis, she no more goes to study, completed a couple of years back, and doesnt work. So both of them cannot provide any such document to prove their intention to get back. They dont have any property in their name as yet. They do have some good savings (National Savings) in their names, and bank accounts with some cash, not much, in there.

I plan to buy return tickets for them in advance, to attach to their application, as a proof of strong travel plans. Will this do any help?

It might be note worthy that I finance my family's monthyl living expense, and they have access to my bank account in Pakistan. I send money on regular intervals. And they dont have any other source of income in Pakistan as such.

What other documents can I use to support their application? As, although genuine, but it doesnt seem to make a strong case.

I will really appreciate any help & I apologize if I am asking an already-asked question, as I searched through the forum and couldnt find anything related.

Regards,
Maybe not such a good idea to buy the air tickets in advance? :idea:

hsmpguy1234
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpguy1234 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:59 pm

@Rozen

Thanks for writing.

You are right, but I couldnt think of anything else. And BTW UKBA website includes "Return Ticket/Strong travel plans" in the list of documents that can be used as a proof.

And this on the ground, that if somehow they didnt get visa, they'll have the tickets cancelled for some fee.

Can you plz advice of anything else?

Regards,

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 12, 2009 8:37 pm

Maybe not such a good idea to buy the air tickets in advance? Idea
Maybe some people have a lot of money to throw about.Its funny how many time this question has popped up this week Rozen :lol: :D :roll:

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue May 12, 2009 9:23 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Maybe not such a good idea to buy the air tickets in advance? Idea
Maybe some people have a lot of money to throw about.Its funny how many time this question has popped up this week Rozen :lol: :D :roll:
:lol: What's it say about a fool and his money?.... Sorry, I couldn't resist. Tot ziens! :)

hsmpguy1234
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpguy1234 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:02 pm

@Rozen & Khan

Its not about having a lot of money to throw, its about trying out any available options. As I do not have anything else to provide, going genuine. Otherwise, I may try to get fake letters stuff and I may succeed, but ... just dont feel like doing that.

And I thought posting here might be helpful ...

Regards,

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 13, 2009 12:36 pm

hsmpguy1234 wrote:@Rozen & Khan

Its not about having a lot of money to throw, its about trying out any available options. As I do not have anything else to provide, going genuine. Otherwise, I may try to get fake letters stuff and I may succeed, but ... just dont feel like doing that.

And I thought posting here might be helpful ...

Regards,
Fake letters will be rewarded with a 10 year ban.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 13, 2009 3:09 pm

I am sorry but there is no easy answer to your question, I suppose you can apply and write a letter explaining your mothers and sisters circumstances, ie that it is a custom and tradition in Pakistan that most women do not work and are mainly housewifes. Therefore thye can not provide evidence about any employment.

Furthermore most women do not have bank accounts or own any land, as this is normally in their husbands/sons name . It is up to the husband/ sons to provide for their wife's and mothers as well as any unmarried females in the family.

Traditionally men carry out much of the work involving such things as above in Pakistan, and that;s why most of the papers and documents are in the men's name.

I am sure the staff at the BHC are aware of the customs and tradition because they deal with many applications such as this.

However if you look at the Immigration Rules (No: 41) it is completely stacked against females wanting to come to the UK because you have to prove the above things.

Personally speaking( some might not agree with me) I think this rule is unfair against women applicants. There should be some leverage for women.

I mean how many women(mothers) in their late 50's are going to come to the UK from Pakistan, and are going to end up taking someones job, house etc. Very few if any at all. So why do they make it so hard for them.

I know a lot of woemn who have come to teh Uk on a visit and left within 4-6 weeks because of teh cold weather, or being cooked up in a small dingy terrace house for most of the day, with their own family, and maybe a visit by another member of family every couple of weeks.

In Pakistan they live in one family house, with friends and family coming in and out, and if they want to go somewhere they can go by themselves. All this is not possible in theh UK.

Most visitors from Pakistan come to this country because the local people speak highly of the UK, its people, lifestyles etc. Instead of hearing about it, they want to go and see it with their own eyes.

Obviously when they get here it is a completely different picture, and its no wonder why they want to escape back to their own country.

I think they should make it easier for people over 50, both men and women, but make it harder for those under this age, as they are most likely to abuse system.

Anyway getting back to OP problem,all I can suggest you do is that prove as much as you can as the sponsor that you can support , maintain and accomadate your mother and sister without recourse to public funds.

You need to show you have a permanat, job with a good salary, plenty of money in your bank account and a nice big house where they are going to stay. At least you can assure them that you can support them. As for theirs, show a family tree, any bank statements, pension etc your mum might be getting.

Tell them honestly and truthfully why you cant provide some of the docs, and then just hope and pray they will grant it( its highly unlikely as the ECO will look at his rules rather than using common sense)

I bet if you get refused and take it to appeal, you will definetely win as the judge does use his common sense and understands better than ECO that sometime it is indeed difficult to prove things and he takes people word that the visitor will actually go back.

Try it and see what happens, otherwise you are not going to find an answer to your question. Whatever you do, don't be tempted to provide fake docs. Certainly dont buy a ticket before you get visa

hsmpguy1234
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpguy1234 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:12 am

@Khan

Thanks for taking time for a detailed response.

Yes I will explain the circumstances in the covering letter, and hope for the best.

And yes on my end, I am trying to provide as many docs as possible, as a sponsor, including job letter, payslips, bank statement, tenancy agreement, council letter etc.

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,