ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M), absence from the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peter07
Newly Registered

SET(M), absence from the UK

Post by peter07 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Can you help as I am planning to apply for SET(M) next month!!

I have an unmarried partner visa. However, I have some absence out of the uk.

I went twice to visit my family (about 30 days in total), but my partner couldn't go with me, because of her job. But we kept in contact via email during those periods.

I left the country again for 5 1/2 months and that whose due to family illness. and again we kept in contact visa email and phone, and I have proff of member of my family illness.

Weintend to live together for the rest of our lives, as we have joint accounts together and I pay for some of the bills from my account.

My aquestion: Is my case straight forward, and do I have chance of applying for ILR??

Your help is much appretiated!!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 15, 2009 1:59 am

Section 9 - Unmarried and same sex relationships wrote:5.2. Further guidance

There is no specific requirement in the Immigration Rules that the entire probationary period must be spent in the United Kingdom. For example, where an applicant has spent a limited period outside the United Kingdom in connection with his employment, this should not count against him. However, if he has spent the majority of the period overseas, there may be reason to doubt that all the requirements of the Rules have been met. Each case must be judged on its merits, taking into account reasons for travel, length of absences and whether the applicant and sponsor travelled and lived together during the time spent outside the United Kingdom. These factors will need to be considered against the requirements of the Rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.