ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Thu May 14, 2009 8:16 am

aamir4ug wrote:
Reda i will like U to contact ur MP and send in another complain form. Stating as it is very urgent for u.
Kampk i have receive the letter asking for the documents again... Now How long it took for U whn they ask for ur documents.....
For every one waiting my advise will be contact them again and again every week and send in complain form every 3rd week coz they only reply to those who contact them... involve whom ever U thin good for U like solvet which i haven't coz not know how to do it.....
thank u for ur advise,i sent this morning e-mail to my MP i hope it will be useful
would u tell me how long time took for u between send first complaint and they ask about additional document

Regards

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Thu May 14, 2009 5:32 pm

reda wrote:
aamir4ug wrote:
Reda i will like U to contact ur MP and send in another complain form. Stating as it is very urgent for u.
Kampk i have receive the letter asking for the documents again... Now How long it took for U whn they ask for ur documents.....
For every one waiting my advise will be contact them again and again every week and send in complain form every 3rd week coz they only reply to those who contact them... involve whom ever U thin good for U like solvet which i haven't coz not know how to do it.....
thank u for ur advise,i sent this morning e-mail to my MP i hope it will be useful
would u tell me how long time took for u between send first complaint and they ask about additional document

Regards

first complain doesn't work for me so i complain second time and same time i write letter to MP. my case was open in 3 weeks and got leter from my case worker for additional document after 5 week of that mp letter.

SO KEEP UR WRITING SKILLS WORKING FOR U.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Fri May 15, 2009 10:52 am

hi,i received letter from ho yesterday where they appoligise for the delay and my application will be allocated to a caseworker for action
i think complain to them it pay more than waiting for ur turn come my advise to all of u start complain after 6 month sharp no waste ur time hopping the things going to change by themselfs as i did and lost 4 months after the regular 6 months for start to complain
whatever i still waitting for they contact me if they need any documentation
does anyone know how long it takes for they ask about additional papers?

regards

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Sun May 17, 2009 1:42 am

it takes about 3 week from their apology letter.

i think most of people got their RC coz no one reply anymore LOLzzz.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sun May 17, 2009 10:30 am

[aamir wrote:]
it takes about 3 week from their apology letter.
i think most of people got their RC coz no one reply anymore LOLzzz
hi aamir,what do u mean 3 weeks
after 3wks they ask about additional document or I got my RC

THANKS

aussiegirl

Complaining actually seems to work

Post by aussiegirl » Sun May 17, 2009 11:35 am

Hi everyone,

Perhaps it really is possible that the Home Office are addressing the long waiting times. I complained exactly six months after my application was first submitted - to the Home Office, to my local MP and to Solvit. About a week later, I received an email thanking me for my complaint, and that they would contact me shortly. I thought nothing of it.

However yesterday, exactly 9 days after lodging my complaints, I received two letters from the Home Office. The first explained the reason for the delay (something like, we are focussing all our resources on repatriating foreign national prisoners, etc. etc.). The second asked for additional documentation (including my passport, which I didn't send the first time because there is no way I am going without my passport for six months). The funniest line of all is that the Home Office states that it would be 'reasonable to receive the documents within 14 days'. After all the delays, now they demand documents within a short timeframe! I had to laugh.

One of the posts above mentioned something about also receiving a letter from HO (sorry, it is difficult to decipher what was meant because of all the txt speak - hope you are not writing to HO in language like that! :) ) - so perhaps they really are cleaning up their act? Has anyone else had positive experiences yet?

kampk121

Post by kampk121 » Sun May 17, 2009 2:35 pm

hi aamir how u doing/ have u got ur RC yet?
I got it last month.
good luck to all.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sun May 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi everyone,

Perhaps it really is possible that the Home Office are addressing the long waiting times. I complained exactly six months after my application was first submitted - to the Home Office, to my local MP and to Solvit. About a week later, I received an email thanking me for my complaint, and that they would contact me shortly. I thought nothing of it

................? Has anyone else had positive experiences yet?
may be you are talking about me, i don't know what's wrong with my language perheps you can be more precise!!

anyway can you tell us if did you received the two letters in the same day

aussiegirl

details of complaints levelled to HO etc

Post by aussiegirl » Sun May 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Reda,
Part of my job is editing reports so sometimes I'm a little harsh on grammar and spelling - only meant it jokingly. But I do think it helps to be very clear when corresponding with the Home Office...I am happy to send over copies of the letters and emails I sent to them if you like.

So here is the sequence of events and dates:

7 May - 6 months is up, phoned Home Office for status update

7 May - complained to Home Office in writing (email), complained to local MP (email)

8 May - postcard from local MP postmarked and sent, stating that complaint will be addressed (received a couple of days later)

8 May - EEA national fiance complained to Solvit (haven't heard anything from them yet)

12 May - receive reply from Home Office stating that my complaint will be looked into

13 May - letter from Home Office postmarked, responding to emailed complaint and stating general reasons why application has been delayed, and that it has been passed to a caseworker. Letter received in post 16 May

14 May - letter from Home Office postmarked, requesting further documentation, which should be received within 14 days of the letter. Letter received 16 May.

Hope this is of use. Let me know how you get on - sounds like we are at the same stage of this waiting game.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sun May 17, 2009 5:34 pm

hi aussiegirl
thank you about your franchise and your sens of humour,it will be great if you send for me copies of your complaints after all you are the professional :wink:
and the last thing what is the additional documentation requested?

thanks for your time

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: details of complaints levelled to HO etc

Post by keshgrover » Sun May 17, 2009 7:30 pm

aussiegirl wrote:Hi Reda,
Part of my job is editing reports so sometimes I'm a little harsh on grammar and spelling - only meant it jokingly. But I do think it helps to be very clear when corresponding with the Home Office...I am happy to send over copies of the letters and emails I sent to them if you like.

So here is the sequence of events and dates:

7 May - 6 months is up, phoned Home Office for status update

7 May - complained to Home Office in writing (email), complained to local MP (email)

8 May - postcard from local MP postmarked and sent, stating that complaint will be addressed (received a couple of days later)

8 May - EEA national fiance complained to Solvit (haven't heard anything from them yet)

12 May - receive reply from Home Office stating that my complaint will be looked into

13 May - letter from Home Office postmarked, responding to emailed complaint and stating general reasons why application has been delayed, and that it has been passed to a caseworker. Letter received in post 16 May

14 May - letter from Home Office postmarked, requesting further documentation, which should be received within 14 days of the letter. Letter received 16 May.

Hope this is of use. Let me know how you get on - sounds like we are at the same stage of this waiting game.
Hi Aussiegirl,

Could you kindly forward me one copy of your both complaints please. My E-mail ID is keshgrover@yahoo.co.uk. Your help will be highly appreciated.
KESH

us221
Newly Registered

Post by us221 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi all,

I went through the worrying time of waiting for EEA2 visa myself, and reading the related threads on this forum and other similar forums helped me to understand the situation better - so I thought I would share the timeline of my application with you:
- 20th Sep 08: Sent out the application
- 24 Sep 08: UKBA in Liverpool returned some of the supporting documents (they kept essential ones)
- 25th Sep 08: Received Certificate of Application
- Heard nothing for 7 months
- 27th Apr 09: Registered a complaint with North West Customer Service Unit both via email and post, also sent an email to the local MP to ask for help
- 28th April 09: Received a letter from UKBA that expressed their apologies for the delay and notified me that my application is allocated to a caseworker with the case ID
- 7th May 09: My local MP sent a letter of enquiry to Liverpool
- 14th May 09: Received my passport with the residence card on (the cover letter says the decision on my application was made on 30th April 09)

So, in total, it took 7 months and 10 days for my case to be approved. The PA of my local MP said that, when she talked to UKBA in Liverpool, she was told that the processing time has become 10 to 12 months for EEA2 applications (because of removing foreign national prisoners), so I was really surprised to receive my passport and Residence Card after 7 months and 10 days.

My experience is a little different from some of you guys on the thread (for example, I received CoA only 5 days after I posted the application, and I was not asked to submit any extra supporting documents), but if I can be of any help for you who are spending stressful time waiting, I would be happy to – questions or requests to share my complaints letter, for example. Let me know.

One last thing - I didn't use a solicitor for my application.

kind regards

lezamalek
Newly Registered

Post by lezamalek » Mon May 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Hello there. I've send additional documents on 28/04/09. 6 months 1 week, still waiting.

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Mon May 18, 2009 2:29 pm

30th Sep 2008 Applied for EEA2

16th Oct 2008 Received Certificate of Application

25th Feb 2009 returned our passports for our essential travel

6th May 2009 Complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

9th May 2009 received a letter from HO, apologies and case worker is assigned to look into it.

11th May 2009 Received letter from Case worker asking for our passport and additional documents (latest salary slips or Employer letter of applicant “that’s meâ€

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Tue May 19, 2009 1:22 am

well that was the mistake i have done. i have waited till 8 months to complain and now my case is open and case worker ask em for same documents again i.e latest salary slips, proof of my relation from meeting to till date with my wife, latest bills, etc.. they r 10 points and i m trying to get them in 14 days... hope everything will be sorted out.... wish all the best for others and wish me luck also..

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue May 19, 2009 7:54 am

Aussie girl,

Could you please send me a copy of the letter models you used? I am very interested in them as you got a positive feedback and I am sure you will have your passport back within days, since they already requested further docs and allocated the case to the caseworker.
My email is glaucool@hotmail.com
Thanks a lot for the help!
Glauco

HQZ
Newly Registered

Post by HQZ » Tue May 19, 2009 5:40 pm

HELLO

IM ON MY WAY TO APPLY FOR THE EEA2.
IM CHILEAN AND MY WIFE IS BRITISH. WE WERE LIVING IN GERMANY LAST YEAR AND I GOT THE EEA FAMILY MEMBER VISA TO COME TO THE U.K, HOWEVER THIS VISA IS FOR 6 MONTHS.
SOME DOUBTS I CANT GET AN ANSWER FOR ( I HAVE READ ALREADY ALL THE INFO BUT I AM STILL WONDERING ABOUT) :

1.CAN I APPLY FOR THIS RESIDENCE CARD?

2.THEY ASK FOR MY WIFE´S EMPLOYER LETTER/CONTRACT, AND OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, WHICH WE HAVE BUT, SHOULD I INCLUDE EXTRA INFORMATION OTHER THAN THAT?

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP

REGARDS

yemco
Nigeria

coa

Post by yemco » Tue May 19, 2009 7:13 pm

please i need clearification on my coa.i got my coa recently i applied for eea2 married to eu national and on my coa there was no reference number and no entitlement to work they just acknowledge that they have recieve it i dont knw wot to do right now.

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Re: coa

Post by aamir4ug » Wed May 20, 2009 1:11 am

yemco wrote:please i need clearification on my coa.i got my coa recently i applied for eea2 married to eu national and on my coa there was no reference number and no entitlement to work they just acknowledge that they have receive it i dont knw wot to do right now.
Well to start with my question will be as where did u married. i mean what type of marriage certificate U have.... ( green one is the one which allow U to work)

HQZ = sorry as i m not that qualify of eea2 cases to reply ur question ,,,,may be other will reply soon..

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Wed May 20, 2009 2:53 am

Hello yemco,

i got married in UK n my wife is Polish national.

i received CoA after waiting roughly 7 weeks.I m not sure how many types there are for this CoA as it states on mine that, I m free to live n work in UK...........

i know its a bit harsh, but as far my judgment says dont risk it to start working unless u allowed to do so.

i dont know what visa u r on...

good luck anyways

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Wed May 20, 2009 4:26 am

yuppppppp

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 pm

[quote="pdykid"]30th Sep 2008 Applied for EEA2

16th Oct 2008 Received Certificate of Application

25th Feb 2009 returned our passports for our essential travel

6th May 2009 Complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

9th May 2009 received a letter from HO, apologies and case worker is assigned to look into it.

11th May 2009 Received letter from Case worker asking for our passport and additional documents (latest salary slips or Employer letter of applicant “that’s meâ€

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Fri May 22, 2009 10:23 am

Hi all,

Today morning I received my passports from HO with RC for 5 years. Valid till 2014, note says that “Employment and Business activity allowedâ€

FlightlessKiwi
Newly Registered

Post by FlightlessKiwi » Sat May 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Dear fellow trapped EEA partners

Reading this thread has really provided some cause for optimism in this most bizarre situation. It’s motivated me to post my own story for what its worth. I have to admit that until I’d read these latest posts I have been anticipating being imprisoned here for at least 10 months. I am a New Zealander married to a Dutch citizen. We have been living and working in the UK for several years. For the first 2 years we made it work by renewing my Family Permit every six months in Amsterdam. That just seemed better than being stuck here for months while they processed a RC application. That was fine until late last year when they suddenly stopped processing these family permits over the counter 1 day before my appointment. I only found this out when I travelled all the way to Amsterdam and queued for an hour at the embassy. They hadn’t bothered notifying those with VAF5 appointments which was nice. Returning back to the UK without the permit resulted in much grief at the border. I just got the wrong guy. Despite being with my EEA wife and having our marriage certificate they made it very difficult including formally slapping a detention notice on me. We vigorously debated with him which probably didn't help either. They eventually let us though as they effectively have to but it was so unpleasant I wouldn’t risk it again without a valid FP or RC. I then renewed my New Zealand passport because it was about to expire and immediately lodged an EEA2 application. My dates as follows:

4th Dec 2008 Applied for EEA2

10th Jan 2009 Received Certificate of Application

The six month limit is coming up in two weeks and I will be emailing a formal complaint to the HO a nanosecond after that date. I included our passports in the original application because my FP had expired so they weren't a lot of use to us anyway. My COA included information for employers and my employer had no problem with it. I think the fact the HO have deliberately blanked out all their contact details on the COA (except specifically for employers) and there is no application number says it all. It’s a pathetic mess.
Last edited by FlightlessKiwi on Sun May 24, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Sun May 24, 2009 5:18 am

good luck kiwi..was brave move to come down without FP or RC...hopefully things wil be fine soon for u...cheers