ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent visa query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dima
Member of Standing

Tier 1 dependent visa query

Post by dima » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:29 am

Hi.

I got My tier1 visa 2 months back( Primary Applicant). After that, I travelled to London for 20 days, now I am back to India.
Now, I wish to make an application for my Spouse and kid under dependent visa after few days as they would be completeing their 3 monts of funds maintenece( 1600+1600 GBP).

I still dont have a job in UK. Having or Not having job in the uk, effect appoval of depenedt visa.?

If I am in India and do not have a UK job , do I have to still show 2800 GBP funds along with my dependts funds(1600+1600 GBP)?.

Regards,
dima.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa query

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:46 am

Not having job will not affect your dependent application.

dima wrote:Hi.

I got My tier1 visa 2 months back( Primary Applicant). After that, I travelled to London for 20 days, now I am back to India.
Now, I wish to make an application for my Spouse and kid under dependent visa after few days as they would be completeing their 3 monts of funds maintenece( 1600+1600 GBP).

I still dont have a job in UK. Having or Not having job in the uk, effect appoval of depenedt visa.?

If I am in India and do not have a UK job , do I have to still show 2800 GBP funds along with my dependts funds(1600+1600 GBP)?.

Regards,
dima.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa query

Post by push » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:22 am

dima wrote:If I am in India and do not have a UK job , do I have to still show 2800 GBP funds along with my dependts funds(1600+1600 GBP)?.
Contrary to what many other members say (and have even got VISA approval without providing evidence of availability of maintenance funds for the main applicant, after having been granted VISA + some have produced emails from UKBA validating their stand) , I would say you need to show sufficient funds for yourself as well because that is the spirit of the rule i.e. one does not use the same funds for his/her dependents.
Last edited by push on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:39 am

Tx push_HSMP,

your answer to my query is as convincing as your way of presenting it.

we are impressed!!..
Real guru!!

Cheers!!
dima

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:49 am

Have edited my response for clarity. Though not sure if your comments should be taken as sarcasm or expression of gratitude (I do not have developed faculties in this regard). In any case if you need any clarification, please post your concern and someone on the board will definitely help you.
regards,
push

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:55 am

No sacasm dude.. we really impressed with the way u put it.. specially my hubby.. :P

Tx for your comments..

Cheers!!
dima.

juiyogesh
Newly Registered

Post by juiyogesh » Sat May 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying for Tier 1 dependent visa in June2009. My husband(main applicant) is already in UK but he is searching for a job.
In this case what details should I fill in the section 7 (job details) of the VAF10 form?

Also, while applying for dependent visa for myself how much funds should be maintained?
2800GBP maintained for the main applicant + 1600GBP for myself
OR
1600 GBP for myself is enough? (since the main applicant is in UK for more than 3 months)

Any idea about the above 2 doubts?

Thanks,
JuiYM

Pacman#1
Newly Registered

Post by Pacman#1 » Sat May 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi,

Does your visa say "dependents 0"? I got my visa yesterday and it says dependents 0 as I did not apply for my family.

I intend to apply for my family now, so my question is will there be a change in my visa as well?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Pacman#1 wrote:Hi,

Does your visa say "dependents 0"? I got my visa yesterday and it says dependents 0 as I did not apply for my family.

I intend to apply for my family now, so my question is will there be a change in my visa as well?
Thats ok. Its a standard practice whether or not you apply with your dependents.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 09, 2009 4:46 pm

juiyogesh wrote:Hi All,

I will be applying for Tier 1 dependent visa in June2009. My husband(main applicant) is already in UK but he is searching for a job.
In this case what details should I fill in the section 7 (job details) of the VAF10 form?

Also, while applying for dependent visa for myself how much funds should be maintained?
2800GBP maintained for the main applicant + 1600GBP for myself
OR
1600 GBP for myself is enough? (since the main applicant is in UK for more than 3 months)

Any idea about the above 2 doubts?

Thanks,
JuiYM
Write N/A; If you want to play it really safe, use 2800+1600
regards,
push

mjmani

Do we need to submit Housing agreement for dependent appln?

Post by mjmani » Sun May 17, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi Friends,

I applied for Tier 1 and came to London in Feb 2009. Initially I applied only for myself. Now I intend to bring my wife & kid (both are in India). I have few questions regarding this. Kindly clarify.
1) I am planning to bring my wife & kid in July. They will apply in 1st week of July. Do I need to show proof of accommodation? If so, 1Bedroom House is sufficient or 2 Bedroom required?
2) How long is it taking for dependent visas in Chennai?
3) Do we need to show flight tickets? (I remember reading somewhere in UK visas that one should not confirm flight tickets prior to receiving visas since sometimes visas may get delayed).

This one is when traveling to UK.
1) Is Chest XRay required? I heard from some of my friends that it is required to prove that we don't have TB. Are they really checking at port of entry? I came thru Gatwick and no one asked me. But ppl coming thru Heathrow have taken it.

Thanks in advance
Best regards,
Mani

juiyogesh
Newly Registered

Post by juiyogesh » Mon May 18, 2009 7:45 am

Thanks for your reply Push_Hsmp!

I will be writting N/A for job details section of the VAF10 form.

About the maintenance funds, the main applicant is in UK for more than 3 months now. Hence the 2800GBP maintained in the main applicants bank account have been partially used for the initial expenses.

I am afraid, we wont be able to show 2800GBP for the main applicant.

Could you please advice on this?

Also while applying for my visa as a dependent , do I need to specify the current details about the main applicant? For example :- the date since he is in UK, his accomodation details etc. ?

Thanks and Regards,
Jui YM

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Dependent Extension query

Post by ITGraduate » Wed May 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Maintanence
Hi Guys,

Could someone confirm the following:

My wife is already here with me but she is in PSW visa, I am going for HSMP extension in 2 months

I am going to make her my dependent this time.

1- can she switch from PSW to HSMP dependent while in uk,

2- Regarding funds, I am showing 1500 pounds in my account for both of us, is that enough or do I have to show my wifes bank statement aswell?

3- Do they agree marriage certificate from India? ( in english) as a proof. Do I have to get it authorised somewhere here in uk?

4- required documents

Very confused, please help!!!! Home office werent useful atall in this regard

ManyThanks

Regards
Jafar

ganeshptrk

Re: Do we need to submit Housing agreement for dependent app

Post by ganeshptrk » Wed May 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi mjmani,
Answers to your questions from my very own experiences.
1. You need to show a proper accomodation proof. This should be ideally two evidences. One is rental agreement either with Landord or letting agency. The second one is a utility bill on your name. If your child is more than 1 year, per requirements in U.K you should have a 2 bed room house to avoid overcrowding. Otherwise single bedroom enough.
2. I applied in Chennai VFS for my dependents. It took 1 week or less for the decision. But it may vary.
3. No need to show flight tickets. Though I showed flight booking and requested the visa officer to consider the application as soon as possible and well before the travel date.
4. X-Ray. When I first came to U.K (alone), in Heathrow the person at immigration check said as I was here on a more than 6 months visa, I need to visit a health inspector in the aiport. I went there and the health inspector asked me if I have any recent X-RAY report. I said no. She took some details from me and said it is fine.

Hope this clarifies your questions.

mjmani wrote:Hi Friends,

I applied for Tier 1 and came to London in Feb 2009. Initially I applied only for myself. Now I intend to bring my wife & kid (both are in India). I have few questions regarding this. Kindly clarify.
1) I am planning to bring my wife & kid in July. They will apply in 1st week of July. Do I need to show proof of accommodation? If so, 1Bedroom House is sufficient or 2 Bedroom required?
2) How long is it taking for dependent visas in Chennai?
3) Do we need to show flight tickets? (I remember reading somewhere in UK visas that one should not confirm flight tickets prior to receiving visas since sometimes visas may get delayed).

This one is when traveling to UK.
1) Is Chest XRay required? I heard from some of my friends that it is required to prove that we don't have TB. Are they really checking at port of entry? I came thru Gatwick and no one asked me. But ppl coming thru Heathrow have taken it.

Thanks in advance

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed May 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks a lot Ganesh
Best regards,
Mani

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Post by sabeekj » Wed May 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi GUYS,

Im also waiting to apply for my wife as dependant in the first week of june and just wondering for the accomodation proof i have a tenancy agreement on my name along with 2 of my friends name for a 3 bedroom house and i have got a no objection letter from 2 of my friends.
DO you guys think will that be fine? or will there be any problem...

and the new agreement begins from 15 june 2009 though im living in the same house but currently its on only one of my friends name..

any suggestions..?

datastage152902
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Child Dependent Accompanying with the Main Applicant

Post by datastage152902 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi,
I had applied for Tier 1 General Dependents visa for my dependents Wife and One Year Old Son on 13th May.
In the section 7.2 , we had said that both the dependents will be joining Later and not accompanying with the Main Applicant.
Their visa have been approved and stamped on 18th May.

My Tier 1 - General Visa is stamped in Nov 2008 in US . I have never Visited UK since then.

My Name or my wife's name or passport number does not appear on the Childs UK Tier 1 General (Child) visa.
Does either of the parent name have to appear on the Child Visa ?

We wish to take the child with us on 8th June.
It means the Child can travel unaccompanied right ?

Please let us know this soon as our travel date is 8th June 2009

Many Thanks and Regards,
Datastage152902

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:34 am

Hi,

Applied for Tier1 (G) dep visa in June 09.
All Docs OK.
Just a small doubt : Do we need to submit the accomodatin proof? Is it mandatory?? Main Applicant still in India..

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:58 am

When the main applicant is in India, no need to submit accomodation proof.
But you have to take care you show the funds necessary
£2800 for main applicant, and £1600 for dependant applicant.
Even though you are applying for dependant, you have to have the cumulative amount in your bank.
dima wrote:Hi,

Applied for Tier1 (G) dep visa in June 09.
All Docs OK.
Just a small doubt : Do we need to submit the accomodatin proof? Is it mandatory?? Main Applicant still in India..
- Ramgsk

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:06 am

yeah!

We have 3200(GBP) for 3 months + 2800 GBP so Total 0f 6000
also, main applicant just visited the UK for 20 days. even then we need to show 2800GBP.?

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:18 am

yes, even then.
dima wrote:yeah!

also, main applicant just visited the UK for 20 days. even then we need to show 2800GBP.?
- Ramgsk

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:44 am

ramgsk wrote:yes, even then.
dima wrote:yeah!

Yeah!! we are showing total of 6000 GBP . Tx for u r answer.. :)

pvivekrao

Post by pvivekrao » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Please go through below link regarding funds..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf

tekkie
Newly Registered

Help Needed

Post by tekkie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Hello Friends

I need help Regarding Dependends ....

I am planning to apply General Tier 1 HSMP next week. Last three months i am maintainng sufficient funds = 2800 and less than 5000
I have Two Dependents so i am in less funds, they will reach to 6000 (2800 + 1600 + 1600) next two months.

Question:

1: can i apply alone now, once i get approval then will apply for dependents later?

A: If yes: howmuch funds do i need to show now. 2800 or 6000

AA: Bank statements - my bank will give 1-30 monthly but i have funds Apr 15 - Jul 15..is it ok if i apply on July 16, 2209

B: If yes: VAF9 form section 5a. what are the answers?
Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7
Yes / No / Not applicable

C: Please find the link. they updated June 16 , 2009 - Second Para - Important

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/in...

Advice please.... tekkie4@yahoo.com

Thanks
Kumar

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Best regards,
Mani