ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green Card for Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IR
Newly Registered

Green Card for Germany

Post by IR » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:02 pm

Hello,

I am about to get a job offer from an IT German company. I have the following questions about Green Card:

1) What are the documents that I should provide in order to process my work permit and residence permit?

2) How long does it usually take (An estimation, of course) to get the work permit?

3) As far as I understood, if I have a US, Australian, NZ, Japan... (and few other countries) nationality -
which I have, then I can enter to Germany with the work permit and obtain the residence permit while I am there. Is that true?

4) What are the employee-related things that the German autorithies check in order to provide the work permit?

5) Each country has its own tertiary education system concerning degrees/diplomas in IT/Engineering fields, which are different from the German system. What is the recommended education level to to get the work permit? Do the autorithies check the nature of the diploma/degree or they just check if the candidate has a tertiary education?

6) Do I need to go through a medical examination and provide a police certificate states that I don't have criminal record as part of the process to obtain the work permit?

Many thanks for your answers.

- IR

IR
Newly Registered

Post by IR » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:32 pm

Hello,

Can someone please answer my questions, I haven't seen such questions posted before.

I have one more question: Can my prospective German employer submit my documents on my behalf and represent me in front of the German authorities if I delegate him to do that? Or do I have to come to Germany myself and do that.

Your quick response to this question and the questions in the previous post shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

- IR

gani999

Post by gani999 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:20 pm

biesas wrote:Green Card doesn't exist in Germany anymore and to get work permit is very difficult to say at least...
can you provide us with some links to substantiate that?

IR
Newly Registered

Post by IR » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:24 pm

Gani and the other moderators,

He/She can't substantiate anything since he/she is an agent of a lawyer's firm that deals with immigration to Europe. Therefore, he is looking for potential clients. He/she sent me a PM about that. I suggest to erase that post and block this user. There is no evidence to the information he/she posted here, so no one can substantiate it.

- IR

N_SVik
Newly Registered

Post by N_SVik » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:11 pm

All about German Green Card and German work permit you can find on www.trust7.com.

Regards,

IR
Newly Registered

Post by IR » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:23 pm

Dude,

I applied for German work permit last week based on a job offer I got from a leading IT company in Germany. So what the hell are you talking about?

I suppose you are not in Germany but in NL, stop taking drugs and get the hell out from the fantasy you are living in.

- IR

IR
Newly Registered

Post by IR » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:11 pm

This is taken from an official German authority site and not from an interesant lawyer's office.

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/w ... erung_html

biesas wake up and smell the coffee and stop sniffing glue it ruins your brain :idea:

IR
Newly Registered

Post by IR » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:27 am

Would you be so kind to let me know what is the difference in terms of complexity and time it takes to get the work permit now comparing with the former Green Card?

Thanks,

- IR

biesas
Newly Registered

Post by biesas » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:05 pm

IR wrote:Would you be so kind to let me know what is the difference in terms of complexity and time it takes to get the work permit now comparing with the former Green Card?

Thanks,

- IR
Green Card usually took 2-3 weeks and you could be 99% sure that you get it. With work permit you newer know how long it will take - from few weeks to few months and whether you get it or not. For work permit authorities check that there is no suitable person in Germany and EU first - well, it's the same as in UK for example.