ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa within 10 days

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

United1878
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa within 10 days

Post by United1878 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi, I'm an Indian student studying in the UK. I want to go to Italy in 2 weeks time (for the champions league final), I've booked my flight, hotels and a train ticket back via paris. But I haven't got my visa yet. I can't book an appointment with the Italian embassy. I never thought it would be so difficult to get a visa. Do you think if I went to the embassy without an appointment they'd let me apply? Is there any way for me to be able to get a Schengen visa within the next 10 days?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Schengen Visa within 10 days

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 12, 2009 3:00 pm

United1878 wrote:Hi, I'm an Indian student studying in the UK. I want to go to Italy in 2 weeks time (for the champions league final), I've booked my flight, hotels and a train ticket back via paris. But I haven't got my visa yet. I can't book an appointment with the Italian embassy. I never thought it would be so difficult to get a visa. Do you think if I went to the embassy without an appointment they'd let me apply? Is there any way for me to be able to get a Schengen visa within the next 10 days?

Thanks
No chance really, unless u try one of the less travelled EEA countries consulates, like Estonia or Slovenia or something.

If u live outside London u could try the French Consulate by post, tho 10 days is pushing it.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Tue May 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Wanderer wrote:No chance really, unless u try one of the less travelled EEA countries consulates, like Estonia or Slovenia or something.
You don't need an appointment to apply at the Polish Embassy, but they quote 15 working days to issue a visa!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 12, 2009 5:40 pm

djb123 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:No chance really, unless u try one of the less travelled EEA countries consulates, like Estonia or Slovenia or something.
You don't need an appointment to apply at the Polish Embassy, but they quote 15 working days to issue a visa!
Mine got a German issued one very quickly, was like 3 days after the appointment, but I think it was a 10 day wait for that..

Looks like the OP is a typical Rags fan, ie not from Manchester!

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Apply at French embassy you will get it quicker, however your main destination must be France ie you will need return tickets + hotel bookings etc
Magsi

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:52 pm

magsi23 wrote:Apply at French embassy you will get it quicker, however your main destination must be France ie you will need return tickets + hotel bookings etc
Their online appointment booking system has no slots available in May or June (though I think sometimes cancelled slots appear Thursday afternoons). Maybe it's possible to get an appointment if you phone up their £1/min telephone line...

bb21

Post by bb21 » Thu May 14, 2009 1:09 am

Dont think you need an appointment with the Finns. Last time i enquired over the phone, the lady said you just turn up and everyone will be seen. However they only issue single-entry visas so you need to go direct from Finland to your destination.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Give them a ring.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 14, 2009 2:03 am

bb21 wrote:Dont think you need an appointment with the Finns. Last time i enquired over the phone, the lady said you just turn up and everyone will be seen. However they only issue single-entry visas so you need to go direct from Finland to your destination.

Can u get from Finland to Italy without going thru Russia - I will consult map but can't be arsed at the moment.

Prawn Sandwich anyone?

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:48 am

Wanderer wrote:
bb21 wrote:Dont think you need an appointment with the Finns. Last time i enquired over the phone, the lady said you just turn up and everyone will be seen. However they only issue single-entry visas so you need to go direct from Finland to your destination.

Can u get from Finland to Italy without going thru Russia - I will consult map but can't be arsed at the moment.

Prawn Sandwich anyone?
Don't think so, but if you flew from Finland to Italy I didn't think you would have to go through immigration now. (equivalent of an internal flight)

As the Finnish embassy won't actually give you a visa unless you have return plane tickets it's irrelevant unless the OP is going to change his travel plans (believe he has eurostar tickets via Paris).

United1878
Newly Registered

Post by United1878 » Thu May 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks for the suggestions

I went to the visa company yesterday first thing in the morning which the Italians have outsourced their visa applications for. I didn't have an appointment but I explained my situation and I managed to get an appointment later that afternoon. So hopefully i should get the visa, just the small matter of a ticket now!

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:08 am

Hello United1878, Did you get the visa?
Best regards,
Mani

xjessie007
Newly Registered

Post by xjessie007 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:51 pm

In general they have 15 days to issue the visa (see here schengen visa), but if you were lucky to get appointment so quickly, you might be lucky and be able to talk them into a faster delivery. :) Let us know, or better, send us greeting when you get to Roma. :)