ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning Citizen

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghavpatel
Newly Registered

Returning Citizen

Post by raghavpatel » Sat May 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Hey Guys,

I currently hold a 2 year PSW visa due to expire in 2011. I am planning to go to India for a 1 month vacation.

Someone told me that a lot of people are being sent back from airport immigration due to the current economic situation. Keeping this in mind, would you advise me to go home.

As far as I know, if you have a valid visa, it should not be a problem.

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers

Post by 9603196090 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:44 pm

In my notion, there is no harm if you want to come to India on PSW visa. Recession would have nothing to do with PSW workers. A PSW worker is free to live and work any hours in Britain for 2 years. I think you got a wrong advice. However, I want you to take any decision before taking any step further. Have you got MULT ENTRY on your visa....by the way, I have applied for PSW visa on Friday 15 May. I donot know what would happen in my case. I made two mistakes in the application form.

koolbone

Re: Returning Citizen

Post by koolbone » Sat May 16, 2009 8:44 pm

raghavpatel wrote:Hey Guys,

I currently hold a 2 year PSW visa due to expire in 2011. I am planning to go to India for a 1 month vacation.

Someone told me that a lot of people are being sent back from airport immigration due to the current economic situation. Keeping this in mind, would you advise me to go home.

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers
No need to be paranoid mate. You have a valid 2 year visa, you're free to go for your vacation. There's no valid reason for you to be refused entry when your visa's still valid (and you haven't broken any immigration laws). The people who probably stand that risk are people who obtained the PSW from dodgy colleges.

Post by 9603196090 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Yes you are absolutely right Koolbone.....

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Sat May 16, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers
I don't know which college/uni have you got your psw from.But if it is from CCL, I would like to suggest you not to visit India.In addition, if it is from any other college other than ccl, the immigration officer will still ask you the relevant questions e.g. how many modules,lecture time,where did you live, how did you go to college,who was your tutor and /or they will phone the college and ask whether you were a registered student at that instituiton.Any discrepancy will propel you to the appeal.

BBC already revealed in last decmber that about 2500 applicants with bogus qualifications have slipped through the uk border agency.ukba is in the quest of those applicants.Good luck.

raghavpatel
Newly Registered

Re: Sadhu

Post by raghavpatel » Sat May 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi Sadhu,

Thanks for your response. I've graduated from the University of Leicester. Btw, what is CCL?

Thanks

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Sat May 16, 2009 10:04 pm

raghavpatel wrote:Hi Sadhu,

Thanks for your response. I've graduated from the University of Leicester. Btw, what is CCL?

Thanks
CCL was a college which was raided and closed by ukba.As long as you were graduated from the uni I do not foresee any problem.But please prepare yourself for the general questions and inform your personal tutor that you will be visiting India between ....If ukba wants to speak to your tutor give his name phone number.

Believe me these days they are asking too many questions.I am not saying that they will ask you.But just prepare yourself and keep some study materials e.g. journals, handouts, lecture notes inside your check-in luggage.Whenever they ask questions and if any doubt they find they start searching the luggage immediately.Any study materials will tell them you were a genuine student.

raghavpatel
Newly Registered

Re: Sandhu

Post by raghavpatel » Sat May 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Thanks for the response.

What I don't understand is why would they want to speak to my tutor or check study material. Wouldn't that have made sense if I was on a student visa?

Cheers

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Sat May 16, 2009 10:20 pm

raghavpatel wrote:Thanks for the response.

What I don't understand is why would they want to speak to my tutor or check study material. Wouldn't that have made sense if I was on a student visa?

Cheers
Yes ukba want to make sure you were a genuine student.If they ask you question, if you answer correctly and if they say you that they want to make some verification through uni you still can tell them that you know personal tutor etc.But as long as you are from uni and registered at the uni I do not foresee any problem.

Regarding study materials taht always provide them a +ve feedback.I don' know whether you have watched the video before they have removed them from the youtube.I have just suggested you rest upto you.I may be wrong.But only thing i want to say you that don't be overconfident.What about your supervisor for your dissertation?He knows you very well I believe.Because probably you have seen him too many times in order to finish ur dissertation.

When I was a university student 4 years ago.I was writing my dissertation.When I was returning from home Heathrow airport terminal threy asked me too many questions officer told me to wait for 3hours.They told me they will phone uni and make some verification.I gave them my supervisors details who guided me in my dissertatgion.UKBA did that.Anyway good luck.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun May 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers
I don't see any reason why they would hold you if you attended Leicester and speaking to your personal tutor would only be relevant when you are a student. They can always call your Uni to verify though they might hold you for hours but then that's only if they suspect anything. Go and have a nice holiday and don't bother yourself so much about it.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun May 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers
Dude go for your holidays and enjoy... U are a university graduate therefore be professional dont go after rumors... they cannot go out of the blue and ask u some idiotic questions.. i've been on holidays many times they never asked me any pity questions.....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================