ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mallikz

Registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen

Post by mallikz » Fri May 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi guys,

What exactly is rigistring a child as British Citizen? will they get a British PP?
will they go thru the naturalisation process?

I have a child born here and soon im going to get my ILR, if I register for Brisitish Citizen, will it be equally valid as BC ?

Is it advisable to register as BS or wait for one year and apply along with me? what is the difference?

please advice.

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 16, 2009 12:21 am

vinny wrote:After you are granted settlement, your child is eligible to register for British citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mallikz

Post by mallikz » Mon May 18, 2009 8:14 am

Thanks Vinny.

is there any time limit that i need to wait to register after i got my ilr? or can i apply immediately.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon May 18, 2009 8:20 am

mallikz wrote:Thanks Vinny.

is there any time limit that i need to wait to register after i got my ilr? or can i apply immediately.
Your child can be registered as a BC immediately after you get ILR!

minny

Post by minny » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:38 pm

Sorry, I saw this thread after I posted my similar query earlier today.

I am a bit confused, as on the MN1 form, it does specifically ask when the child was granted ILR. Is this not contradictory to what some of the members have said?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:46 am

minny wrote:Sorry, I saw this thread after I posted my similar query earlier today.

I am a bit confused, as on the MN1 form, it does specifically ask when the child was granted ILR. Is this not contradictory to what some of the members have said?

Thanks
See also Child ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

minny

Post by minny » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Thanks so much, Vinny.