ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa Certificate of Board and Lodging ("Attest

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

greenMark
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa Certificate of Board and Lodging ("Attest

Post by greenMark » Wed May 13, 2009 10:48 am

Hi All,

I'm living in UK and expect to apply for schengen visa to go to France. My Uncle is French and he can provide the above document (Certificate of Board and Lodging ("Attestation d’Accueil") to prove that I'm going to stay at his home in France. But the problem is he is currently living in UK (for last 4-5 years) although he is going to France regularly. Can I still provide this document for my VISA purposes?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed May 13, 2009 11:44 am

Book yourself a hotel and submit your hotel reservation confirmation.That will save you a lot of paperwork.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:48 pm

archigabe wrote:Book yourself a hotel and submit your hotel reservation confirmation.That will save you a lot of paperwork.
Agree
Magsi

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu May 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Not sure how the French Embassy in London handles this, but the French Embassy in Dublin did not require this document. My husband simply had to write the address of the relative we were going to visit in France on the form. This was accepted by them despite the Website saying that the "Attestation d’Accueil" was required. Perhaps phone the London Embassy to confirm?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:15 pm

scrudu wrote:Perhaps phone the London Embassy to confirm?
All you get is an automated voice message telling you that the number is not for visa enquiries. The only option is via email; then you may receive a standard response (copied and pasted from the website). Still worth a try though.