ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Software guys need your advise please

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rckybhardwaj

Software guys need your advise please

Post by rckybhardwaj » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:34 pm

Dear Members,
Could I have some advise from people working in software field in UK.
My brother has 5 years experience in the IT industry, works as a Senior Software tester in Mumbai, India.
For a career growth he would like to ty and come to UK on the Working Holiday maker visa. But he is a bit reluctant to come on WHM visa, as he thinks if he may not get a job here so he couls be in a problem.
I just wanted a genuine opinion from you software professionals, what should he do,
1) Should he come on WHM visa and try for jobs in UK ?
2) Do employers take people on WHM visa ?
Your reply will be highly appreciated Please.

Thanks and Best Regards

Bhardwaj

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:06 pm

indian experinece doesnt get fruits here. it is tough to get a job . but i had friends who managed to get a job like 1 in 50. if u do a job search in uk few agencies ask have u gotPR, british passport..,full Uk driving license.out of 15 friends with relevant experience and certifications only one managed to get a job here .I donot want to dispirit you ,You get the same opinion from guys over here.

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:03 pm

Thanks for the reply Phalluri.
That is why I asked you guys your sincere opinion.
My brother is not interested to come to UK on Working holiday maker visa, as there is the problem of getting job.
He is actually quite happy in Mumbai, drawing a good decent salary for his age.
So I will tell him not come here and be in tension for finding jobs.
Cheers for your reply.
Thanks

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:28 am

Depends on your brothers skills in his area of expertise (testing )
Companies do work permit if the skillset are in demand, no doubt about it.
Your brother needs to do some basic research and self-evaluate himself to find where he stands with respect to the current job market and skills in demand.