ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension to Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashwin_srao
Newly Registered

Extension to Tier 1

Post by ashwin_srao » Sat May 09, 2009 9:19 am

Hello All,

Thanks a lot
Last edited by ashwin_srao on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Extension to Tier 1

Post by maheshnair » Sat May 09, 2009 10:33 am

ashwin_srao wrote:Hello All,
I sorry if this question has been repeated.
Now I have Tier 1 visa valid from Jan-09 suppose I do not get ILR next I will need to extend my Tier 1 visa, I am correct ?

In that can case what would be documents required, Will they be same as the documents I submitted while applying for Tier 1 visa ? Considering the new the new rules should I now provide Master Degree and also should I be employed for 12 months or greater in UK ?

In short what would be documents required if I need to extend my current Tier 1 visa if I do not obtain ILR.

Thanks a lot

You have VISA from JAN 09 only ...So you definitely need an extension before even thinking of ILR .. 3 years + 2 years(extension)

ILR takes 5 years ...

The rules you got to get TIER 1 initially will only be applied for extension as per HO today ...

They can change that funda anytime ...
But as of now the same rules you got tier1 is applied for extension aso ...
People who always win today and tommorow were the people who always lost yesterday ...

ashwin_srao
Newly Registered

Post by ashwin_srao » Tue May 12, 2009 4:24 pm

As I understand the rules for Extension of Tier 1 visa will be the same as the rules under which I intially applied for Tier 1 so I guess I will not require Master's Degree for extension, I am correct.

Thanks

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue May 12, 2009 4:30 pm

You are correct. Your extn will be on the rules in place pre April 2009 so no masters criteria for you...
ashwin_srao wrote:As I understand the rules for Extension of Tier 1 visa will be the same as the rules under which I intially applied for Tier 1 so I guess I will not require Master's Degree for extension, I am correct.

Thanks

curious123
Newly Registered

Post by curious123 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:46 am

nksg wrote:You are correct. Your extn will be on the rules in place pre April 2009 so no masters criteria for you...
ashwin_srao wrote:As I understand the rules for Extension of Tier 1 visa will be the same as the rules under which I intially applied for Tier 1 so I guess I will not require Master's Degree for extension, I am correct.

Thanks
Hi, I'm just wondering if there's some sort of a document from the HO that confirms the masters criteria doesn't affect those who got initial tier 1 approval pre april 2009?? I just want to be absolutely sure. Thanks in advance

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed May 13, 2009 10:59 am

curious123 wrote:
Hi, I'm just wondering if there's some sort of a document from the HO that confirms the masters criteria doesn't affect those who got initial tier 1 approval pre april 2009?? I just want to be absolutely sure. Thanks in advance
Its hidden in guidance note.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu May 14, 2009 12:52 am

curious123 wrote:
nksg wrote:You are correct. Your extn will be on the rules in place pre April 2009 so no masters criteria for you...

Thanks
check the guidelines its clearly stated there....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================