ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings: 12 months within 15 months?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Edo

Earnings: 12 months within 15 months?

Post by Edo » Wed May 20, 2009 10:56 am

Dear all

I have an appointment at UKBA on 15th June to apply for Tier 1 (General) in person. With regards to Previous Income, I want to use income which I earned during the last financial year i.e. April 2008 – March 2009. I am hoping that it’s OK to do so as per the rules:

“Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must fall within the 15 months before your application.â€

psdesai
BANNED

Re: Earnings: 12 months within 15 months?

Post by psdesai » Wed May 20, 2009 10:59 am

I am in same situation please reply anyone?

Thanks

PS are you going to show P60 rather then pay slips?
[quote="Edo"]Dear all

I have an appointment at UKBA on 15th June to apply for Tier 1 (General) in person. With regards to Previous Income, I want to use income which I earned during the last financial year i.e. April 2008 – March 2009. I am hoping that it’s OK to do so as per the rules:

“Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must fall within the 15 months before your application.â€

Edo

Post by Edo » Wed May 20, 2009 11:11 am

psdesai wrote: PS are you going to show P60 rather then pay slips?
I have both Payslips as well as P60.

Did you also go overdrawn? And are you also maintaining funds in a seperate accounts?

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed May 20, 2009 11:19 am

I have overdraw faclilty but havent gone overdrawn yet. My maintainance funds is in same account.
I am thinking of showing P60 instead of payslips?

I also have following query I will really appriciate if you (or anyone on this forum) can reflect your thoughts on this:

My salary slip shows name as J Smith while my bank statement shows a John W Smith. Do you think this will be a problem? I heard someone have changed their name on bank details so statement reflect name same as salary slip. If I do that then I'll have J Smith on both Salary slip and bank statement! Does any one think having short name on bank statement and salary slip can be a problem?

I am a bit worried about this becouse last thing you want when go there and expect something unexpected :|

My thanks for the help in advance.

Edo wrote:
psdesai wrote: PS are you going to show P60 rather then pay slips?
I have both Payslips as well as P60.

Did you also go overdrawn? And are you also maintaining funds in a seperate accounts?

Edo

Post by Edo » Wed May 20, 2009 11:25 am

psdesai wrote:I have overdraw faclilty but havent gone overdrawn yet.

Then I dont think we are in the 'same situation' like you said in your reply.
psdesai wrote: My salary slip shows name as J Smith while my bank statement shows a John W Smith. Do you think this will be a problem?

If your real name is really a simple English name as J W Smith then I dont think you will have problems. Hope it helps.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed May 20, 2009 12:15 pm

What I ment that I am also applying in person in June. (btw which PEO office are you going to apply?). Now as I am thinking of showing P60 instead of salary slips until May 2009 I assumed you are also thinking of doing same (apologies for the confustion). This is the reason why I said "same situation"
Thanks
Edo wrote:

psdesai wrote: My salary slip shows name as J Smith while my bank statement shows a John W Smith. Do you think this will be a problem?

If your real name is really a simple English name as J W Smith then I dont think you will have problems. Hope it helps.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed May 20, 2009 12:36 pm

[quote="Edo"]Dear all

Edo

Post by Edo » Wed May 20, 2009 12:39 pm

psdesai wrote: (btw which PEO office are you going to apply?).
Sheffield
psdesai wrote: Now as I am thinking of showing P60 instead of salary slips until May 2009 I assumed you are also thinking of doing same (apologies for the confustion).
Well, I'll include P60 just as a precaution which proves my income only between April 2008 and March 2009 (UK tax year). Theres no P60 that covers you until May, may be you are talking about some other tax document.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed May 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Sorry I am talking about the same document and I know its between April 2 March. I think I have made a confustion while typing ... sorry.

I think P60 is safe option as well but if someone can specify that people applying in June can show income proff from April 2008 to March 2009 that would be great.

Edo wrote:
psdesai wrote: (btw which PEO office are you going to apply?).
Sheffield
psdesai wrote: Now as I am thinking of showing P60 instead of salary slips until May 2009 I assumed you are also thinking of doing same (apologies for the confustion).
Well, I'll include P60 just as a precaution which proves my income only between April 2008 and March 2009 (UK tax year). Theres no P60 that covers you until May, may be you are talking about some other tax document.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed May 20, 2009 3:23 pm

psdesai wrote:What I ment that I am also applying in person in June. (btw which PEO office are you going to apply?). Now as I am thinking of showing P60 instead of salary slips until May 2009 I assumed you are also thinking of doing same (apologies for the confustion). This is the reason why I said "same situation"
Thanks
Edo wrote:

Lets make it easy... Dont show P60 cuz it only makes your case complicated... if u have payslips then its the best option... regarding your name its fine u dont need to change it.....
12 months in last 15 months thats the rule to follow...
your interview is in june so thats gonna be the 15th month therefore u r fine.....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Edo

Post by Edo » Wed May 20, 2009 6:17 pm

yasa wrote: 12 months in last 15 months thats the rule to follow...
your interview is in june so thats gonna be the 15th month therefore u r fine.....
And how about the overdrawn amount in my current account which I've got to show to prove salary transactions Yasa?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed May 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Edo wrote:
yasa wrote: 12 months in last 15 months thats the rule to follow...
And how about the overdrawn amount in my current account which I've got to show to prove salary transactions Yasa?
Not a problem as long as u r fine in your maintenance for last 3 months its not a problem......
If u r sending other statement for your maintenance funds then do describe it properly in your cover letter...
rest all good
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Edo if you are director or shareholder than take an accountant letter with you,as it helps to get it done same day,dont hide if u r director from HO as they can see from company house if you are owner,i have seen your post regarding company directorship.
otherwise all looks fine in ur case.

Edo

Post by Edo » Wed May 20, 2009 10:05 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Edo if you are director or shareholder than take an accountant letter with you,as it helps to get it done same day,dont hide if u r director from HO as they can see from company house if you are owner,i have seen your post regarding company directorship.
Think you are taking me for someone else. I am not a director (would be great if I was).

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi Sscot,

I am director of my company and provided salary slips of employee to HO. The fact is director is also an employee of the company who receive salary or renumeration in some form or other for consultation(part time or full time).

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Edo if you are director or shareholder than take an accountant letter with you,as it helps to get it done same day,dont hide if u r director from HO as they can see from company house if you are owner,i have seen your post regarding company directorship.

uvalue

Re: Earnings: Difference in name

Post by uvalue » Wed May 20, 2009 11:36 pm

Lets make it easy... Dont show P60 cuz it only makes your case complicated... if u have payslips then its the best option... regarding your name its fine u dont need to change it.....12 months in last 15 months thats the rule to follow...

Hello Everyone,

I have a query on changing name. There is a small mistake in my name with my Bank:

Name on Passport: Kamran Ahmad
Name on Pay Slips: Kamran Ahmad

Name on Bank statement: Kamran Ahmed

So there is difference of one alphabet in my second name.

Should I change my name with bank or it is ok???????

Thanks in Advance

Regard's

Edo

Re: Earnings: Difference in name

Post by Edo » Thu May 21, 2009 9:02 am

uvalue wrote:
Name on Passport: Kamran Ahmad
Name on Pay Slips: Kamran Ahmad

Name on Bank statement: Kamran Ahmed

So there is difference of one alphabet in my second name.

Should I change my name with bank or it is ok???????

Thanks in Advance

Regard's
You should have changed it yesterday.

kishorechowdary

Post by kishorechowdary » Thu May 21, 2009 9:44 am

Hi Guys

Recently i got my Tier1 visa.

This is what i have done.

I came to Uk on wp on feb 1st 2008 & my salary is 30k per anum.

But i needed 35 points in my previous earnings section to get the total 75 points.

So to get that this is what i have done.

I showed Jan 2008 salary which i got in india which is 80K per month.
I applied the uplif ratio & got the required 35 points in previous earning section.

So i have used Jan2008(india salary80k with uplift ratio)+feb 2008 to dec 2008.

1 month India Salary+11 months Uk salary.

I applied on march 27 2009 just 3 days before new rules come to picture.

So finally i used 12 months earnings which will fall in the last 15 month period.

I hope this will help somebody.

Thanx & Regards

Kishore Chowdary

Edo

Post by Edo » Thu May 21, 2009 10:32 am

kishorechowdary wrote:Hi Guys

But i needed 35 points in my previous earnings section to get the total 75 points.

I applied the uplif ratio & got the required 35 points in previous earning section.

So finally i used 12 months earnings which will fall in the last 15 month period.

Thanx & Regards

Kishore Chowdary
Thanks a lot for this Kishore

kishorechowdary

Post by kishorechowdary » Thu May 21, 2009 11:00 am

Edo wrote:
kishorechowdary wrote:Hi Guys

Thanx & Regards

Kishore Chowdary
Thanks a lot for this Kishore
Hi Edo

Before applying i was not sure that this correct or not even though it looks right theory wise.

So i contacted a immigration lawyer & she confirmed me that its correct.
She charged me 90 pounds + vat= 110 for one hour consultation.It helped me gain confidence that i am doing right.

After that i applied & got my visa.

BTW Best of Luck to you with your application.

Thanx & Regards

Kishore Chowdary

Edo

Post by Edo » Wed May 27, 2009 8:51 pm

[quote="Edo"]Dear all