ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shauna
Newly Registered

Visa Refused

Post by Shauna » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:04 am

Hi,

I m an Indian.I am a software professional and so is my husband.He had to travel to UK on a Business Visa immediately after 1 week of our marriage.Hence I decide to visit him.I had applied for vistors visa and it was refused on the grounds that

1) in my resignation letter I had mentioned as "As I would join my Husband in UK ,I am not in a position to continue my job".The officer has said that he is not satisfied I would give up a job for a three weeks visit.

2) The letter the office in UK had provided for my husbands visit was only for three weeks and he is over staying

3) My husband has taken tenancy agreement on both our names(as his project is now scheduled for 18 months).

The officer has said that he is not satisfied and I do not intend to leave UK at the end of my visit.

I had to resign my job because I was denied 1 month leave as I had already taken 8 days of leave for my marriage and I can now avail only 7 more days of leave and also because once the project goes in a full swing I may not be able to get the remaining leave also

Now my husband's project in UK has been scheduled for 18 months and he is planing to come down to India in a month's time to get WORK PERMIT .

Since vistors visa has been refused for me,will it cause an impact when I apply again for a dependant visa when my husband holds a work permit.

I m worried.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Shauna

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:19 am

no

but make sure you submit all the necessary documents when you apply for the dependant visa

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:56 pm

visit visa rightly refused as you failed to meet the rules for an application in this category - your husband's actions did not help. Dependent WP visa should not be an issue subject to the WP being in correct category. There is a distinct Multiple Entry WP (in effect a glorified business visa) issued for a max 2 years that does not allow dependents to accompany unless they do so in their own capacity e.g. student etc.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:55 am

Shauna,

Not intending to put blame on you, but, you would have had a better chance of getting a tourist visa if you had made the application separately by not combining you resignation details and husbands current extended stay in UK.

Not to worry, you would still qualify for a dependent visa after your husband gets his work permit approval.
I would strongly recommend waiting for 2-3 months after he arrives in the UK on work permit so that he has bank statements, payslips, and a running tenancy agreement on his name and yours. Most importantly, a letter from company stating your husband’s employment status and sponsorship of yours as a dependent
Hope things will turn out good for you soon. Good luck.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:06 pm

Shauna,

Since your husband overstayed and the embassy now know about it, he may have problems applying for visa even if he gets a WP.
They will not give you any visa till they are satisfied that your husband left the UK or legally changed his status/visa.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:12 pm

Overstay need not be a real overstay (in immigration terms), but company can permit overstay of an employee on business trip provided the visa remains valid.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:24 pm

If they refused EC to her because the husband overstayed, then upon EC request for the husband he will have problems.....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Shauna
Newly Registered

visa refusal - reapplying

Post by Shauna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:00 am

Hi All,

Many Thanks for ur response.

You are doing a really wonderful and great job!

My husbands company is one of the leading Software company in India and they processed my visit visa.

I totally relied on the company and didnt get much into the visa details.

It is so unfortunate that only now I realize, their inexperience in processing visit visa.

I ought to be really careful when they process my husbands WP and my Dependant visa.

I do have one more question:

If my husbands work permit is delayed for another 3 months,can I apply for a visit visa again or what type of visa will help me to meet him

Please Advice

Thank you,

Shauna

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:04 pm

Shauna, Its better you don't apply for a visit visa again.
The immigration officer at the embassy will have details of your previous rejection from your application form and their computer system.