ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa for Work permit holder

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Dependant visa for Work permit holder

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:38 pm

Dear All,

I am a workpermit holder came to UK on Jan 2008. I am a Indian citizen and want to apply visa for my wife as dependant. Please clarify my doubts below.

I) Do I need to show accomadation proof as well ? , I mean do I need to show where my wife will be living in UK ? , for now I am in a shared house and planing to take a seperate house before my wife arrives to UK.So shall I show only maintanance funds or do I need to take a house seperately in ADVANCE and show that tenancy agreement ? or council tax paid bills etc ?

II) I am little confused on the visa fees.
I need to pay 16150 Rs (for work permit holder dependant) or 19900 Rs (Tier 2 dependant ) ? , Currently I am in Workpermit visa only , but as work permit is termed as Tier 2 now , creates little confusion.Kindly clarify.

III) Which form to use for dependant visa "VAF 2" or "VAF10" ? In one of the email from enquiry to UKVisas office , they were telling to use "VAF2" ?

IV) Any idea of visa processing time , as I saw there is IT problem and seems visas r getting delayed in Chennai ?

thanks in advance for your valuable information

regards

Raj

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 21, 2009 12:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Re: Dependant visa for Work permit holder

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Thu May 21, 2009 8:33 am

Rajuk09 wrote:Dear All,

I am a workpermit holder came to UK on Jan 2008. I am a Indian citizen and want to apply visa for my wife as dependant. Please clarify my doubts below.

I) Do I need to show accomadation proof as well ? , I mean do I need to show where my wife will be living in UK ? , for now I am in a shared house and planing to take a seperate house before my wife arrives to UK.So shall I show only maintanance funds or do I need to take a house seperately in ADVANCE and show that tenancy agreement ? or council tax paid bills etc ?

If you are on WP then company will take care of all these issues and you dont have to worry. Your company will give you list of documents to submit. Ask your HR ( or Visa officer ) and they should help you.

II) I am little confused on the visa fees.
I need to pay 16150 Rs (for work permit holder dependant) or 19900 Rs (Tier 2 dependant ) ? , Currently I am in Workpermit visa only , but as work permit is termed as Tier 2 now , creates little confusion.Kindly clarify.

III) Which form to use for dependant visa "VAF 2" or "VAF10" ? In one of the email from enquiry to UKVisas office , they were telling to use "VAF2" ?

IV) Any idea of visa processing time , as I saw there is IT problem and seems visas r getting delayed in Chennai ?

thanks in advance for your valuable information

regards

Raj

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:31 am

Hi Vinny,

From the link you provided I got the answers for II and III.

For question I)
" Do I need to show accomadation proof as well ? , I mean do I need to show where my wife will be living in UK ? , for now I am in a shared house and planing to take a seperate house before my wife arrives to UK.So shall I show only maintanance funds or do I need to take a house seperately in ADVANCE and show that tenancy agreement ? or council tax paid bills etc ? "

Still its not so clear, I read as accomadation proof has to be shown.But what kind of documents need to show ? , Currently the place where I stay, I don have my name in the tenancy agreement, Can I get a letter from the landlord stating that , He can accomadate ME and MY WIFE in the house and he have that much space in it ? kind of letter ? and is that sufficient or I need to have the whole flat or house in my name and the bills too ? It would be great if you could get me answer for this.

Hi HSMP2008_JANUAY ,
Actually my company is not doing any sort of documentation other than employment letter , payslips and P60.And every thing has to be done by myself , so all these confusions.

thanks and regards

Raj

mrnaidu

Post by mrnaidu » Fri May 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Hi Vinny,

From the link you provided I got the answers for II and III.

For question I)
" Do I need to show accomadation proof as well ? , I mean do I need to show where my wife will be living in UK ? , for now I am in a shared house and planing to take a seperate house before my wife arrives to UK.So shall I show only maintanance funds or do I need to take a house seperately in ADVANCE and show that tenancy agreement ? or council tax paid bills etc ? "

Still its not so clear, I read as accomadation proof has to be shown.But what kind of documents need to show ? , Currently the place where I stay, I don have my name in the tenancy agreement, Can I get a letter from the landlord stating that , He can accomadate ME and MY WIFE in the house and he have that much space in it ? kind of letter ? and is that sufficient or I need to have the whole flat or house in my name and the bills too ? It would be great if you could get me answer for this.

Hi HSMP2008_JANUAY ,
Actually my company is not doing any sort of documentation other than employment letter , payslips and P60.And every thing has to be done by myself , so all these confusions.

thanks and regards

Raj

Hi Raj,

What are the answers for II) and III questions.

For question I:
Yes you must need a accommodation proof, otherwise a letter stating 1 month accommodation from your comp.
Accommodationproof includes 1.tenancy 1.Any one utility bill.
either comp letter or accommodation proof is must.

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:45 am

I cound nt find answer for II and III from the link vinny provided clearly.
Can someone plese give the answers.