ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship docs for EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rao166

Sponsorship docs for EC

Post by rao166 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:11 am

Hello guys,

My sponsor in Uk can only send me the following docs

- invitation letter
- passport copy
- salary slip

would it be sufficient for EC purposes as no residence proof he can provide.

regards
Rao

ShoaibJaved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:06 pm

Bank statement is a must and should cover atleast past three months.
If you are applying for EC under HSMP category then residence proof may not be required but the invitation letter should clearly state the adress of the sponsor. Make the letter look more like a sponsor letter rather than an invitation letter clearly stating the sposors intention to provide you with residence as well as take responsibilities of your financial liabilities.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:15 pm

Dear Rao,

I think the requirment varies form embassy to embassy (consulate office to consulate office) and conutry to country. I had heard that here in India they need at elast two government bills, but somoene known to me has got EC stamped only on the sponsorship letter. I ahd submitted, letter, Gas Bill, Electricity bill and COuncil tax bill, (no passport), but yes, the invitation letter (yes, it was almost in a form of invitation only) stated the number of persons staying at the address, bedrooms in it, and passport number of the sponsor. and I got EC for me and my family.

sohail

Post by sohail » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:54 am

only invitation letter is enough!

ShoaibJaved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:43 pm

What is the objective of the sponsor letter? is it to meet the requirement of accommodation arrangement only? if it is so, then an invitation letter with the full contact details is enough and certainly a copy of passport will help but is not at all necessary to provide.

But if you do not have enough funds to prove that you can support yourself in UK and are taking help (financial) from someone already in UK then documents mentioned in my previous post are required.