ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS-PSW bank statement question

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

IGS-PSW bank statement question

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri May 15, 2009 10:10 pm

hi all,

i am applying for my IGS-PSW extension, i'll be providing my bank statement from 26Jan 2009 1st May 2009, this will cover the last 3 months period and all that time my balance never fall below 800 mark.

i'll post my application on 18th May so my question is what about the period from 1st may to 18th may b/z there is 18 day gap from my bank statement day to the day when i'll post my application. is 18 day a big gap?

and if this is a big gap what should i do?

thnks for all advices.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: IGS-PSW bank statement question

Post by yasa » Sat May 16, 2009 2:59 pm

nabeel_sheraz wrote:hi all,

i am applying for my IGS-PSW extension, i'll be providing my bank statement from 26Jan 2009 1st May 2009, this will cover the last 3 months period and all that time my balance never fall below 800 mark.

i'll post my application on 18th May so my question is what about the period from 1st may to 18th may b/z there is 18 day gap from my bank statement day to the day when i'll post my application. is 18 day a big gap?

and if this is a big gap what should i do?

thnks for all advices.
Its gonna be fine.. U cannot send more then a month old statement...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

shaina322
Newly Registered

Post by shaina322 » Sun May 17, 2009 4:27 pm

yasa is right. you a month grace period between the end of your last bank statement and when you submit your application. all should be fine, good luck!

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun May 17, 2009 4:52 pm

i was thinking to goto my bank and ask them to give me statement from 1st may to 18th may, obviously they wont give me original statment instead they will just printout my bank statement and probabily stamp it, then i can send that one with my original statement.

is it gonna be good idea?

thanks again

shaina322
Newly Registered

Post by shaina322 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:02 pm

You can do this if you want, but it is entirely unnecessary. you have all the information you need already. believe me, in the rules it says that if you are applying from in country than you have a 1 month grace period on your bank statements.

if you decide to do this than you MUST make sure that your bank stamps the statement and signs it on EVERY page, otherwise the HO will reject you even if you have shown them original bank statements that cover 3 months (this is what happened to me). I sent the HO original bank statements for 3 months and was then nervous, as you are now, that i had a 2 week break between the end of my last statement and when i applied. i printed out an online bank statement (just as verification that I still had the money, even though i was in the grace period) adn they rejected me because of that printout (even though I had already given them 3 months of original bank statements). My advice is not to send the printout. just send the statements.

best

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun May 17, 2009 6:12 pm

nabeel_sheraz wrote:i was thinking to goto my bank and ask them to give me statement from 1st may to 18th may, obviously they wont give me original statment instead they will just printout my bank statement and probabily stamp it, then i can send that one with my original statement.

thanks again
Dude dont get panic. Check the guidelines properly... Dont make your case complicated by sending extra statements from your bank out for nothing... PBS works on rules defined by guidelines and according to guidelines u r fine... My suggestion to u is to check guidelines again its gonna be good for u....
=======================
=======================

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Sun May 17, 2009 8:52 pm

yasa wrote:
nabeel_sheraz wrote:i was thinking to goto my bank and ask them to give me statement from 1st may to 18th may, obviously they wont give me original statment instead they will just printout my bank statement and probabily stamp it, then i can send that one with my original statement.

thanks again
Dude dont get panic. Check the guidelines properly... Dont make your case complicated by sending extra statements from your bank out for nothing... PBS works on rules defined by guidelines and according to guidelines u r fine... My suggestion to u is to check guidelines again its gonna be good for u....
Very good advice. Yasa's right

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun May 17, 2009 9:03 pm

yasa and shaina322 thanks for your reply, i've decided that i'll only send my original bank statements.

thanks again

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 am

nabeel_sheraz wrote:yasa and shaina322 thanks for your reply, i've decided that i'll only send my original bank statements.

thanks again
Best of luck
=======================
=======================