ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dolphin_m70

ILR question

Post by dolphin_m70 » Fri May 22, 2009 6:34 pm

hi
Last year i got my ILR.And now im eligible to get the citizenship. Could anyone pls help me with the following doubts.

1. Is there dual citienship in india
2. Can i continue with ILR instead of being a citizen as i am planning to go bak in 5-6 yrs time.
3. In the current financial scenario do you suggest tht i should go for citizenship
4. Will my ILR become invalid if i travel
5. If i take the citizenship, is it poss to get the indian citizenship if need to go bak permanently

Thx in advance

cheers

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR question

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 22, 2009 6:36 pm

dolphin_m70 wrote:hi
Last year i got my ILR.And now im eligible to get the citizenship. Could anyone pls help me with the following doubts.

1. Is there dual citienship in india
2. Can i continue with ILR instead of being a citizen as i am planning to go bak in 5-6 yrs time.
3. In the current financial scenario do you suggest tht i should go for citizenship
4. Will my ILR become invalid if i travel
5. If i take the citizenship, is it poss to get the indian citizenship if need to go bak permanently

Thx in advance

cheers
1. No - only OCI
2. Yes
3. Dunno - take a guess
4. No - but after two years away u can lose it.
5. Dunno
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

nathan_nathan

Post by nathan_nathan » Fri May 29, 2009 12:55 am

You have to be in India for 8 years before you can get Indian citizenship.
Unless you want to stand in an election or vote or possess agricultural land PIO or OCI should be fine.