ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Month Tourist Visa Rules ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barcaman
Newly Registered

6 Month Tourist Visa Rules ???

Post by barcaman » Thu May 14, 2009 11:17 am

My friend is coming to the UK on a Tourist Visa, She has be given a six month visa, but her flights and accommodation are for 2 weeks.

If I asked her to stay longer than the 2 weeks and stay with me, but return before the 6 month visa expires, would she be breaking any rules, and would this affect her chances of getting another visa in the future ?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am

I don't think it will.

The visa is valid for 6 months and assuming that she enters and leaves the country within that time frame and adheres to all the other conditions of the visa, there shouldn't be a problem. People can and do change their travel arrangements from time to time after all.

It shouldn't affect her chances of getting another visa in the future, though (and please do correct me if I'm wrong), I do not believe that they can stay in the UK for longer than 6 months in any given 12 month period?

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:49 am

hi, i think that should be fine.
But you got the wrong forum to ask this question mate!
:-)

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I have seen a case of where the ECO did bring up the subject of why previously they had stayed much longer in the UK than they said when they applied for the previous visa. (The visa was refused, though not necessarily just for this reason).

I guess you need to have good reasons as extending a trip from 2 weeks to 6 months might seem slightly odd. Especially as it might seem like the intention was always to stay for 6 months but because of lack of available funds to finance the trip it was easy to state the trip was only going to be for two weeks when applying for the visa.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Thu May 14, 2009 2:05 pm

trust me if she stays for a 4 to 6 months stretch when her visa application was for a 2 week holiday there WILL be issues...i've been there before! and this was way back in 1999/2000 when immigrations was not as much an issue as it is today.