ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding up Appeal Implementation

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teeboy77
Newly Registered

Speeding up Appeal Implementation

Post by teeboy77 » Wed May 20, 2009 7:58 pm

Does anyone on here know if it is possible to contact the Appeal Implementation Team and ask them to speed the VISA up as my wedding is in 04 weeks.
Can anything be done as i don't want to be missing from my own wedding?

Any phone or fax numbers for the appeal implementation team?

Wise men and women on here, please help.

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi there,

I was told by my solicitor it might take on average 8 weeks from the hearing date for the visa to be issued.

However, watch out. On the AIT website there is an expanation that even if the HO accepts the outcome of the appeal, it still may refuse to issue a visa if there is an additional material evidence that has come to light after the decision was made and which was not presented to the judge. Therefore, it is likely that the HO could try to dig out more evidence by checking previously submitted documents or even by doing more checks.

Therefore, it is 50 / 50 again. And you can never be sure which information the HO holds for you.

Vinata

teeboy77
Newly Registered

Post by teeboy77 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Are you serious?
Well, I don't think i have any problems. However, i believe that they have 5 days to appeal against the initial decision within 5 days. If they don't appeal against it, then they can't appeal against the ruling afterwards.
Please send me the link where it says they can look at further evidence.

Also, are you saying that i cannot contact them and ask for the decision to be speeded up?
My wedding is coming up for heaven's sake!
Are these people human beings or aliens?

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed May 20, 2009 8:27 pm

teeboy77
Newly Registered

Post by teeboy77 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Thank you.
That section is with regards to Entry Clearance as it refers to the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO). The appeallant isn't yet in the country and the ECO may still exert discretion on the issuance of a VISA should sufficient evidence come to light.
However in a case where the appeallant is already in the country, it is not the ECO who handles the case and as thus, i would suspect that if they want to appeal the initial decision, they have to do so within 5 days or forget about appealing against it.
The decision of the court supercedes theirs and hence that is why it is the TRIBUNAL.

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed May 20, 2009 8:57 pm

You could be right.

However, if there is an additional evidence that suggests that someone used deception, for example, i think the HO can still refuse to issue a visa. Although, i am not 100% sure.

Maybe someone else can advice?

teeboy77
Newly Registered

Post by teeboy77 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:03 pm

I think to an extent, you are right but one would have to have presented a forged document or something of that nature.