ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DVLA Lost Passport - absences for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP_CANDIDATE
Newly Registered

DVLA Lost Passport - absences for ILR

Post by HSMP_CANDIDATE » Thu May 21, 2009 11:38 am

Hello Friends,

DVLA lost my passport when I applied for the provisional driving licence, as a result I do not have my 2 previous passports and cannot show the absences, although I remember them from memory.

Could someone advice me on how to proceed.

Many Thanks
Your Friend.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Thu May 21, 2009 11:48 am

This is ridiculous.

I should say NHS, Royal Mail, DVLA & Home Office are all useless organisation here.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu May 21, 2009 12:22 pm

hsmp_candidate, sorry about this. I think this people are proving more and more to be incompetent in what they do. Yet they complain against migrants taking their jobs.

Anyway, this is a dicey one but if you had copies of important pages it will help you to argue well in case there is need for it. In most cases the HO have all the required information in their databases.

So no qualms, just get another Passport get ur visa(s) back on it, although I have to say, IT WILL COST SOME QUID.

Sten

Post by Sten » Thu May 21, 2009 2:27 pm

It helps to have a certified solicitor's copy of your passport before sending it anywhere, costs less than £30-£50 ..
Good luck !

HSMP_CANDIDATE
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_CANDIDATE » Mon May 25, 2009 10:14 am

Thank You All for your kind responses.

I forgot to say that this happend a while back and I got new passport and the VISA transferred to the new passport.

The other day I have called up Public Enquiry Office and was told that if I submit my application along with the letter from DVLA stating that the passport was lost, should suffice. Perhaps they realized that it's one of the other government agency and hence the consideration. But the problem is, it's all verbal how can I trust these people after reading through the forum.

Can someone please tell me if there is any email address so atleast I can get the response in an email and attach is to the application.

Many Thanks
Friend

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Tue May 26, 2009 7:25 am

There are two scenarios

If HO has info about your old passport in their system, they will be able to process your application with out making further enquiries.
else it will take while for them to contact your country embassy and find out the details before they can approve your ILR.

If you take PEO appointment, they will tell you this straightway.
Hope this helps

HSMP_CANDIDATE
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_CANDIDATE » Tue May 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Thank You tech.

I will go for PEO appointment and try my luck.

Thank You All.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:26 pm

tech wrote:There are two scenarios

If HO has info about your old passport in their system, they will be able to process your application with out making further enquiries.
else it will take while for them to contact your country embassy and find out the details before they can approve your ILR.

If you take PEO appointment, they will tell you this straightway.
Hope this helps
I doubt whether they have to contact home country embassy!

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:00 pm

You can go for a subject access request with UKBA and ask for all the information they have on your entries to the UK, particularly copies of your landing cards.

I just did this (my previous passport was stolen) and got a copy of the landing card recording my first entry. Process took less than a month, but they don't communicate with you in between.

More info -

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

HSMP_CANDIDATE
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_CANDIDATE » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Thank You All & bani for your kind responses.

I am lucky to trace a scanned copy of my initial entry stamp with visa page, but I will apply for Subject Access request.

Thanks again.
Friend.