ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension from India ?? Is it posssible??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mantya

HSMP Extension from India ?? Is it posssible??

Post by Mantya » Wed May 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi Guys,

I need a small advice in a precarious situation I see myself in a months time.

As per the current adverse situation, my company is transferring me to it's India division as they can't bear the cost and due to the market scenario I'm unable to find a job at the moment, so I've to go back to India.

With the above situation ,can somebody tell me that If I can apply for a HSMP extension from India?

FYI - I'm working in UK for last 1.5 yrs.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed May 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Is your employer UK based and is deputing you to India?
Do you get your salary deposited in UK bank and you pay tax and NI in UK?

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Wed May 13, 2009 9:31 pm

@HSMP2008_January
Yes my present employer is UK based and I pay NI tax etc..but will no longer be the case once I'm being sent to India....

BTW what was the objective behind asking this question?Is there something brewing in ur mind??

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP Extension from India ?? Is it posssible??

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 13, 2009 9:59 pm

If you have 6-8 months left...you can apply for extension now.
Mantya wrote:Hi Guys,

As per the current adverse situation, my company is transferring me to it's India division as they can't bear the cost and due to the market scenario I'm unable to find a job at the moment, so I've to go back to India.

With the above situation ,can somebody tell me that If I can apply for a HSMP extension from India?

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Wed May 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks Chetan for this suggestion,infact I reviewed this option this morning itself and went thru lot of posts where people have applied for extension well in advance.
However I cannot pursue this option coz I only have 1 month in hand so I can't apply by post and I can only get an appointment early July......

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Thu May 14, 2009 8:45 am

Mantya wrote:@HSMP2008_January
Yes my present employer is UK based and I pay NI tax etc..but will no longer be the case once I'm being sent to India....

BTW what was the objective behind asking this question?Is there something brewing in ur mind??
The reason for asking these questions are, as you are applying for extension, by the name itself it implies that you have a job in UK and you want to extent your visa to continue in the job. If your employer is paying UK tax and NI and you were working in India, then you could apply for extension from India since you have been relocated because of the business needs.
If you completely relocate to India then I am afraid you can’t apply for extension form India

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Extension from India ?? Is it posssible??

Post by yasa » Thu May 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Mantya wrote:Hi Guys,

U cannot apply for HSMP extension from India.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Thu May 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Is it possible, if I take an appointment near to my extension apply date and come back to UK and apply for the extension???

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri May 15, 2009 7:43 am

Yes that is very much possible. Make sure you have all required docs ready to be submitted on short notice especially maintenance funds.
Mantya wrote:Is it possible, if I take an appointment near to my extension apply date and come back to UK and apply for the extension???

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Fri May 15, 2009 8:18 am

Thanks Chetan,

One final question,just exploring the possibilities, is it possible to send the application through post from India.I can arrange a friend's UK address where the Home office can send the application back.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Fri May 15, 2009 8:27 am

Mantya wrote:Thanks Chetan,

One final question,just exploring the possibilities, is it possible to send the application through post from India.I can arrange a friend's UK address where the Home office can send the application back.
Its always not a good idea to send your passport other other (UK) contry when you are in India.