ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£800 In Savings But Current Account Went Overdrawn

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Edo

£800 In Savings But Current Account Went Overdrawn

Post by Edo » Thu May 14, 2009 12:39 am

I have been maintaining funds of £800 in a Savings Account but in the past three months my Current Account (where I get my salary paid into) went overdrawn a few times. So, even though I have maintained £800 in one account but somehow if the caseworker points his/her attention to the overdrawn amount in the current account then could I be in trouble?

I have no choice but to produce statements for both of the accounts as one proves the availability of maintainance funds and the other is to show evidance of salaray paid to me (in addition to the monthly payslips).

Do you think this is a potential base for refusal?

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: £800 In Savings But Current Account Went Overdrawn

Post by yasa » Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 am

Edo wrote:I have been maintaining funds of £800 in a Savings Account but in the past three months my Current Account (where I get my salary paid into) went overdrawn a few times. So, even though I have maintained £800 in one account but somehow if the caseworker points his/her attention to the overdrawn amount in the current account then could I be in trouble?

I have no choice but to produce statements for both of the accounts as one proves the availability of maintainance funds and the other is to show evidance of salaray paid to me (in addition to the monthly payslips).

Your case if fine. Describe your statements properly in cover letter.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:42 am

hi, as long as you are using two seperate acoounts for "previous earnings" and "maintainance funds" you are ok.
The account you show as "maintainance funds" should have more than 800GBP , the balance in other account doesnot matter.
:-)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: £800 In Savings But Current Account Went Overdrawn

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 14, 2009 8:44 am

You should be fine.Check this thread..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=39120
Edo wrote:I have been maintaining funds of £800 in a Savings Account but in the past three months my Current Account (where I get my salary paid into) went overdrawn a few times. So, even though I have maintained £800 in one account but somehow if the caseworker points his/her attention to the overdrawn amount in the current account then could I be in trouble?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:49 am

Indeed.

Two searate accounts is more than OK, and it is only the account being used as evidence for maintenance funds that needs to be consistently over £800. The balance in the other account is immaterial and is only being checked to see that your salary is going in like clockwork.

As I've said before, I was in a similar situation and my application was approved.

Edo

Post by Edo » Thu May 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Thank you all for your replies.

The thing is that I do have some money held in an FSA regulated institution but the problem is that UKBA rules say that they dont take into account the money held with 'that' institution. So, I can only take my Savings Account statement to prove maintainance + Current Account statement to prove income (which keeps going overdrawn all the time). Thanks for all your answers. And I think I will take the risk as everyone has suggested here. Oh by the way, I'm going to get it done through a same day service.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu May 14, 2009 11:17 pm

You should better give ur employer at start your saving account details for wages transfer

Edo

Post by Edo » Fri May 15, 2009 12:19 am

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:You should better give ur employer at start your saving account details for wages transfer
Are you serious? We are talking about the past 12 months salary transactions here!!

dellfan

Post by dellfan » Fri May 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Edo wrote:Thank you all for your replies.

The thing is that I do have some money held in an FSA regulated institution but the problem is that UKBA rules say that they dont take into account the money held with 'that' institution. So, I can only take my Savings Account statement to prove maintainance + Current Account statement to prove income (which keeps going overdrawn all the time). Thanks for all your answers. And I think I will take the risk as everyone has suggested here. Oh by the way, I'm going to get it done through a same day service.
Hi Edo,
How can UKBA say that they dont take into account the money held with the institution held in a FSA regulated body. Could please let us know where did you get the rule from .

Regards

Edo

Post by Edo » Fri May 15, 2009 5:35 pm

dellfan wrote:
Hi Edo,
How can UKBA say that they dont take into account the money held with the institution held in a FSA regulated body. Could please let us know where did you get the rule from .

Regards
They dont accept investments made in National Savings & Investments (with an exception of NS&I ISAs)

Edo

Post by Edo » Sat May 16, 2009 11:08 am

I would still welcome some more thoughts on my question if someone has a few minutes to spare over the weekend. Cheers guys