ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Going back to India due to recession- Consequences?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sukhpreet Singh
Newly Registered

URGENT - Going back to India due to recession- Consequences?

Post by Sukhpreet Singh » Wed May 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi
I got a tier 1 visa from feb 2009 till 2012. I arrived in the UK on 2nd march. Now I have to go back to india due to ramp down in the onsite team. And I could not find any job in the UK.

If I go back, then what is the maximum time period I can come back.
And also what consequences, I have to face while extending the visa after 3 years?

Regards
SS

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT - Going back to India due to recession- Consequen

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 20, 2009 10:14 pm

I think you can come back anytime while your visa is valid.
Sukhpreet Singh wrote:Hi
I got a tier 1 visa from feb 2009 till 2012. I arrived in the UK on 2nd march. Now I have to go back to india due to ramp down in the onsite team. And I could not find any job in the UK.

If I go back, then what is the maximum time period I can come back.
And also what consequences, I have to face while extending the visa after 3 years?

Regards
SS

Sukhpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Sukhpreet Singh » Wed May 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks for ur reply.

But I have heard that immigration officer might ask questions on my such a long stay outside the UK. And if he is not happy with the answer then he send people back to india :(

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Never heard of any such case. The sole reason for you to get Tier 1 is to get a job in UK. If immigratino officer sends you back then it defies the whole purpose of the visa category.Do you know anybody who was denied entry or read in this forum? I would doubt it.
Sukhpreet Singh wrote:Thanks for ur reply.

But I have heard that immigration officer might ask questions on my such a long stay outside the UK. And if he is not happy with the answer then he send people back to india :(

kishorechowdary

Post by kishorechowdary » Thu May 21, 2009 9:32 am

Hi

I am also in a similar situation.recently i too got a tier1 visa.

I am planning to go to India as i lost my job.

My friend warned me if i stay more than 90 days outside Uk my tier1 becomes invalid & i have to apply for a fresh visa.

Can any body please let me know if this correct or not.

Thanx & Regards

Kishore Chowdary

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 21, 2009 10:40 am

Not really Kishore.

I think what your friend meant was if you spent more than continous 90 days outside UK, your ILR period will get reset. You may, in that case, need to spend another 5 year to get ILR.

kishorechowdary wrote:Hi

My friend warned me if i stay more than 90 days outside Uk my tier1 becomes invalid & i have to apply for a fresh visa.

Thanx & Regards

Kishore Chowdary

kishorechowdary

Post by kishorechowdary » Thu May 21, 2009 10:53 am

chetanojha wrote:Not really Kishore.

I think what your friend meant was if you spent more than continous 90 days outside UK, your ILR period will get reset. You may, in that case, need to spend another 5 year to get ILR.

kishorechowdary wrote:Hi

Thanx & Regards

Kishore Chowdary
HI chetanojha

Thanx for the clarification.

Kishore Chowdary

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:01 pm

If you stay out of UK more than 90 days continuously,your tier1 or hsmp effectively becomes useless as you cant enter again then on this visa. No chance of extension at all. Do some research on HO website and you will get the proof.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu May 21, 2009 1:07 pm

wp2tier1 wrote:If you stay out of UK more than 90 days continuously,your tier1 or hsmp effectively becomes useless as you cant enter again then on this visa. No chance of extension at all. Do some research on HO website and you will get the proof.
Pls provide the link.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu May 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Thats a news to me.. can you please provide the link ?
wp2tier1 wrote:If you stay out of UK more than 90 days continuously,your tier1 or hsmp effectively becomes useless as you cant enter again then on this visa. No chance of extension at all. Do some research on HO website and you will get the proof.

ashokccs

Post by ashokccs » Thu May 21, 2009 2:18 pm

nksg wrote:Thats a news to me.. can you please provide the link ?
Hi Everyone,

fyi; if going for the British citizenship after the ILR this rule do apply, but not before that... i.e. one cannot be out of UK for more than 90 days in the last 12 months and not more than 450 days in the last 5 years before you could apply for naturalisation (Citizenship)
Pls refer to the below link for more clarity,

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishci ... uirements/

hope this helps,
Ash.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 21, 2009 2:35 pm

We talked about if a person can enter in UK or not (on Tier 1 Visa) after spending 90 days outside UK.

Looks like you have mixed two different things.

ashokccs wrote:
Hi Everyone,

fyi; if going for the British citizenship after the ILR this rule do apply, but not before that... i.e. one cannot be out of UK for more than 90 days in the last 12 months and not more than 450 days in the last 5 years before you could apply for naturalisation (Citizenship)

hope this helps,
Ash.

Sukhpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Sukhpreet Singh » Thu May 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi,

I have again heard from 2 more people that if you don't come back within 3 months then it becomes invalid. I am shocked....

The home office doesn't picks the phone, so not able to confirm from them....

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu May 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Sukhpreet Singh wrote:Hi,

I have again heard from 2 more people that if you don't come back within 3 months then it becomes invalid. I am shocked....

The home office doesn't picks the phone, so not able to confirm from them....
Thats not true.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Fri May 22, 2009 12:06 am

Not it's not true at all. The visa is valid until it expires.

ashokccs

Post by ashokccs » Fri May 22, 2009 8:22 am

Chetanojha, it is evident from my post that one can enter UK even after spending 90 days outside UK.

Guess it is clear now.

Thanks,
Ash.
chetanojha wrote:We talked about if a person can enter in UK or not (on Tier 1 Visa) after spending 90 days outside UK.

ashokccs wrote:
Hi Everyone,

hope this helps,
Ash.

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Fri May 22, 2009 11:30 am

you can enter any time in UK until the expiry of your VISA.

Still waiting for the link from wp2tier1 that states that a Tier-1 Visa expires if someone stays more than 90 days out of UK.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri May 22, 2009 11:43 am

Ashokccs,

Can you please read the posts above. Thats exactly what everybody is saying about Tier 1 including me. But what you said was for ILR and not for Tier 1.
Guess is is clear now.
ashokccs wrote:Chetanojha, it is evident from my post that one can enter UK even after spending 90 days outside UK.

Guess it is clear now.

Thanks,
Ash.
chetanojha wrote:We talked about if a person can enter in UK or not (on Tier 1 Visa) after spending 90 days outside UK.

ashokccs wrote:
Hi Everyone,

hope this helps,
Ash.