ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding EEA visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nabo
Newly Registered

eea family permit,

Post by nabo » Tue May 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Dear friends out there,

I am not your enimy, please do reply to my above mentioned question, will be appreciated much.

nabo

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: eea family permit,

Post by Rozen » Tue May 12, 2009 9:40 pm

nabo wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks for all the response and correction, yes I was by passing my reading. I took my time now to read and understand them as much as I can.

I will go for EEA permit, and I will apply here in Holland,

my final queries is:- which I didn’t understand quiet well.

My wife is here in Holland with me. She is not in the UK yet. We are intending to travel together to UK as a student. The Invitation latter from the collage would mention that my wife will study part time means 3 to 6 months, and I will be studying more than a Year. Bases on this supporting document will I be eligible to get my eea family permit to enter UK or not.?

The forum says if the EEA national is lawfully living in the UK then the family member Non EEA person can get his/her eea FP. In my case my wife will be a student and she will travel with me. Being a 3 to 6 months student is that qualifies her as a qualified person.
< If you are an EEA national and you want to live in the UK for more than three months, you must be a 'qualified person'. A qualified person means an EEA national who is in the UK as:>
• a jobseeker
• a worker
• a self-employed person
• a self-sufficient person (someone who can support themselves financially) or
• a student.

Please do let me know, I am much thankful to you all for the support.

nabo
Nabo, for goodness sake! Exactly what sort of info are you looking for? I don't know how much clearer we can get. Perhaps this way.....?

1. You are married to an EU national

2. You are in Holland legally.

3. Your wife will exercise her treaty rights by studying in the UK. So she qualifies as a student.

4. The above points qualify you to apply for an EU Family Permit from the British Consulate in The Netherlands (or wherever you are).

5. This application is simple and free, and will be processed within the shortest possible time.

So what is the problem? Unless there's something else you're not telling us. Are you a threat to public security or something? :roll:

nabo
Newly Registered

eea family permit,

Post by nabo » Wed May 13, 2009 5:31 pm

I am sorry for the inconvenient in my approach.

Well I feel it is better to be fool once by asking question then staying foolish rest of my life not knowing, so it is better that I find out things really well before I proceed.

I am well prepared now, just waiting for our student invitation to come then I will apply for my FP. Thanks for all your assistant,

With Regards,

Nabo

P:s- No I am not threat to public security,

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed May 13, 2009 5:59 pm

nabo wrote:I am sorry for the inconvenient in my approach.

Well I feel it is better to be fool once by asking question then staying foolish rest of my life not knowing, so it is better that I find out things really well before I proceed.

I am well prepared now, just waiting for our student invitation to come then I will apply for my FP. Thanks for all your assistant,

With Regards,

Nabo

P:s- No I am not threat to public security,
It's no inconvenience Nabo. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. It's just that I felt we were going round in circles. I'm glad you now understand and feel prepared to proceed. Best of luck, and do let us know how you get along. :)

nabo
Newly Registered

eea family permit,

Post by nabo » Wed May 13, 2009 10:34 pm

hello there,

back with an another question, my passort is valid for 4 years from now.
After entering UK with EU FP. I would be allowed to stay with the EU permit for 6 month, will i be allowed to go to Indian consulate in belfast and get a new passprt valid for 5 years, and apply for my 5 years resident card on a new passport in UK?

thanks again.
nabo

nabo
Newly Registered

eea family permit.

Post by nabo » Sat May 16, 2009 9:12 pm

No reply to my above question, can some one please ket me know, appreciate you for that much.

thanks in advance,

nabo

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Sun May 17, 2009 8:34 pm

nabo wrote:back with an another question, my passort is valid for 4 years from now.
After entering UK with EU FP. I would be allowed to stay with the EU permit for 6 month, will i be allowed to go to Indian consulate in belfast and get a new passprt valid for 5 years, and apply for my 5 years resident card on a new passport in UK?
You can, but there is no need to do so. The Residence Card is valid even if it is in an expired passport. And by that time, you will be looking at applying for PR anyway (the next step).