ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO starts taking ILR appointments for 4year-HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smartwave

Post by smartwave » Tue May 19, 2009 10:52 am

HSMP1+3+1 wrote:I called today at your given number but could not contact directly to any officer for appoint. Instead I had been listening recording telling what details are available on website. At the end recorded machine asked to press 1 to get deails about your application or press 2 for any general inquires... After 15 mins I had been contacted to some one and there was no appoint available.....

Thanks for your help.

HSMP 1+3+3
shahidsuri wrote:I called at exact 9.00 and the lady said no appointments are available.. I called again twice and at both instances the person said they have not received any policy documents and can't give appointments on the basis of old rules.
did they tell you if you can book appt based on 4 years if there were appt slot available?

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Tue May 19, 2009 11:01 am

[quote="Sten"]Nope. Was told need to wait till 20/22 ..[/quote]

I got the same reply. Called twice. First I was told that they could not give appointments for the 4 year HSMP. On the second call I was told that they will start to issue appointments on 22 May depending on what the policy document allows.

How far ahead can you book an appointment normallu. My passport will be away for a visa applications in May/June and I have some travel in June/early July. Do they give an option to book appointments after a more than a month. I would like to book my slot now to minimise the delay.

Thanks

HSMP1+3+1

Post by HSMP1+3+1 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:10 am

Before I give him details about 4 or 5 years ILR he promptly said there are no appointments except in Glasgow which I didn't want so I simply refused. No idea if they are accepting 4 years ILRs ???

did they tell you if you can book appt based on 4 years if there were appt slot available?[/quote]

smartwave

Post by smartwave » Tue May 19, 2009 11:32 am

HSMP1+3+1 wrote:did they tell you if you can book appt based on 4 years if there were appt slot available?

Yes, they both asked me the following questions:
1. do you apply based on HSMP 4 years or 5 years.
I told them 4 years.
2. they they asked: when do u finish your 4 years?
I said I finished my 4 years in Jan this year.

Then they started booking my appt.

Anyway, I was over the moon yesterday when I hang up the phone.

shahidsuri

Post by shahidsuri » Tue May 19, 2009 2:53 pm

I have read on another forum that postal application are dealt within 4-5 weeks. If that's the case, it is quicker to apply by post considering the in-person takes 6 weeks.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue May 19, 2009 10:28 pm

shahidsuri wrote:I have read on another forum that postal application are dealt within 4-5 weeks. If that's the case, it is quicker to apply by post considering the in-person takes 6 weeks.
... which forum is that please?

Soko_Mukanya
Newly Registered

Post by Soko_Mukanya » Tue May 19, 2009 11:00 pm

shahidsuri wrote:I have read on another forum that postal application are dealt within 4-5 weeks. If that's the case, it is quicker to apply by post considering the in-person takes 6 weeks.

Shahidsuri,

Which forum is this and do you have the detail?

shahidsuri

Post by shahidsuri » Wed May 20, 2009 12:15 am

Soko_Mukanya wrote:

Shahidsuri,

Few people reported some postal ILR timelines:
http://www.ukresident.com/forums/indefi ... 67333.html

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 am

update: no objection to 4 yrs, but no appointments available anywhere in the UK
Good luck !

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Wed May 20, 2009 9:20 am

Just called and she told me no appointment availabe in May and June. I got appointment in Sheffield in the first week of July.

She accepted 4 years ILR case.
She asked for LIUK test and I informed JR impliment policy of HO. She doesnt know about it ! :shock:
She asked when my visa will be expired and how many dependents.

One thing: She didnt ask my dependents name and DoB. They will accompany with me. So its okey for me ? Any idea , please ?

Thanks.
Last edited by willnotbackHSMP on Wed May 20, 2009 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed May 20, 2009 9:24 am

Called up at 0859 and the only way to book an appointment is to be open to any location in the UK or else they are fully booked. I got 01/07 in Sheffield.

At least they are now confirming that PEO is available under the 4 year rule. Still asking for the LIUK though. I though that had been waived.

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed May 20, 2009 9:44 am

willnotbackHSMP wrote: I got appointment in Sheffield in the first week of July.
Which date was it, the 1st ? July suits me well, by they said they were releasing appointments on a day by day basis, e.g. appointments for 1 July today, tomorrow that would be the 2nd of July.

Ideally I need one after the 6th of July, does that mean I have to start calling them from the coming Monday ?

p.s. They also mentioned they have different kinds of appointments, some for single applicants, some for applicants with dependents

p.p.s. Was asked for LIUK too, not an issue for me though ...
Good luck !

Soko_Mukanya
Newly Registered

Post by Soko_Mukanya » Wed May 20, 2009 9:44 am

Just booked 1st July in Liverpool. All other centres are full apparently and 2nd July appointments will be only be taken tomorrow.

Case workers have not been updated on the HSMP JR policy document issued yesterday. They still ask for LUIK test for yourself and dependents and they are not aware of the refund policy if you paid for a 2nd extension already.

Good news is that we are moving in the right direction now.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Wed May 20, 2009 10:07 am

Soko_Mukanya wrote:Just booked 1st July in Liverpool. All other centres are full apparently and 2nd July appointments will be only be taken tomorrow.

Case workers have not been updated on the HSMP JR policy document issued yesterday. They still ask for LUIK test for yourself and dependents and they are not aware of the refund policy if you paid for a 2nd extension already.

Just a matter of days, they will all get it into their systems...unfortunately, there is noting anyone of them can do at this point to deny you of an appointment even if you don't have the LIUK test.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Wed May 20, 2009 10:19 am

Soko_Mukanya wrote:Just booked 1st July in Liverpool. All other centres are full apparently and 2nd July appointments will be only be taken tomorrow.

Hi Mukanya

Did they take particulars of your dependents ?

Filipinas

Post by Filipinas » Wed May 20, 2009 11:19 am

I am just wondering if you apply through PEO and have all the pertinent documents, would they be handing you your stamped passport before you leave the office or it would be posted back within 24 hours OR would you have to wait for weeks to get it back?

Just need to clarify before setting an appointment as my family and I are travelling in August. If it's a speedy return of passport then we won't have any issues.

Thanks for those who would reply.
Filipinas

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Wed May 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Filipinas wrote:I am just wondering if you apply through PEO and have all the pertinent documents, would they be handing you your stamped passport before you leave the office or it would be posted back within 24 hours OR would you have to wait for weeks to get it back?

Just need to clarify before setting an appointment as my family and I are travelling in August. If it's a speedy return of passport then we won't have any issues.

Thanks for those who would reply.
Filipinas
.. if your application is considered straight-forward, you will get everything back same day.

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Wed May 20, 2009 4:37 pm

shahidsuri wrote:
Soko_Mukanya wrote:

Shahidsuri,

shahidsuri, that link didn't lead me anywhere. Could you re-post?

Soko_Mukanya
Newly Registered

Post by Soko_Mukanya » Wed May 20, 2009 6:49 pm

willnotbackHSMP wrote:

Hi Mukanya

Did they take particulars of your dependents ?
Hi willnobackhsmp (very apt name!),
They didn't ask for dependent details, just how many will be applying at the same time as me.

shahidsuri

Post by shahidsuri » Wed May 20, 2009 7:00 pm

kiwi_in_the_uk wrote:
shahidsuri wrote:
Soko_Mukanya wrote:

Shahidsuri,

You have to register on that website mate. or else you can google 'ilr postal timeline' and select the 'cached' option to view the page.

bbkaran

UK Absence period

Post by bbkaran » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 pm

In the settlement application form there is a question about the length of absence from UK during the last 4-years. Is there a minimum time one need to spend within UK?
[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Wed May 20, 2009 9:26 pm

My reading of the ILR JR is that we do not need english language and life in the UK certificates. Could anyone please confirm?

Also do we need to take our dependents to PEO on the appointment date?
Or just the docs will do?

Thanks
Spartac wrote:Called up at 0859 and the only way to book an appointment is to be open to any location in the UK or else they are fully booked. I got 01/07 in Sheffield.

At least they are now confirming that PEO is available under the 4 year rule. Still asking for the LIUK though. I though that had been waived.
[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: UK Absence period

Post by f2k » Wed May 20, 2009 9:49 pm

bbkaran wrote:In the settlement application form there is a question about the length of absence from UK during the last 4-years. Is there a minimum time one need to spend within UK?
A total of 6 months according to the guidance notes back in the day.

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 am

shahidsuri wrote:
kiwi_in_the_uk wrote:
shahidsuri wrote:
Soko_Mukanya wrote:

Shahidsuri,

You have to register on that website mate. or else you can google 'ilr postal timeline' and select the 'cached' option to view the page.
Yeah I tried that - couldn't get in. Was it basically recent applicants having quick approval times?

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Appointment at PEO

Post by justice_will_reign » Thu May 21, 2009 9:37 am

Did anyone got an appointment today? I was on the phone from 9:00 till about 9:35 before being told sorry no more appointment for today call back tomorrow. Same thing yesterday, am I the only one getting this kind of response from this stupid people? Can't just imagine how much money I've spent on phone bill already!!!