ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 09, 2009 11:26 pm

wphsmpteir1 wrote:Thanks push_hsmp

You are right. The confussion was because of the "go to J1" being aligned below the "yes" tick box. Thanks a lot.

I will be grateful if you can tell me about the question a) on what to fill in:

B10 : HSMP reference number

Is it your or our reference number (six digit number)

and

B11:

Is this necessary or B10 would be sufficient.
You should get comfort from the fact that the application says "if available" However if these are available provide these from your correspondence - "our reference". In case of confusion see page 70 of the application.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks again push_hsmp

Got my photos done at Jessops today :-)

pubmania
Newly Registered

Post by pubmania » Mon May 11, 2009 5:13 pm

wphsmpteir1 wrote:Thanks again push_hsmp

Got my photos done at Jessops today :-)
Have u booked for applying in person and when and where is ur appmt??

hsmp_83
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_83 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 pm

I booked appointment on 17th june in Sheffield. Is anyone else who get Tier 1 general from Sheffield before? or anyone going in Sheffield on same day?

Thanx in advance for ur replies.

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Wed May 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Guys,

I have a small query with the dates of salary received in my bank account.

The dates of salary received in my bank account are not consistent. Though the date on pay slip states 30th of every month, the date of salary received in my bank account varies from 26th to 30th of every month. There are occassions where I have received my salary twice in one month -- one on 3rd (previous month's salary) and then on 29th (current month). The amount matches in my bank statement with the pay slips.

Do you think this will be an issue with my extension application.

Thanks,

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Wed May 13, 2009 2:11 pm

ambitions_high wrote:Guys,

The dates of salary received in my bank account are not consistent. Though the date on pay slip states 30th of every month, the date of salary received in my bank account varies from 26th to 30th of every month. There are occassions where I have received my salary twice in one month -- one on 3rd (previous month's salary) and then on 29th (current month). The amount matches in my bank statement with the pay slips.

Thanks,
hi there,
i have the same issue, and i think it is happens because of the time of the bank transaction - sometimes it takes a day for money to reach the account. in additional, i have F/FLOW instead of the name of the company or SALARY in my bank statment. i didn't get answers on those questions so far, so going to apply as it is. maybe someone had similar situation? please advise!
thanks

bonvivz

biometrics query!

Post by bonvivz » Wed May 13, 2009 10:21 pm

probably im late in asking this.. for all those folks who have successfully got the tier-1 extension done, can you pl share was there bio-metrics done on the same day or any notifications were sent later through mail/etc?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed May 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Iriny_k wrote:

Thanks,
Thats fine. Date on the Salary slip indicates what date the Salary slips were processed/printed and not the date on which salary was credited to your account. You might want to add a line in the cover letter to explain receipts of two salaries in one month though.
hi there,
i have the same issue, and i think it is happens because of the time of the bank transaction - sometimes it takes a day for money to reach the account. in additional, i have F/FLOW instead of the name of the company or SALARY in my bank statment. i didn't get answers on those questions so far, so going to apply as it is. maybe someone had similar situation? please advise!
thanks
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed May 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Iriny_k wrote:

Thanks,
hi there,
thanks
You/ your employer does not have any control over the terminology/ transaction description used by the Bank.
regards,
push

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Thu May 14, 2009 2:48 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
Iriny_k wrote:

Thanks,
hi there,
thanks
You/ your employer does not have any control over the terminology/ transaction description used by the Bank.
it is understandable. the question is if other people provided a leter from the bank explaining that those transactions are salaries, or is it understandble for a caseworker the same as for you and me?

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu May 14, 2009 11:10 pm

As long as money is coming via bacs from employer account no need to worry at all.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri May 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Iriny_k wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
Iriny_k wrote:

Thanks,
hi there,
thanks
it is understandable. the question is if other people provided a leter from the bank explaining that those transactions are salaries, or is it understandble for a caseworker the same as for you and me?
Decision on an application is not based on precedence but on rules. What evidence others provide should not sway the caseworker. He is bound by the rules and their interpretation.
regards,
push

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Sat May 16, 2009 10:02 am

push_hsmp wrote:
Iriny_k wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
Iriny_k wrote: hi there,
thanks
Decision on an application is not based on precedence but on rules. What evidence others provide should not sway the caseworker. He is bound by the rules and their interpretation.
when the rules are confusing we all are coming to this forum and asking what the experience of others is, don't you agree? if i need to read the rules i go to Home Office website, but the rules don't answer my question directly. if you are saying that a caseworker won't pay attention to how the transactions named in the bank statement because he/she is not asked by rules to do so, then it make sense. but precedence still make applicants more confident when they see that there were a few similar cases and they were fine.
thank you.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 16, 2009 11:30 am

I have been on the board for almost 2 years now and what I have seen is inconsistency in interpretation of rules. I can clearly tell that there were some rejections of EC applications in India with caseworker citing "the bank statements show entries saying salary but do not clearly state the Company's name". At the same time a number of applicants got positive results with statements simply saying "transfer####". So there is no clear precedence in this regard and we need to go back to what the rules say as thats what is going to come to our rescue when the application is turned down. The guidance clearly specifies what the statement should show. I even suggest people to cut paste relevant paras from the guidance notes into the cover letter.

You are right in saying that precedence provides some comfort and confidence to the applicants but when it comes to an individual case it is the rules and interpretation thereof by the concerned caseworker (we have seen some subjectivity here) which plays the absolute deciding role.

Fyi - elsewhere on the forum, I have said that people in UK have comfortably got their applications approved with their statements simply showing "Bank Giro Credit" as the entry against the amount credited as salary.

Others pls share your experience.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 16, 2009 11:30 am

***** Apologies-duplicate post******
Last edited by push on Sat May 16, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 16, 2009 2:47 pm

***** Apologies-duplicate post******
regards,
push

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sun May 17, 2009 12:06 am

Hello folks,

Just wanted to update on my application, I applied for premuim service in Croyodon on 15/05/2009 for extension of my HSMP to Tier-1 (G).

I had appointment at 08:30am and finished at 4:00pm. The interview with an inexperienced case worker took about 2hrs 30 minutes. My application was one of the straight forwards one with most the documentation from within the UK and clearly numbered. At 11:30 my application was forwarded to the next level for consideration, and finally got confirmation at 3:00pm, then the passports were ready by 4:00pm. It would have been quicker if I did not had an inexperienced, and slow case worker. t was obvious that my case worker hailed from neighbouring country, and once commented that "u know documents back home can be forged.... n bla bla" on hearing this I just had to control myself... infact we had a scary moment when he lost/forgot my salary slips at copier... but eventually he found them...

Though I requested for leave to be of 38-months, ie two months more than 36, he refused. I wasn't really bothered abt that, but anyways got extension of 36-months from July 09 onwards, which was good.

Many thanks to all, and especially push_hsmp for invaluable guidance :-)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun May 17, 2009 12:46 am

Good to hear that. Congratulations. For the benefit of others could you please share your peculiarities of your application and the evidence provided by you? e.g.

Did you take your dependents too (if you applied for their extension)
Did your bank statements have entries showing transfer from your employer i.e. company's name ?
Bank statements used by you - formal/printouts from bank stamped etc.
Name on Salary Slip (full name / abbreviated name)

There have been some questions on these issues recently.
regards,
push

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:43 am

No problem.

>Did you take your dependents too (if you applied for their extension)

Yes, I did. My spouse accompanied me.

>Did your bank statements have entries showing transfer from your employer i.e. company's name ?

Yes, my company name changed in Oct from S to A, because of companies split. However since it was the same people and payroll arrangements, I guess I had no problems, I also got a letter from my HR abt the formal company split. The bank statements showed the name on the salary slips.

>Bank statements used by you - formal/printouts from bank stamped etc.
Name on Salary Slip (full name / abbreviated name)

I showed him 12-months salary slips with 13-month bank statements. The bank statements were all in originals with company name againts the salary receipts. Though the guy checked a few Bank statements to ensure the company name, and also asked to confirm that the salary is from the same employer as in the salary slips. I believe he did not make copy of the bank statements, he seemed happy with the salary slips.

For maintainance funds he checked the last three months of bank statements, ensuring that the funds were always above £1333 (800+533). Though he said it was un-necessary, I also showed him (internet) printout of my last three months of saving account statements duly stamped with covering letter from my Bank.

I must add the guy at the ground floor, who do the pre-check b4 the case worker, was statisfied that the funds were maintained throughout the past three months.

Edo

Maintainence Funds

Post by Edo » Mon May 18, 2009 11:59 am

Hi all

I am going to Sheffield HO on 15th June to apply for Tier 1 General (initial). I have a potential issue here and wonder if anyone could please advise me. I have been maintaining funds of £800 in a Savings Account but in the past three months my Current Account (where I get my salary paid into) went overdrawn a few times. So, even though I have maintained £800 in one account but somehow if the caseworker points his/her attention to the overdrawn amount in the current account then could I be in trouble?

I have no choice but to produce statements for both of the accounts as one proves the availability of maintainance funds and the other is to show evidance of salaray paid to me (in addition to the monthly payslips).

Do you think this is a potential base for refusal?

Prashanth_yadav

HSMP to Tier1

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Mon May 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi all,

My HSMP visa is due to expire in Jan 2009, please can anybody let me know if it possible for me to apply for HSMP to Tier1 now.

Many thanks.

Prashanth_yadav

HSMP to Tier1

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Mon May 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi all,

My HSMP visa is due to expire in Jan 2009, please can anybody let me know if it possible for me to apply for HSMP to Tier1 now.

Many thanks.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Maintainence Funds

Post by push » Mon May 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Edo wrote:Hi all

I am going to Sheffield HO on 15th June to apply for Tier 1 General (initial). I have a potential issue here and wonder if anyone could please advise me. I have been maintaining funds of £800 in a Savings Account but in the past three months my Current Account (where I get my salary paid into) went overdrawn a few times. So, even though I have maintained £800 in one account but somehow if the caseworker points his/her attention to the overdrawn amount in the current account then could I be in trouble?

I have no choice but to produce statements for both of the accounts as one proves the availability of maintainance funds and the other is to show evidance of salaray paid to me (in addition to the monthly payslips).

Do you think this is a potential base for refusal?
That should not be a problem. HO wants you to have "access" to GBP800. The guidance note does not specify that the "net-worth" should be more than GBP800. If you are still skeptical send an email to HO. In all probability you will get a positive response from them. Carry the print-out with you.
regards,
push

mavrick7
Newly Registered

Post by mavrick7 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi All

I am just wondering about applying in-peron at croydon. My current leave (HSMP) expires in august'09 and i have an appointment end of June for a tier 1 extn.

My question is if I am granted futher leave to remain under tier-1, will the visa start from the day i got it stamped or from the day my current visa xpires?

Look forward for your support on this.

Prashanth_yadav

HSMP Extension

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Tue May 19, 2009 11:58 am

Hi all,

Please can anybody let me know which form I have to use to apply for HSMP Extension.

Is HSMP extension same as switching to TIER1....

This is really confusing please clear this doubt....