ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting the cert of naturalisation after declaration made

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marialear

Getting the cert of naturalisation after declaration made

Post by marialear » Tue May 19, 2009 10:26 am

Hi all,

I'm sure some of you have touched on this before, but I just need some quick answers if anyone has them out there?

Been trying to phone the Tipp office as it is supposed to be open Today/Thurs 10-12:30 but all I get is a quick, busy tone that sounds like call did not go through. The crowd in Dublin say that the only numbers they have for them and Eircom reports no fault with line....sigh.....

Made my declaration before District Court last week and now have to send in docs to get the cert of naturalisation. I want to make sure I get this right 1st time so - what is the Original Travel Document? Read on some posts that they don't mean passport and that this is specific to refugees - is this correct?

How long does it take to get the certificate as we have to go over to England in July and I'll need my GNIB card for passport control to get back into Ireland.

Thanks all for ur help!
M

pahadia
Ireland

Re: Getting the cert of naturalisation after declaration mad

Post by pahadia » Tue May 19, 2009 10:32 am

marialear wrote:Hi all,

How long does it take to get the certificate as we have to go over to England in July and I'll need my GNIB card for passport control to get back into Ireland.

Thanks all for ur help!
M
Friend of mine has send all his docs at the end of March and me in first week of April. We both are still waiting for naturalization certs.Give yourself ample time I would say 8-10 weeks before u see that much awaited cert

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Tue May 19, 2009 11:15 am

The Cert is supposed to be officially issued within 30 (calendar) days, but some here have quoted up to 6 weeks.

After the Certificate of Naturalisation is issued, INIS does not return your GNIB card, as its no longer relevant. (re: your previous Stamp 4 status is now superseded by Irish citizenship).
Naturally u're free to apply for an Irish Passport.
However, if you insist on travelling on your non-Irish passport, then officially, you will need to go into INIS and get a Stamp 6 in that Foreign passport and a new GNIB card showing Stamp 6.

And Yes, The Travel Document only refers to a special document given only to Refugees / or those granted Asylum in the State.

marialear

Post by marialear » Wed May 20, 2009 10:15 am

Hey guys - thanks for the replies. Sent it all reg post yesterday - we'll see! :)

Best regards
M