ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Twice for same PSW (sending a 2nd PSW)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mistytom

Applying Twice for same PSW (sending a 2nd PSW)

Post by mistytom » Tue May 12, 2009 5:39 pm

I have applied for the PSW; but now the problem is this – issue with my Bank Statement as I do not have the £800 for the 3 month. My application is with the Home Office still awaiting consideration.
will this application be considered?
Can I send another application (PSW - Transition); despite the fact that my passport is still with the Home office? now that I can boast of 5months fund of £1,000

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:33 pm

hmm, i would think NO.

Its not wise and recommended idea to drink water on the same time in 2 glasses.

Let them decide, then either apply for reconsideration or fresh application.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

mistytom

Post by mistytom » Tue May 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Thank you for that. but considering the fact the current leave to remain may expire whilst the passport is at the home office. can another application be made even after a refusal?
please need advise

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Don't worry. As long as your application is pending in HO, you will remain legal even if you visa has expired.

mistytom

Post by mistytom » Wed May 13, 2009 4:00 am

Please more advise is needed now. I am now confused. if you can see the post “IGS to PSW got rejection(no right of appeal and visa expiredâ€

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:55 am

Ok here is my understanding....

I persume your visa has already expired but your application is pending in HO. If yes, then you are legal.

To make any application you MUST have valid leave to remain. Since your LTR has expired you can't lodge fresh application.

I would suggest waiting for the existing one. If God forbids, its rejected, then make an appeal BECAUSE they give you option with in certain time period.

mistytom

Post by mistytom » Wed May 13, 2009 10:51 am

no it is not yet expired. but it will have expired by the time a decision will be made

mistytom

Post by mistytom » Wed May 13, 2009 11:44 am

no it is not yet expired.
but it will expire by the time a decision will be made on the current application (in less than a week).
so what do you think?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu May 14, 2009 12:35 am

mistytom wrote:no it is not yet expired.
but it will expire by the time a decision will be made on the current application (in less than a week).
so what do you think?
First of all by law u cant send another application for PSW.
Secondly u will get the right of appeal if ur visa expires before the decision otherwise u can apply for reconsideration through lawyer.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

naddy
Newly Registered

Post by naddy » Thu May 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanks for that Yasa.
I am equally in the same predicament. I applied for PSW on the 10th of March My visa was due to expire on the 12th of May (2days ago). Home office held on to my passport only to return it yesterday; rejecting the application ( though giving room for appeal) but prior to that I had sent out another application on the same day the 12th of May (the day of expiry of Visa)
now I have my passport back but I have sent in another application without the passport. have I acted correctly?
I think they must have sent back my passport and documents before they received the New Application. am in right?
Please Yasa what do you think?

naddy
Newly Registered

Post by naddy » Thu May 14, 2009 2:28 pm

please note
the fee has been paid

shawpan

Post by shawpan » Thu May 14, 2009 2:39 pm

same thing happened to one of my friends, he canceled his application as he had 2 weeks of time and he didnot make a new PSW application again as he didnot have 800gbp in his a/c in last 3 months, so he applied for Student visa. He got student visa for 6 months and now he is applying for PSW as far as I know. I dont know if you should do the same thing but I just wanted to let you know this.Cheers

naddy
Newly Registered

Post by naddy » Thu May 14, 2009 2:57 pm

oh thanks for that.
I had already re-applied - but without my passport as they have recently returned it.
this time the maintenance fund is ok, (more than £1000 everyday for 3 months).

The thing is :
1. I sent the application same day the earlier application was rejected - 12th May
2. I sent the application same day the valid IGS Visa was to expire - 12th May
3. I got my passport back the following day - 13th May
4. I am yet to send my passport as I am waiting for the request for it

Home office have not sent a confirmation letter but they have taken the application fee.

naddy
Newly Registered

Post by naddy » Thu May 14, 2009 2:58 pm

oh thanks for that.
I had already re-applied - but without my passport as they have recently returned it.
this time the maintenance fund is ok, (more than £1000 everyday for 3 months).

The thing is :
1. I sent the application same day the earlier application was rejected - 12th May
2. I sent the application same day the valid IGS Visa was to expire - 12th May
3. I got my passport back the following day - 13th May
4. I am yet to send my passport as I am waiting for the request for it

Home office have not sent a confirmation letter but they have taken the application fee.

koolbone

Re: Applying Twice for same PSW (sending a 2nd PSW)

Post by koolbone » Thu May 14, 2009 3:11 pm

mistytom wrote:I have applied for the PSW; but now the problem is this – issue with my Bank Statement as I do not have the £800 for the 3 month. My application is with the Home Office still awaiting consideration.
will this application be considered?
Can I send another application (PSW - Transition); despite the fact that my passport is still with the Home office? now that I can boast of 5months fund of £1,000

Since you still have existing leave, why don't you withdraw the first PSW application and then reapply? Your first application is bound to get refused. Just my suggestion

naddy
Newly Registered

Post by naddy » Thu May 14, 2009 3:19 pm

true

shawpan

Post by shawpan » Fri May 15, 2009 4:09 am

if they rejected ur old application because of not maintaining the required funds, then it wont be a big problem except this - it will take ages to get processed as they will do some checking I guess, I read that somewhere in this forum

mistytom

Post by mistytom » Fri May 15, 2009 12:43 pm

shawpan please how do you mean? I do not understand[/quote]

mistytom

Post by mistytom » Fri May 15, 2009 12:46 pm

shawpan wrote:if they rejected ur old application because of not maintaining the required funds, then it wont be a big problem except this - it will take ages to get processed as they will do some checking I guess, I read that somewhere in this forum
please how do you mean?
I don't understand

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun May 17, 2009 3:51 pm

naddy wrote:Thanks for that Yasa.
I am equally in the same predicament. I applied for PSW on the 10th of March My visa was due to expire on the 12th of May (2days ago). Home office held on to my passport only to return it yesterday; rejecting the application ( though giving room for appeal) but prior to that I had sent out another application on the same day the 12th of May (the day of expiry of Visa)
now I have my passport back but I have sent in another application without the passport. have I acted correctly?
I think they must have sent back my passport and documents before they received the New Application. am in right?
Never be in a haste to do things without thinking them out or if possible speaking to an immigration lawyer. You took a wrong decision by sending in a fresh application for the same visa category whilst you had one pending, they will definitely take the money but i doubt they will return a decision to favour you. If you have been given right of appeal, make sure you send in your appeal within the 10 working days time frame and hope for the best. Patience is one thing you would need so much in this process and making decisions that are not well thought out could be costly for you. All the best.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

naddy
Newly Registered

Post by naddy » Sun May 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Diokpa wrote:
naddy wrote:Thanks for that Yasa.
Never be in a haste to do things without thinking them out or if possible speaking to an immigration lawyer. You took a wrong decision by sending in a fresh application for the same visa category whilst you had one pending, they will definitely take the money but i doubt they will return a decision to favour you. If you have been given right of appeal, make sure you send in your appeal within the 10 working days time frame and hope for the best. Patience is one thing you would need so much in this process and making decisions that are not well thought out could be costly for you. All the best.

ok; thanks for that - but the first is no longer pending when the second was sent. it has already been rejected (the first one) when sent

shawpan

Post by shawpan » Fri May 22, 2009 9:45 pm

sorry for my late reply. one of my friends got rejected twice for PSW. She then applied for student visa extension, she got 6 months as her current visa was going to finish and she did not have 800 Gbp last 3 months. As now she has 800 pounds in her a/c so after 3-5 months, she can apply for PSW, and her lawyer said it wont be a problem.

I read an article on PSW visa where a guy from HOme office said that the applicants which got rejected before because of not maintaining funds, should not worry too much as it wont effect the next application they make.

hypermac
Newly Registered

Post by hypermac » Tue May 26, 2009 10:55 am

shawpan wrote:same thing happened to one of my friends, he canceled his application as he had 2 weeks of time and he didnot make a new PSW application again as he didnot have 800gbp in his a/c in last 3 months, so he applied for Student visa. He got student visa for 6 months and now he is applying for PSW as far as I know. I dont know if you should do the same thing but I just wanted to let you know this.Cheers
Did this work for your friend? I'm kind of in a situation where I wouldn't have had GPB800 in my account for 3 months as of when I will be applying for transition from IGS to PSW. I was considering applying for a student visa as I'll be starting a full time course and then in the middle of it, apply for PSW.

shawpan

Post by shawpan » Tue May 26, 2009 10:22 pm

She got student visa for 6 months, now she will apply for PSW as she had 800gbp last 3 months. Cheers