ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent tier 2 visa rejected under section 319(c)(g)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

menakahere
Newly Registered

Dependent tier 2 visa rejected under section 319(c)(g)

Post by menakahere » Fri May 08, 2009 5:43 am

Hello,
My husband was working in the US on H1B and his company transferred him to their UK branch on Tier 2 visa and the company asked him to apply for visa for his wife and son.
Since my husband didn't have any bank statements of UK banks, he was told to submit his US bank statements. We submitted the same, but the visa was rejected stating that "copies of bank statements have not been attested so cannot be considered as proof of funds". We had submitted the original statements but they are black and white, that is the format of the bank.
Currently we dont have anybody in the US to get attested statements bcoz the bank wants us to come to their branch personally if we want attested copies.
My question is, should we appeal ?
I can get a reference letter from the US bank that will have the details like when the account was opened, what is the average balance maintained and so on. But will it suffuce for my case? I have only 28 days to appeal...please help.

Regards
Menaka

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri May 08, 2009 5:10 pm

Ideally they need to be stamped and signed.

You could try apealing to the Bank to do this for you but I don't you will find much sympathy from the Home Office unfortunatley :(

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Why do you have to go to the Bank your self? can you not speak to the bank's branch manager or customer services manager to see if they can help?

You guys have lived in US and there is not a single person that can help?
Magsi