ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue May 19, 2009 10:42 am

Don't know how much I should believe this but it sounded very nice to my ears. So, here's the update from today:

I started calling at 10:00 on the dot and got through within 5 mins. But then waited for about 20 mins for an operator. Very nice lady, crosschecked my details and confirmed that everything from external agencies are back and looks good. File is now ready to be sent to Minister for approval this week. Show receive something within 4-6 weeks.

I mentioned to her that I'll be travelling and she advised to give an alternate address so that they can keep in touch. Has anyone been in that situation before and what are the options?

Cheers,

NI

capetown
Newly Registered

Post by capetown » Tue May 19, 2009 2:24 pm

NearlyIrish wrote: I started calling at 10:00 on the dot and got through within 5 mins. But then waited for about 20 mins for an operator. Very nice lady, crosschecked my details and confirmed that everything from external agencies are back and looks good. File is now ready to be sent to Minister for approval this week. Show receive something within 4-6 weeks.
I also called at 10:00 and got to speak to a nice lady at about 10:27, who told me the same: they have all my documents and my application is ready to be sent to the Minister for approval, which should take 4-6 weeks.

Here is my timeline:

Applied in April 2006
Request for docs in September 2008
Additional request for docs (tax clearance certificate) in March 2009

Biting my tongue and waiting...

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue May 19, 2009 3:14 pm

SHOCK, HORROR: INIS is shown to drag its feet.

But are *we* really surprised?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0519/immigration.html
The information included an email from a Department of Justice official dated 1 July 2008 which instructed 'Approval letters should NOT (emphasis in document) be issued until further notice. This is because of Regulations due to come into effect shortly, which will amend fees for Naturalisation certificates'.

[...]

Citizenship applications approved in 2008 show a marked drop in July after the email was sent and a dramatic increase in August after the increased fees are approved.

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Tue May 19, 2009 3:59 pm

sideshowsue wrote:SHOCK, HORROR: INIS is shown to drag its feet.

The information included an email from a Department of Justice official dated 1 July 2008 which instructed 'Approval letters should NOT (emphasis in document) be issued until further notice. This is because of Regulations due to come into effect shortly, which will amend fees for Naturalisation certificates'.

[...]

Citizenship applications approved in 2008 show a marked drop in July after the email was sent and a dramatic increase in August after the increased fees are approved.

Incredible!

''Immigration lawyers dealing with the Department have also told RTÉ that the number of people working in the citizenship section of the Dept of Justice is to be cut.''

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:48 pm

Speechless, but not at all surprised.

HSE

Post by HSE » Tue May 19, 2009 8:28 pm

congratulations, Nearly Irish, i would recommend you can change your name now to fully Irish :))

btw when did you apply your application. I have applied in nov 05 , got acknowledged in dec 05 then asked for affidavit in june 08 , returned back in 5 days. garda clearance gone since sept 08.
Fingers crossed.....

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue May 19, 2009 10:21 pm

To HSE...

I'm not breaking the champagne yet. Until I receive the naturalisation cert in my hands I won't be rejoicing.

My timelines as follows:

Applied in May 06
Ack in June 06
Birth affidavit, P21 and bank statements requested in Aug 08
Sent for Garda clearance in sept 08
Marriage cert requested in March 09
Sent for external agencies March 09
and 19th May 09 I am told that file is ready to be sent to the Minister. So, after exactly 36 months.

Fingers crossed, legs crossed, everything crossed.

kc
Newly Registered

Post by kc » Tue May 19, 2009 10:24 pm

sideshowsue wrote:

[...]

This is shocking to say the least.
Shows true miserable face of minister of "Justice".

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Tue May 19, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi all,

To God's glory, I am happy to inform you that my approval came today by registered mail. :lol: 8)

The journey has been very very very long, tedious, traumatic and annoying. But thank God, I have reached the end of the tunnel. :D

I have worked a long straight stretch for over 8 years, nevertheless no decision was made on my application through out. :x

My timelines are:
1999 Arrived Ireland.
Jan 2005 Applied for naturalisation based on 5 years residency (based on stamp 4 - IBC).
All documentation required submitted in late 2007.
Wrote letters and called DOJ 1 million times asking for updates, only got responses of 'still in process', 'awaiting Garda checks' & 'no decision yet'.
Jan 2009 was told Garda clearance was received a year ago, but became outdated.
14 May 2009 told it had gone to the minister for approval.
19 may 2009 received approval letter dated 18 May 2009.

Like a pregnant woman who gives birth, her overwhelming joy overshadows the stress and pains of pregnancy and labour. :lol: :D 8)

I wish all of you the very best and encourage you to not lose hope and faith. You will surely get your approvals too, in JESUS' name. :)

Cheers,

IrelandHopeful

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Wed May 20, 2009 12:17 am

To IrelandHopeful...

Painful journey indeed but your patience paid off.

Enjoy the rest of your life...well under gale winds and torrential rain :lol:

Seriously though....many many congrats.

To ALL...

I think by now we can join forces and write a book on Immigration in Ireland or even be advisers/consultants on immigration matters.

But what would be the best title for the book? I can see millions of copies being sold :P . Are you ready for the fortune? The competition is opened, make your submissions.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed May 20, 2009 12:40 am

Congratulations IrelandHopeful!!!

I hope the rest of us can share your joy soon. :)

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed May 20, 2009 9:25 am

Congratulations IrelandHopeful!!! Very glad for you!!

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed May 20, 2009 11:33 am

Congrats IrelandHopeful! Great news :)

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed May 20, 2009 11:47 am

Congrats Ireland Hopeful

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed May 20, 2009 12:01 pm

sideshowsue wrote:SHOCK, HORROR: INIS is shown to drag its feet.

[...]

Immigrant councils response - http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/press_detail.php?id=93

WantToBeIrish
Newly Registered

Marriage Affidavits format

Post by WantToBeIrish » Wed May 20, 2009 3:54 pm

I applied in May 2007 and married in 2008. Some one told me that DOJ usually asks for marriage Affidavits if they don’t satisfy with marriage certificate. So I decided to send them marriage certificate & affidavits before they ask me for this because I don’t want to give them any excuse of delaying. Could anyone plz tell wat kind of format for Affidavit DOJ wants ?

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Wed May 20, 2009 5:49 pm

I think I uploaded link to Birth & marriage Affidevit to this thread couple of months back...

cnu

Post by cnu » Wed May 20, 2009 5:56 pm

congratulations Ireland Hopeful, well done! I know what you r saying... its such a relieve innit? have a bash and good luck with the new baby ;)

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Wed May 20, 2009 8:44 pm

jhbmike wrote:Immigrant councils response - http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/press_detail.php?id=93
Good to see their response and delighted that they now also noted about 23 months being a total hoax. Would have been even better if they also zoomed on the issue of non-chronological processing of application, which for me is the most crooked trick of DOJ at the mo. Unfortunatelly, I m no longer sure if anybody other than immigrants themselves care anymore, which is exactly why the crooks get away with it.. Horrible...

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Wed May 20, 2009 10:03 pm

congratulations Ireland Hopeful and others...!

http://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/ GooD WatcH

Growing resentment towards immigrants

Part-1 Mike Milotte reports on increasing resentment towards immigrants as the Government prepares to introduce work permit restrictions

Part-2 Conor Lenihan, Minister for Immigration, and Siobhan O'Donoghue, Migrant Rights Centre Ireland, discuss the plans to limit the issuing of work permits

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Wed May 20, 2009 10:18 pm

Many many thanks to you all.

Cheers,

IrelandHopeful.

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Wed May 20, 2009 11:05 pm

New to this board,and what a great board it is.
I applied 1December 2007,add documents requested April 2009.Phone yesterday,everything looks good in my application,but still waiting 4 outside agencies(suprise,suprise!!)
Am a little concern,got my first penalty points the same day add documents where requested....bollocks!!!!I am worried sick that they will hold this against me!!!!Any one wanna give me some peace of mind maybe about this.... :wink:

yelims

Post by yelims » Thu May 21, 2009 12:33 pm

did anyone managed to get thru today on the phone, was busy all time

quite frustrating

i just want to check up on progress as they where very vague last time :(

5 months now since i sent the extra documents that where requested

quickly approaching 3 years now since i applied (for the second time)

crown

Post by crown » Thu May 21, 2009 9:56 pm

IrelandHopeful wrote:Hi all,

To God's glory, I am happy to inform you that my approval came today by registered mail. :lol: 8)

Cheers,

IrelandHopeful
Congrats
I suggest you change your name to IrelandReality You are no longer hoping to be Irish but a real Paddy now
Crown

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri May 22, 2009 7:51 pm

Congrats IrelandHopeful !! I'm sure you're already thinking of all those Visa-free Travel !