ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Naturalisation of adopted child of

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gao1mi
Newly Registered

Application for Naturalisation of adopted child of

Post by gao1mi » Mon May 18, 2009 9:44 pm

I am filling out Form 9 for Irish citizenship for my daughter, age 12. I got my own citizenship in April 09. My child was adopted from China by me as a US citizen in 1997. I have no Long Form Birth Cert for her--only her Chinese birth and adoption docs, and a short Certification of Birth from the US. Do I send in copies of the Chinese birth and adoption certs with certified translations? Should they be certifed by an Irish solicitor, or should the US ones be cerfied by US authorities? The Dublin Chinese Embassy say they certify nothing that did not originate with them. Has anyone any experience of a case like mine? Someone said they thought I should get a birth affidavit done. Has anyone any experience of doing this on the behalf of a minor?