ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

income support after accident

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

susu87
Newly Registered

income support after accident

Post by susu87 » Fri May 22, 2009 4:32 pm

hello
my partner is here since 3 years he is eea member,he has been working here,im non eea n having residence card,he got beatten up by nasty guys on his way back home in the evening,and he bled so much and cos of his head injuries he cant consentrate like before,so he is at the moment not able to work,until he recover,so he is now claiming income support,and housing benefit,they didnt accept to give him incapicity benefit cos they said his NI CONTRIBUTION IS NOT ENOUGH,but they r paying us income support,would that affect our status here in the uk,would he now loose his right to stay and my right to stay??

thnx

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: income support after accident

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 22, 2009 5:49 pm

susu87 wrote:hello
my partner is here since 3 years he is eea member,he has been working here,im non eea n having residence card,he got beatten up by nasty guys on his way back home in the evening,and he bled so much and cos of his head injuries he cant consentrate like before,so he is at the moment not able to work,until he recover,so he is now claiming income support,and housing benefit,they didnt accept to give him incapicity benefit cos they said his NI CONTRIBUTION IS NOT ENOUGH,but they r paying us income support,would that affect our status here in the uk,would he now loose his right to stay and my right to stay??

thnx
Similar thing happened to my mate, he was self-employed, paid Class 2 and Class 4 stamp - earned over 100k and paid about 30k Tax/NI, no work now - whats he get?

Nothing at all.

He's paid more in taxes than most do in 10 years yet he's entitled to nothing.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....