ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can anybody suggest me what can I do???????

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

can anybody suggest me what can I do???????

Post by 9603196090 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Dear everyone

My name is ABDUL and my mistakes on PSW application forms brings me here and am new to this forum. I made PSW application on Fri May 15 2009 and got an sms/text msg stating that my application has been forwarded to BHC. I applied from Hyderabad VFS Office,India. I have provided all the necessary documents including maintainence and funds docs in the form of BANK LETTERs, Master's degree, PSW LETTER, transcript. I made a mistake on my visa application form under part 6 (i.e. 6.4). It has been asked here that:
Have you ever been granted a visa to live in the U.K in the last 10 years??? if "yes" then please give the details below:
Date : Purpose: Duration : Reference Number

Under this I forgot to write the reference number which one can find on his/her student visa at the top. Rest all was fine. Actually I did not read the PBS guidance form.

Also, the worst mistake that I think I did is that on APPENDIX 4 (page 3). I was supposed to check (put "x") the box beside "letter from a bank covering a duration of 3 months" but here I check (put "x") in a box beside "bank or building society statements covering 3 months". What should I do now???we all know that either of the bank document is enough for making the PSW application but an error has been made here as well. However, the good thing is that I have stated on ANNEX A (supporting docs checklist) as well as on PART 7 of VAF9 (in white blank space) that I have enclosed BANK LETTER(S) covering 3 months. Please comment on my issue. What best i can do now....are my mistakes are avoidable???......please kindly advice me asap. I'm really anxious about it. Cheers!

Abdul
Last edited by 9603196090 on Sun May 17, 2009 9:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

raghavpatel
Newly Registered

Post by raghavpatel » Sat May 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Hey Abdul,

As far as the reference number error is concerned, it won't be a problem because I wrote the visa number instead of the VFS reference number. So I know that it won't be an issue.

I'm not sure about the other mistake but you definitely cannot do anything about either of them.

Just wait and hope for the best

Cheers

Post by 9603196090 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:51 pm

To Raghavapatel:

No mate...you wrote that correctly. Reference number means the number which is stated at the top of your student visa beside "UK entry clearance" in a format 0012345x.....you wrote correctly.....I don't know what VAF reference number you mean. Do you think that we need to mention the VAF ref number we got at the time of submitting Student visa application form????. Please clear my doubts yaar.....hope it doesn't matters to you....if you have free mins to India you could call me on my number:

raghavpatel
Newly Registered

Re: Abdul

Post by raghavpatel » Sat May 16, 2009 10:10 pm

The number on the right hand corner is the entry clearance number. The number below that is the VAF/VFS number. I think you are supposed to write that on the form.

As long as your documents are what the HO has asked for, it should not be a problem. I'm pretty sure they overlook minor mistakes.

koolbone

Re: Made a mistake on VAF9 & APPENDIX4, and SUBMITTED!!!

Post by koolbone » Sat May 16, 2009 11:47 pm

I don't think there's much you can do. At worst, these are minor mistakes that will be overlooked. The good thing is that you indicated that the Bank letters are part of your supporting documents. I feel the Reference number omission is no big deal. So, try and relax. Wish you all the best with your application

Post by 9603196090 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:03 am

Dear koolbone and raghavpatel

thanks a lot for giving me courage....actually I filled the forms 20 days before I made my applications....and at the time of making application, I did not go through my application.....I thought I would get BANK STATEMENTS from the Bank but on the day of making application, I got BANK LETTER(s)....this has created the problem.....another big mistake is that I ignored PBS guidance document and has never read it.....Now having known that I did minor mistakes still I want to go to the VFS office on Monday to report the errors I made...
what do you guys think about my this decision......shall I visit VFS ofice for further enquiries? or Just keep waiting for the best results???? I don't know when I will get the visa...already I bought RETURN TICKET of 28 June 2009......

Cheers!

Abdul