ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Not Issued - PEO Birmingham-Important Information

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fyounuspk
Newly Registered

ILR Not Issued - PEO Birmingham-Important Information

Post by fyounuspk » Wed May 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi All
Wanted to share my experience at PEO Birmingham and not getting an ILR. I entered UK on an HSMP visa and then was issued with an FLR twice due to the 4 to 5 years rule change by the Home Office. Got an appointment for PEO Birmingham and went there on Fri 8th May 2009. Took all the documents for myself and my family.
I was called in after 5 minutes in the waiting lounge by the Case Worker. The person was very helpful and he said that as of Friday 1st of May all PEO's have been directed to put all ILR cases for 4-5 years HSMP on hold and ask them to apply after the 20th of May policy change. He was very apologetic and also said that there is no way they can call us in advance and ask us not to come to the PEO as there are thousands of applications. I was asked to get another appointment for few weeks around end of May early June. He also said the the new policy will be a benefit/advantage for all of the people who were affected by the court hearing last year.

So if you are in the same boat as myself, it would be a good idea to save the day off and call the PEO helpline before you go for your appointment.

crazychris

Post by crazychris » Wed May 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Did you get a new appointment at PEO? We know that we can only got appointment after 42 weeks if call 08706067766. Can the PEO give you a new appointment earlier?

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Wed May 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Unfortunately though they are also holding ILRs for people who were not affected by any of the rulings: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=38844

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Wed May 13, 2009 2:42 pm

I too got an appointment on 15/may in birmingham for ILR with hsmp. I am planning to cancel the same.

crazychris - is it 42 weeks or 6 weeks. I believe we need to wait another 6 weeks to get new appointment.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat May 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Did you go for the appointment for ILR ? what is your experience ?
Please post it when you get a chance.

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Sat May 16, 2009 6:35 pm

I cancelled the appointment after confirming with HO in phone that ILR wont be issued in person due to this HSMP JR 5yr-->4yr change.

I have rebooked an appointment for 25-june. Need to wait for another 6 weeks.....

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat May 16, 2009 9:17 pm

I guess you were able to re-book on the same call you have cancelled you May 15th appointment. What is the normally best time frame to get through to the operator ? People tend to suggest between 8.59 to 9.04.
Have you tried any other times and got through successfully to get an appointment?

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Sun May 17, 2009 3:32 pm

I called at 8.59 AM to book the appointment.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Sun May 17, 2009 7:17 pm

satish.pand wrote:I called at 8.59 AM to book the appointment.
Hi Satish

What information they need at the time of booking appointment, please ?

Thanks.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Sun May 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi

Can you please explain exact who are affected? I have appointment in Birmingham in mid June for ILR.

I have been on WP for 4 years and Tier 1 for 1 year.

They did not tell me that I can't do it in person when I booked my appointment last week.

:roll:

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Mon May 18, 2009 4:33 pm

willnotbackHSMP - They asked some basic informations like name, dob, no of dependents, have you passed life in the uk test, immigration status over the past 5 yrs, category to apply etc.

rg1 - I was told that anyone who had HSMP over the past 5 yrs, even if you have completed 5 yrs in UK can't be granted ILR on the same day. The reason being they are expecting new rules on 20/May for HSMP JR 5yr --> 4yr change. Not all call centre agents are aware of this. If you specifically ask them and if the agent is kind enough, he will confirm this by checking with his colleagues. Thats what happened with me.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 pm

satish.pand wrote:willnotbackHSMP - They asked some basic informations like name, dob, no of dependents, have you passed life in the uk test, immigration status over the past 5 yrs, category to apply etc.
Thank you !