ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Independant 25/5/2009

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Italybound
Newly Registered

Irish Independant 25/5/2009

Post by Italybound » Mon May 25, 2009 8:42 am

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 49782.html

There you go, you need connections.

This country is rotten to the core.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:35 am

Who cares about getting a passport 5 days faster?
Do they have a similar service to get naturalisation in less than 3 years? :evil:

Italybound
Newly Registered

Post by Italybound » Mon May 25, 2009 9:52 am

Hmm...but it shows how this country works.

I have been offered the services of various officials by someone that has contacts, to push through my naturalisation So I imagine it must be happening.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:59 am

Just to clarify, I am not meaning to take a swipe at you, but maybe at the journalist, who might concentrate on other things (like naturalisation delays), but then passports are more important to an Irish citizen (and voter) than naturalisation of foreigners.
Actually, I can see why the service might exist, if someone was silly enough to have imminent travel plans and not have a current passport it would be useful.
Can you pass on the details of the contact? No, just kidding, I would rather do it the "right" way.
It certainly does show how the country works though.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Mon May 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Read the article!

Ok they use their jobs to speed up an application by five days! Ok maybe she did alot of applications over a short period of time! But you should come to Italy.....people can actually buy driving licenses here!!!

And as for immigration, that's the only way it works who you know, how much you can pay!! Once they told my friend (EU citizen) that they couldn't process her residency....they had Italians to deal with first! THey only deal with like 5 forgeiners every few days so she would have to get in line early! LOL!

Here it is corrupt to the core starting all the way from the top! So I don't think pushing a passport through a couple of days quicker is that bad!

Italybound
Newly Registered

Post by Italybound » Mon May 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Ciara

We need to swap!!!

I have read some your commenrts and I really hope you and and your husband get the citizen stuff sorted.

I was offered as a means to help, this country is also who you know not what you know.

Ciara the attitude stinks here as well. When I first came over we had to get an extension to my tourist visa and my husband had to come in with his bank account details, we had just returned from Australia and as a favour someone was renting us a flat for 100 a week. Do you know the nice Immigration officer said to my husband? 'You cannot afford to look after a dog.' And that was to two people who spoke English, imagine what they are like to those where english is their second language.

I am sure corruption happens in Italy and I am sure corruption happens in Ireland, there is nothing wrong with linking it to a website.

TD's should not be practicing this parish pump politics.

At least the italians like Berlusconi...nobody likes Cowen.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Mon May 25, 2009 1:21 pm

You ain't seen corruption till you come to Italy.....an Italian police officer in full uniform/working asked me why the hell I would marry a Moroccan! They are so rude you have no idea!! The law changes everyday here and everyone can do what they want and why not they see there own Prime Minister getting away with it why shouldn't day!! And ask anyone here they all say that none of them voted for Silvio....hilarious....all his empty promises!

I was actually asked in the local Comune office if I was sure Ireland was in the European union....I was like yes quite sure!! See the stars and European Union written on my passport they didn't believe me so they took out a map!

Another one! My friend went to pick up some test results and she had to give her details - name/DOB/place of birth - when she said Dublin they told her they could find it could she give them another place of birth - she was like no....I was only born in Dublin!!

You have no idea what its like here! Couple of hundred euro you can pay anyone off!!