ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For people who are looking for IT jobs in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KV

For people who are looking for IT jobs in the UK

Post by KV » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:42 am

Hi All,

I have been in the UK for last 4-5 months. The job search was ofcourse difficult. I realized that it requires great patience, belief in oneself and ofcourse necessary skill sets to survive in the market.

Having gone through the initial struggle of finding a job (to get an interview itself is a big deal in the initial 2 months phase), I thought of extending some help to those who might be struggling / trying to grapple around in the job market. As I am in IT, I have established some contacts in the industry and might be able to help those who have a very good experience as a Business Analyst (UML, Gap Analysis and all that). If you are a BA (with preferably financial services exp), and looking for a job here, write to me and I should be able to get you in touch with some people, who are most definitely looking for such skill sets at this moment and they are quite ok with recruiting guys on HSMP.

Regards,

KV
Last edited by KV on Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:48 pm

Thanks KV
for showing support and assistance. that is what this forum is all about
and for all other guys in uk already that have established contacts..
kindly extend your help to those on this forum that are finding it difficult to get on their feet.
it will definitely be appreciated.
My bow has been renewed

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:56 pm

Hi,
try www.contractoruk.com they have a job search engine connected to 4 job websites, you can get an idea of what they want and what they pay.
In the Uk the market for IT works based on agencies (good jobs) so it is useful to learn and understand how they work. On HSMP you can be a contractor (self employed or part of umbrella - saves taxes..a lot) or a normal employee.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)