ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension question about Immigration History

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dehjet

HSMP extension question about Immigration History

Post by dehjet » Fri May 15, 2009 4:24 pm

D. Immigration History
It is mandatory to complete Section D. If it is not complete the application will be invalid and
will be returned to the applicant.
Help on the questions is given at the end of this application form.
D1. Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom?
Yes - go to question D2 No - go to question D5
D2. Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United
Kingdom?

I had a tourist visa before I came to UK for the first time.Should I fill that visa in this section or should I start it with my entry clearance which is another visa in my passport?

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri May 15, 2009 4:56 pm

You are required to provide the full details of your immigration history so you should mention about your tourist Visa first (Seniors please correct is i am wrong).

dehjet

Post by dehjet » Fri May 15, 2009 5:37 pm

nksg wrote:You are required to provide the full details of your immigration history so you should mention about your tourist Visa first (Seniors please correct is i am wrong).
thanks for quick response. are immigration and tourist visit same thing ? there is space for only one visa :/

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP extension question about Immigration History

Post by f2k » Fri May 15, 2009 7:23 pm

dehjet wrote:D. Immigration History
It is mandatory to complete Section D. If it is not complete the application will be invalid and
D1. Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom?
D2. Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United
Kingdom?

I had a tourist visa before I came to UK for the first time.Should I fill that visa in this section or should I start it with my entry clearance which is another visa in my passport?
you should use information in relation to your Tier 1 entry clearance.

push
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP extension question about Immigration History

Post by push » Fri May 15, 2009 8:59 pm

dehjet wrote:D. Immigration History
Kingdom?

Provide details pertaining to your HSMP VISA as you are extending it not the Tourist VISA
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:28 am

I concur. You need to put down the date of your entry to the country to work/live and not when you were here as a visitor.