ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Naturalization - Required Documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Mon May 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Southern_Sky wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
babar asif wrote:Hi
Do you know , if I need a birth certificate in order to get Irish Passport ? For the naturalization I had given a affedavit and they accept it .
I've never heard that another birth cert is required for the passport again. is this something new ? Are you asked to present one for passport as well? we already submitted one for the naturalisation application!

Also, could you folks tell me how long it takes to get the naturalisation cert after taking the oath ? some says 6 weeks some 4 weeks?
many thanks,
regards
A_I
The Certificate of Naturalisation is issued 4 weeks after sending INIS your Signed Oath & Bank Draft of 950euro.

The Original Long Form Birth Cert is required for the Irish Passport Application. Even though INIS accepts an Birth Affidavit / Certified Copy, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) does not. Requiring the original birth certificate is standard practice in most countries in order to issue a new Passport.

What documents should be enclosed: 'Photocopies are not acceptable.'
http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=254

Instructions for completing the Passport Application Form:
http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/Pas ... ctions.pdf
Many thanks sothern_sky,
I've read through the first link. And seen the following:
"If a naturalised Irish Citizen:
the citizenship certificate issued by the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and your long form birth certificate. "

It doesn't say that they don't accept the birth affidavit...
What if we don't have such birth cert system in our original country and have some sort of ID card showing the mother/father name, birth place/year etc. Like many of us filled out birth affidavit during the application process... I guess it should be ok, what would you think? please advise.
Regards, A_I

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Mon May 11, 2009 3:47 pm

another_immigrant wrote:
Southern_Sky wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
babar asif wrote:Hi
Do you know , if I need a birth certificate in order to get Irish Passport ? For the naturalization I had given a affedavit and they accept it .
I've never heard that another birth cert is required for the passport again. is this something new ? Are you asked to present one for passport as well? we already submitted one for the naturalisation application!

Also, could you folks tell me how long it takes to get the naturalisation cert after taking the oath ? some says 6 weeks some 4 weeks?
many thanks,
regards
A_I
The Certificate of Naturalisation is issued 4 weeks after sending INIS your Signed Oath & Bank Draft of 950euro.

The Original Long Form Birth Cert is required for the Irish Passport Application. Even though INIS accepts an Birth Affidavit / Certified Copy, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) does not. Requiring the original birth certificate is standard practice in most countries in order to issue a new Passport.

Many thanks sothern_sky,
the citizenship certificate issued by the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and your long form birth certificate. "

What if we don't have such birth cert system in our original country and have some sort of ID card showing the mother/father name, birth place/year etc. Like many of us filled out birth affidavit during the application process... I guess it should be ok, what would you think? please advise.
Regards, A_I

What documents should be enclosed - http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=254
Complete all sections of the application form correctly and legibly. Don’t forget to enter your signature in the signaturebox on the left hand side of this section.
Enclose two recently taken passport photographs .
Have the witness section of the application form and one photograph signed by a Garda Síochána, for applications made in Ireland, or by a member of one of the categories listed on the form for applications made abroad.
Enclose Proof of Citizenship, if this is your first passport application, or your most recently issued passport in the case of renewal applications. Photocopies are not acceptable.
Enclose the appropriate fee.

Also you can refer to Section 3 of the Passport Application Form..and written in red is 'Enclose Originals of All certificates'
http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/Pas ... /aps1e.pdf

You can feel free to call the Passport Office to confirm, and perhaps they have a alternative for such situations as yours.
Passport Office Dublin Tel. 00 353 1 671 1633 or LoCall 1890 426 888

In the USA there is an alternate provision for a Birth Affidavit - But this is a more intricate Affidavit than the one requested by INIS !:
''A birth affidavit should be submitted (with an application for a U.S. passport) when an acceptable birth certificate cannot be obtained for a
person born in the United States and must be accompanied by a notice from the appropriate authorities indicating that no birth record exists. A birth
affidavit may also be submitted in conjunction with other birth records. A birth affidavit must be made by a person who has personal knowledge of the
facts of the birth of the person whose birth in the United States is to be proved. The affidavit shall state briefly how his/her knowledge was acquired. It is
preferred that the affidavit be made by an older blood relative, although it may be made by the attending physician or any other person who has
personal knowledge of the birth.''
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79954.pdf

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Thu May 14, 2009 10:16 am

Southern_Sky wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
Southern_Sky wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:

many thanks,
regards
A_I

Many thanks sothern_sky,

Regards, A_I

What documents should be enclosed - http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=254
Complete all sections of the application form correctly and legibly. Don’t forget to enter your signature in the signaturebox on the left hand side of this section.
Enclose two recently taken passport photographs .
Have the witness section of the application form and one photograph signed by a Garda Síochána, for applications made in Ireland, or by a member of one of the categories listed on the form for applications made abroad.
Enclose Proof of Citizenship, if this is your first passport application, or your most recently issued passport in the case of renewal applications. Photocopies are not acceptable.
Enclose the appropriate fee.

Also you can refer to Section 3 of the Passport Application Form..and written in red is 'Enclose Originals of All certificates'
http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/Pas ... /aps1e.pdf

You can feel free to call the Passport Office to confirm, and perhaps they have a alternative for such situations as yours.
Passport Office Dublin Tel. 00 353 1 671 1633 or LoCall 1890 426 888

In the USA there is an alternate provision for a Birth Affidavit - But this is a more intricate Affidavit than the one requested by INIS !:
''A birth affidavit should be submitted (with an application for a U.S. passport) when an acceptable birth certificate cannot be obtained for a
person born in the United States and must be accompanied by a notice from the appropriate authorities indicating that no birth record exists. A birth
affidavit may also be submitted in conjunction with other birth records. A birth affidavit must be made by a person who has personal knowledge of the
facts of the birth of the person whose birth in the United States is to be proved. The affidavit shall state briefly how his/her knowledge was acquired. It is
preferred that the affidavit be made by an older blood relative, although it may be made by the attending physician or any other person who has
personal knowledge of the birth.''
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79954.pdf
Thanks Southern_sky, I've just rang them and have been told if there is no birth cert in the origin country then a translated version of the national ID card would suffice as well.
Regards,
A_I

Missy2
Newly Registered

Post by Missy2 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:48 am

I had my passport application form approved yesterday. I submitted a copy of a birth affidavit, as the original was submitted to INIS. Also included was my marriage cert and the application form. Hope this helps.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Missy2 wrote:I had my passport application form approved yesterday. I submitted a copy of a birth affidavit, as the original was submitted to INIS. Also included was my marriage cert and the application form. Hope this helps.
when did u take the oath, it seems it takes forever to get the cert, every step in the process take ages.

Missy2
Newly Registered

Post by Missy2 » Sat May 16, 2009 5:11 am

Hi dublin1,

I took the oath on the 6th of March.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Sat May 16, 2009 1:33 pm

Missy2 wrote:Hi dublin1,

thanks Missy, and when did u receive the naturalization cert. ?

JAJ
Australia

Re: getting Natsn cert quickly..

Post by JAJ » Sun May 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Southern_Sky wrote: Your non-Irish passport (Indian one in this case) is valid until its expiry date.

Indian passport is immediately invalid, once the holder becomes an Irish citizen.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Mon May 18, 2009 1:56 pm

Missy2 wrote:Hi dublin1,

so, it took exactly 10 weeks to get your passport since your oath... ( this includes the period for naturalisation cert and sending the passport application form after that)... did I count correct ?

A_I

Missy2
Newly Registered

Post by Missy2 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi another immigrant,

Yes, I think so. I sent form 7 on the 7th of March and got cert on the 24th of April, and applied for passport on the 1st of May, got it on the 15th.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Tue May 19, 2009 10:38 am

Anyone who sent all docs at the beginning of April received naturalization cert yet ?

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Thu May 21, 2009 12:14 am

pahadia wrote:Anyone who sent all docs at the beginning of April received naturalization cert yet ?
Did you send the documents to Dublin or Tiperrary?

citi
Newly Registered

Post by citi » Fri May 22, 2009 10:12 am

opengl wrote:
pahadia wrote:Anyone who sent all docs at the beginning of April received naturalization cert yet ?
I received my naturalization cert today by registered post. I sent all docs on 1st April 2009.

justalad
Newly Registered

Post by justalad » Mon May 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Just a quick update, I send my docs to Tipp on the 26th March 2009, got my cert today (25th May 2009).

Good luck to the rest of you.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Wed May 27, 2009 12:59 am

OK so...got mine too...next step is to get passport...
What document to attach ? I heard they insist on long form birth cert...is that true ?

Missy2
Newly Registered

Post by Missy2 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:17 am

Hi Pahadia,

Not really, I applied for my passport while using a copy of the affidavit supplied to INIS, got it in less than 10 days.

TRV

Post by TRV » Wed May 27, 2009 7:01 pm

where should i call to get appointment at the court? I live outside Dublin, the approval letter have only dublin phone number.

Thanks