ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What all benefits/tax credits we can claim after getting ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

What all benefits/tax credits we can claim after getting ILR

Post by dhavaluk » Wed May 20, 2009 9:28 am

Hi guys,

I will be getting my ILR (from HSMP) next month. I am working and earning above 30,000, my wife doesn't work and has never worked. We have two children. Now, my question is, what all benefits (not interested in housing benefit) and/or tax credits can we claim, e.g. CTC, WTC, etc. and whether my wife is eligible for any benefits as she can't work because of our children, one is going to full time school and other is due to start nursery education in September.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: What all benefits/tax credits we can claim after getting

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 20, 2009 9:45 am

dhavaluk wrote:Hi guys,

I will be getting my ILR (from HSMP) next month. I am working and earning above 30,000, my wife doesn't work and has never worked. We have two children. Now, my question is, what all benefits (not interested in housing benefit) and/or tax credits can we claim, e.g. CTC, WTC, etc. and whether my wife is eligible for any benefits as she can't work because of our children, one is going to full time school and other is due to start nursery education in September.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
http://entitledto.org
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....