ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate and passport questions.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emma84

Certificate and passport questions.

Post by Emma84 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Finally, I've become a British citizen after a long hard road. Just got a couple of questions about my certificate now I've got it.

1. My certificate is in my maiden name. Now I've got married, do I need to send the certificate back for amendment and if so, what's the best way to go about doing that?

2. If it's not essential to have my certificate in my married name, can I apply for my passport in my married name?

1963British

Post by 1963British » Thu May 21, 2009 11:24 pm

The certificate is issued in the name that you had when you became a citizen. It is now a fact of history and no longer subject to change. Unless there is an error.

You will apply for a Passport under your now married name. When you apply you will need to naturally provide documentation to show your change of name.

Once that first passport is issued, you will probably not need to show your certificate again.

Emma84

Post by Emma84 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:32 am

Ok that clears things up, thanks a lot. :D