ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GOT REFUSAL TODAY !!!!!! HELP ME FOR REVIEW

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SpiderKing

Post by SpiderKing » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:34 am

olisun wrote:I don't agree with your SpiderKing fully

if you lie in your CV, then it gets forwarded to the client and IF YOU FAIL your interview due to whatever reasons the agency will NEVER bother to contact you again..

Yes, Exactly!!! that is why you don't get a job.

Regards,
SK

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:37 am

maybe I was not clear enough

"Recruiters at the agencies mostly go by what's written on the CV and do no have any Technical knowledge and also about the person capabilities and what he/she can do.. " <== these candidates never get shortlisted and hence they have to lie
Last edited by olisun on Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie B

Post by Marie B » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:52 am

This post clarifies exactly what Olisun and I have been saying:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=5015

SpiderKing

Post by SpiderKing » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:14 pm

Marie B,

Be firm on your points. Why I disagree with you that you claimed - there are no Jobs in the UK which is not true.

There might be chances where people could not land a job. This is purely varies person to person, depending upon capabilities, skills and other factors.

Hope this ends this discussion.

Regards
SK

Marie B

Post by Marie B » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:33 pm

SpiderKing wrote: Why I disagree with you that you claimed - there are no Jobs in the UK which is not true.
At no point did I ever claim 'there are no jobs in the UK', not only is that statement complete rubbish but is a massive sweeping generalisation. Where in any of my previous posts did I state this, perhaps you can quote me?
There might be chances where people could not land a job. This is purely varies person to person, depending upon capabilities, skills and other factors.
Exactly my point. If you had read any of my posts in full you would have realised I was saying it is difficult to find work here, not impossible. And I was suggesting people prepare themselves for this, it is even more demoralising trying to land a job when everyone around you is saying how easy a task it is.

Hope this ends the discussion.

SpiderKing

Post by SpiderKing » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:40 pm

Marie B wrote:
I was saying it is difficult to find work here, not impossible. And I was suggesting people prepare themselves for this, it is even more demoralising trying to land a job when everyone around you is saying how easy a task it is.
AND what if I say it is easy to find a job here!!!

Regards
SK

SpiderKing

Post by SpiderKing » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:43 pm

Marie B wrote: I have to agree with dokwal.
What You meant by the above statement? (This was in your first post of this thread)
Marie B wrote:
I was saying it is difficult to find work here.
What you intended to say by the above statement.

Pls do not demoralise good people here.

Regards
SK

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:57 pm

please spiderking
give it a rest.
we always have biased opinions based on our personal experiences
but please if you have pointers than can help people with getting jobs
kindly share them
I personally will appreciate it.

Marie?
what is your discipline??
My bow has been renewed

Marie B

Post by Marie B » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:12 pm

AND what if I say it is easy to find a job here!!!
You can say it as much as you like but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a true and balanced representation of what everyone else will experience. It is your opinion, and you are entitled to it.

Marie B wrote:

I was saying it is difficult to find work here.

What you intended to say by the above statement
I was intending to say exactly what I did say - I think it is difficult to find a job here. Difficult does not mean the same as impossible. I'm not trying to demoralise anyone, it is better to be prepared. As I said, it can be more demoralising to find something difficult when you expected it to be easy than the other way round. Better be prepared to work hard and find an easy solution.

You obviously found it easy to get a job, congratulations, it was an easy process for you. If, however, you loose your job or wish to change jobs you may not find it so easy in the future. That's life. Everyone will have a different experience, just best to be prepared for all eventualities, good and bad.

I agree with Yodiyokun, please give it a rest, I was not attacking you or your opinions, just expressing my own on the same subject. My own discipline is the film/media/design industry which is always difficult to find work in. My opinions are based more on my family and friend's experiences of finding work in this country since leaving University in 1997.

kumi

Please stop !!!

Post by kumi » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:12 pm

Let me get into the moderator's shoes now..,
:wink:

The topic of this thread is so much different from what we are discussing now and its really unpleasant to see all these mud slingings.
Given that I dont have the powers to lock this thread, all I can do is request you guys to stop it all.

SpiderKing

Post by SpiderKing » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:41 pm

Marie B wrote:

I was intending to say exactly what I did say - I think it is difficult to find a job here. Difficult does not mean the same as impossible. I'm not trying to demoralise anyone, it is better to be prepared. As I said, it can be more demoralising to find something difficult when you expected it to be easy than the other way round. Better be prepared to work hard and find an easy solution.

You obviously found it easy to get a job, congratulations, it was an easy process for you. If, however, you loose your job or wish to change jobs you may not find it so easy in the future. That's life. Everyone will have a different experience, just best to be prepared for all eventualities, good and bad.

I agree with Yodiyokun, please give it a rest, I was not attacking you or your opinions, just expressing my own on the same subject. My own discipline is the film/media/design industry which is always difficult to find work in. My opinions are based more on my family and friend's experiences of finding work in this country since leaving University in 1997.
Pls don't change your words. You said its difficult to find a job which may misguide new aspirant.

When you are writing in a public forum pls do not give wrong picture. The fact is Jobs in UK (specially in IT) is very good as compared with the past two years.

Regards
SK

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:16 pm

I agree with Kumi.

Honestly I was expecting to read more about the Topic but this seems to be going off track.

Marie B and SpiderKing both of you may be right on your own situation and field. If you really want to discuss more about the JOBS then maybe you would be better using the PM messaging facility of the board rather making it public.

Hope you would understand the members concern.

Chris

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:10 pm

Hi,

I think ppl are missing the point here... Moving to a another country can't be all about jobs... It is a lot more than that. You have to weight all the factors. Jobs, Quality of Life, Safety, Economy... Maybe for some professionals in different areas take a little more time to find a job, but isnt it worth it? Otherwise, why would you leave your country in the first place?

SpiderKing

Post by SpiderKing » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:14 pm

You are right lbfrancois!!!

:lol:
lbfrancois wrote:Hi,

I think ppl are missing the point here... Moving to a another country can't be all about jobs... It is a lot more than that. You have to weight all the factors. Jobs, Quality of Life, Safety, Economy... Maybe for some professionals in different areas take a little more time to find a job, but isnt it worth it? Otherwise, why would you leave your country in the first place?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:09 pm

that's what Marie B was trying to explain maybe Spiderking you didn't understand it fully...

anyways

SpiderKing

Post by SpiderKing » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:13 pm

Well, I want to stop here. There are hell lot of important things to do.
There can be other posibilities as well...think otherway round!!!

Go find a job first!!!

Regards
SK
olisun wrote:that's what Marie B was trying to explain maybe Spiderking you didn't understand it fully...

anyways

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:01 pm

lb is right, we have all applied to HSMP for different reasons, and it is hoped that everyone who has applied has thoroughly thought through the pros and cons of a move to the UK- which is encouraged in both the application documents and the application procedure itself. One should always have a backup plan, and always be understanding that there is no such thing as a "golden economy" where jobs are plentiful and everyone who asks gets a job immediately, regardless of original nationality, skin color, accent, or immigration status. Hard work and perseverance will usually get you where you need to go, with a bit of luck, no matter where you are. Hell, ive been applying to jobs in the US for almost 6 months with no luck- no one wants to pay to relocate someone from the West Coast to the Midwest or the East Coast. If i looked a lot harder I could find something, but inevitably it would come down to moving to an area and applying for jobs from there. Im still in the same situation, just in a different area- much like a move to the UK. Reach out, make contacts, talk to people outside your field, join groups and dont just rely on recruitment agencies to do all the work for you.

Also, London is by no means the UK- its simply considered the most glamorous part. London living is hard living- have any of you tried applying in other parts of the country? Newcastle is up and coming with a strong arts scene, and Liverpool is undergoing redevelopment on its waterfront. The East Midlands are a gorgeous part of the country, as is the South West from Bristol on down. Dont just look at the wages- housing and other costs are also significantly cheaper than London, and most of the time the regions outside of London complain of a brain drain to the South East. Open up and be willing to consider areas outside of London- you just might be surprised.

indian0105
Newly Registered

Dear pls come on my post

Post by indian0105 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:03 pm

Dear all ...

lets came on my point ... the post belongs to me, help me and others those who got refusal from HSMP and guide us for review .

Today , HSMP done Tragedy with me........ :?

My employer told me that you are seeking for job elsewhere than our org. i replied why you asking such type of question . He replied me that today he received a call . calling party inquired about you , your designation, your salary structurer , your work responsibility, your qualification etc.

I am quite surprised .. HSMP is my first target and my future depent on that only. because of HSMP i didnt apply for new jobs !! so what was that ??

i got refusal letter from HSMP on **/Aug/2005. after refusal they are inquired about my docs ??? what is heppannig in HSMP .

I hope that , There is some mistake done by HSMP team ,they send refusal letter before verification of documents done by deplomatic post of my country. Now they are verifying after refusal :lol:

reason in my refusal letter : " Based on information received from the British diplomatic posts in India, We are not satisfied that the evidence provided with the application is accurate "

we have call log , name of calling party etc but i am not disclose it on board, its sure this call belongs to HSMP verification only....

So please guide ........ what should i write in my review ???? :shock:

rohit11
Newly Registered

Post by rohit11 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:13 pm

I have a feeling here that you are misguiding all people here. I can't believe that you had given your correct birth certificate and you were not given 5 points also.

Guys, be aware. Have you come across any such case when no points were given to the applicant?

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:54 pm

rohit11 wrote:I have a feeling here that you are misguiding all people here. I can't believe that you had given your correct birth certificate and you were not given 5 points also.

Guys, be aware. Have you come across any such case when no points were given to the applicant?
yes i have come across 0 points twice..but hey were over 28 anyways
My bow has been renewed

indian0105
Newly Registered

Post by indian0105 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:13 am

Dear rohit11

rohit .. Birth Certificate is provided by Health Ministry ...Govt it self ..

How it Wrong ?????? :oops: