ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Security Clearance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

*FC*
Member of Standing

Regarding Security Clearance

Post by *FC* » Thu May 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Dear users,

I have a query regarding Security Clearance.

I am an Indian citizen currently on Tier I working in the UK. My company recently proposed getting all employees Security cleared due to a decision made by the MoD.

I would like to know if anyone here on the boards who are non-British citizens have got Security Clearance. I am sure getting Security cleared would be a great benefit while applying for certain jobs, but I am equally skeptical of the MoD and how professionally they look at applications.

Or to put it precisely, is it similar to the Home Office which deals with matters not so professionally at times and doesn't Security clear an individual who isn't British? :)

Inputs please .. ! :)

FC

netacct

Post by netacct » Thu May 14, 2009 10:57 pm

I am Indian and got SC and so are there others. For British citizens, it takes less time and for others bit longer from 6 weeks to few months. No specific time frame. Nationality does not guarantee acceptance/rejection but only time frame.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Fri May 15, 2009 8:59 am

netacct wrote:I am Indian and got SC and so are there others. For British citizens, it takes less time and for others bit longer from 6 weeks to few months. No specific time frame. Nationality does not guarantee acceptance/rejection but only time frame.
Sure, thanks very much for the reply netacct. :)

FC

sichumon
Newly Registered

Post by sichumon » Fri May 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi Netact

I am an Indian citizen and would like to get the security clearence. Was your Security clearence a DV one ? Can you kindly point towards any link which I can refer ?

Regards
Sichu

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 15, 2009 12:47 pm

sichumon wrote:Hi Netact

I am an Indian citizen and would like to get the security clearence. Was your Security clearence a DV one ? Can you kindly point towards any link which I can refer ?

Regards
Sichu
Only an employer on the MoD X-List can do it as far as I know. And I don't think you can get DV as a non-Brit, when I had mine they sent people to question my friends, allsorts. I doubt they would be willing to go to India and quiz ur mates!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....