ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Query: Dependant's Maintenance Fund!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bonvivz

Urgent Query: Dependant's Maintenance Fund!

Post by bonvivz » Thu May 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi All,

I am due to apply for Tier 1/HSMP extension in the month of June 1st week and my visa expires on june last week(in country), my wife was with me on dependant visa until recently we have to visit india for emergency visit, my son was born in UK in november 2008 and has no visa(thought of applying visa for him during extension) and now hes in india. In order to apply for their dependant visa from india, I have the following questions:

Im sorry if this question sounds dumb, but your thoughts will really count.

1. Maintenance Funds:

Wife : is it £533(she was in country for more than 12 months) or £1600 for last 3 months while applying EC for her.

Can you please confirm????

Son(born here 5months ago): is it £1600 for last 3 months for him or £800

Can you please confirm my above queries???

2. Rest of the documents as mentioned in the above post(bank statements/pay slipts/etc)

Also they will be applying after my extension, does the bank statement should show the maintenanace funds for me(i.e. £800) when my dependants apply for the visa?

your thoughts will really help me.

Regards

bon

push
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Query: Dependant's Maintenance Fund!

Post by push » Thu May 14, 2009 11:01 pm

bonvivz wrote:Hi All,

I am due to apply for Tier 1/HSMP extension in the month of June 1st week and my visa expires on june last week(in country), my wife was with me on dependant visa until recently we have to visit india for emergency visit, my son was born in UK in november 2008 and has no visa(thought of applying visa for him during extension) and now hes in india. In order to apply for their dependant visa from india, I have the following questions:

1. Maintenance Funds:

Wife : is it £533(she was in country for more than 12 months) or £1600 for last 3 months while applying EC for her.

2. Rest of the documents as mentioned in the above post(bank statements/pay slipts/etc)

Also they will be applying after my extension, does the bank statement should show the maintenanace funds for me(i.e. £800) when my dependants apply for the visa?

Regards

bon
Its GBP 533 for each dependent as you have been in UK for more than 12 months. It is duration of stay of main applicant in UK which is looked at while figuring out the maintenance fund requirement. It does not matter how long your dependents have been in UK. The spirit of the rule is, you should have adequate funds for yourself as well as your dependents (and funds utilised as an evidence for the main applicant should not be used again for the dependents).
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

bonvivz

Re: Urgent Query: Dependant's Maintenance Fund!

Post by bonvivz » Thu May 14, 2009 11:12 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
bonvivz wrote:Hi All,

1. Maintenance Funds:

Regards

bon
Its GBP 533 for each dependent as you have been in UK for more than 12 months. It is duration of stay of main applicant in UK which is looked at while figuring out the maintenance fund requirement. It does not matter how long your dependents have been in UK. The spirit of the rule is, you should have adequate funds for yourself as well as your dependents (and funds utilised as an evidence for the main applicant should not be used again for the dependents).
Thanks mate..