ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what status an Irish Nationalguy's NON-EU parents contains?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSE

what status an Irish Nationalguy's NON-EU parents contains?

Post by HSE » Tue May 19, 2009 9:02 pm

I just want to ask. if one person is Irish National via naturalisation and his parents are NOn EU and if he/she wants to bring them here for good as that person has sound job. Is that possible?? Thanks.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed May 20, 2009 9:54 am

I don't think that there is a current provision which allows non-EU parents of irish nationals to stay here for more than 90 days (i.e. visitor visa). But I think there is a provision that if you were to move to another EU country you can get your parents to join you permanently provided you prove that you have the financial means to support them and they will not be dependent on the State to support them.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu May 21, 2009 6:25 pm

If the non-EU parents are visa required nationals, the only option for them is C visit visa valid for 90 days. They would have to leave after the 90 days. The fact that their son/daugher is a naturalised irish does not make much of a difference.
If the non-EU parents are non visa required nationals, they can come and live as dependants on Stamp 3 provided that Irish national will be supporting them completely.
Hopefully something in relation to that will be mentioned in the new Bill.

HSE

Post by HSE » Thu May 21, 2009 8:35 pm

thanks agnikuas, its useful info. coz i thought with new bill, if ur irish national or eu citizen, u can bring ur parents on stamp 3 here as dependent person. obviously i wasnt right. thanks ..

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri May 22, 2009 11:20 am

is there a draft version of this Bill somewhere on the web?
So effectively you are saying that for non-EU parents who are citizens of visa-required countries there is no provision even in the new Bill that they can stay here beyond 90 days?
But if they are non-EU but no-visa required countries they can stay here beyond 90 days providing the irish national son/daughter supports them?
It is a bit weird.

HSE

Post by HSE » Fri May 22, 2009 3:34 pm

i agree strongbow coz i read the new bill from inis web site quiet sometimes ago and i felt it was a bit different but again i cant stand on my words as i dont remember it well. i mite try to dig it out later coz at this moment i am still waiting for naturalisation result after 42 months !! :evil:

HSE

Post by HSE » Fri May 22, 2009 3:42 pm

found something interesting !!! if iam not wrong , reading through this what i figure out that Non eu parents of an EU citizen (which i think inclduing irish citizen too) CAN STAY on Stamp 3 here.
Correct me if i am wrong guys. Thanks

link = http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Dependants of an EEA National
EU Treaty Rights

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Information Note

European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006

This information is intended to assist applicants in their dealings with EU Treaty Rights Section.
As such it does not constitute legal advice and is intended for guidance purposes only.
Introduction

The Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform made the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006, (Statutory Instrument No. 226 of 2006) and the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006 (No.2) (Statutory Instrument No. 656 of 2006).
The Regulations bring into effect in Irish law European Directive 2004/38/EC on the right of citizens of the European Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

In light of the decision of the European Court of Justice on 25 July 2008 "Metock & others", The Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform introduced European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) (Amendment) Regulations 2008 (Statutory Instrument No.310 of 2008) amending the above Regulations. See SI 310 of 2008 (PDF 102KB)

Notice: If you received a refusal decision between 28 April 2006 to 25 July 2008, See EU Treaty Rights, FAQ 11
What will the Regulations mean in terms of registration and residence in Ireland?

For EU Citizens - Under the Regulations an EU citizen does not need to register his/her presence in the State with the immigration authorities.

The right of residence of an EU citizen remains subject to conditions. He/she must be, either,

* engaged in economic activity (employed or self employed); or
* a person with sufficient resources and sickness insurance to ensure that they do not become a burden on the social services of the host Member State; or
* enrolled as a student or vocational trainee; or
* a family member of an EU citizen in one of the above categories.

For Family Members - A Family Member (i.e. spouse, child, dependant relative, other family member requiring the personal care of the EU citizen on health grounds, member of the household of the EU citizen, partner) who is not a national of an EU Member State must apply for a Residence Card which will confirm that he/she is a family member of an EU citizen residing in Ireland. This Residence Card can be used in place of an Irish re-entry visa, where the holder wishes to leave Ireland on a short journey and return to the State.
What other changes result from the Regulations?

Permanent Residence - EU citizens and their family members may apply, respectively, for a Permanent Residence Certificate or Permanent Residence Card after they have resided for a continuous period of 5 years in Ireland. Residence Card for Children - A particular feature of the Regulations is that non-EEA nationals of whatever age who are family members of EU citizens resident in Ireland should apply for the appropriate Card. Prior to the introduction of the Regulations, children under 16 years of age were specifically excluded from the requirement to register their presence in Ireland.

Partners of EU citizens - The Regulations allow for the facilitation of the admission of the partner of an EU citizen where they are in a durable relationship which is duly attested. The permission granted to such partners for the purposes of admission and residence in the State does not involve the recognition of such partnerships for other purposes. It will be noted from the Application Form that documentary evidence is required to establish that the partnership has existed for a reasonable duration. The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) would expect that clear evidence be provided that the partnership has existed for at least 2 years prior to the application in order to issue the relevant card. In examining an application, INIS is obliged to undertake an extensive examination of the personal circumstances of such relationships.
Application Forms

Applications Forms for the relevant certificate/card are now available on this website, as follows.

* Form EU 1 - Application for a Residence Card Non-EEA family member, resident in Ireland for more than 3 months.
* Form EU 2 - Application for a Permanent Residence Certificate EU Citizen resident in Ireland for more than 5 years.
* Form EU 3 - Application for Permanant Residence Card Non-EU Family Member resident in Ireland for more than 5 years.

To apply, the applicant must complete the form in full and attach any relevant documents in original form which will be returned to the applicant as soon as ipossible.
Because original documents are required to support each application it is recommended that registered post be used. A separate Application Form must be completed by each individual, including a child.

Completed Application Forms should be sent by registered post to:-

EU Treaty Rights Section
Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2.

If you have any questions about the forms you can use the telephone helpline or e-mail your enquiry to eutreatyrights@justice.ie or post enquiries to the above address .

Please be advised that the processing of an application can take up to 6 months before a decision on an application may be forthcoming where it is deemed appropriate to do so and if all the necessary requirements are fulfilled.
Other features of the Regulations

* The new status of permanent residence for EU citizens and their family members after five years uninterrupted legal residence in the State is lost only in the event of more than two successive years’ absence from Ireland or in circumstances where removal procedures have been commenced against the person concerned.
* The death of the EU citizen, his/her departure from Ireland, divorce, annulment of marriage or termination of partnership will not affect the right of family members who are not nationals of a Member State to continue residing in Ireland, subject to certain conditions.
* Under the Directive, Member States have the power to expel persons from their territory. EU citizens or their family members may be expelled on grounds of public policy, public security or public health. However, before making such a decision the host Member State must assess a number of factors such as how long the individual concerned has resided on its territory, his/her age, state of health, family and economic situation, social and cultural integration into the host Member State and the extent of his/her links with the country of origin.

Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
Frequently Asked Questions on this subject can be found under EU Treaty Rights FAQs

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri May 22, 2009 6:42 pm

HSE, that sounds good in theory. Unfortunately, EU treaty rights section does not deal with irish national. It's only EU nationals other than Irish. And as well EU treaty rights are mainly dealing with spouses/partners and children of EU nationals. I am not sure about their views on the parents of EU nationals. It would be interesting to know if anyone has any experience in that.
I haven't read the new Bill so I don't know whether anything is there in relation to the non EU parents of irish nationals. Even if it in the Bill now, it may not be after it is finalised and completed/signed/approved.